Help with Japanese Translation

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Hello all, I'm currently in the process, probably the very long one, of trying my first translation of a game. However, I'm quickly learning that Japanese translators, such as google, are not very... great. As such, I wanted to know if anyone here has any experience with Japanese and wouldn't mind providing some help here and there with some words that don't really translate well. For the most part I can probably get by, but there are, and have already been, a few words which I needed to go digging around more for a better idea on what the word really means. So yeah, anyone willing to lend a hand please let me know! I'd appreciate any help.

Also, for the mods, if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move it where it needs to go, not quite sure if this is the right place for it and I'd rather it be in the right place than removed completely, thanks!

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Hello all, I'm currently in the process, probably the very long one, of trying my first translation of a game. However, I'm quickly learning that Japanese translators, such as google, are not very... great. As such, I wanted to know if anyone here has any experience with Japanese and wouldn't mind providing some help here and there with some words that don't really translate well. For the most part I can probably get by, but there are, and have already been, a few words which I needed to go digging around more for a better idea on what the word really means. So yeah, anyone willing to lend a hand please let me know! I'd appreciate any help.

Also, for the mods, if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move it where it needs to go, not quite sure if this is the right place for it and I'd rather it be in the right place than removed completely, thanks!
I don't know if the mods will move it (you can ask them to by reporting) but I'm pretty sure you should have posted here instead:

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
I don't know if the mods will move it (you can ask them to by reporting) but I'm pretty sure you should have posted here instead:
Oh fuck you're right, damn I didn't even realize that was a page god dammit. My bad, I'll see if I can get a mod to move it there, thanks!

Reactions: Papa Ernie

xslayermkdx

Jun 4, 2017
I really love some of the japanese games and if someone can translate them will be nice, thats really nice idea go forward with it thumbs up!