Help with 3Delight rendering problems (Daz3D)

F

fontnatura

Hi, the problem is the render times, when i add uberlights to a simple scene with very few stuff the render can take more than 5 hours it doesn't matter if the render is 100x100 pixels or 1080p. I've read that this can be because the SSS of the character material and i need to disable it, the question is how do i do that?, there's no on/off sub surface scattering on the material.

Also i have a Radeon card so i can't use Iray. i5 2500k OC, 16gb ram, R9 390x 8gb.

Thanks.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
I find that mixing lights up has an affect on times, but the biggest is rendering in 3Delight with Iray textures. I tend to use Age of Armor lights (ambiant + couple of spot lights) for a 5-10 min render (max). I don't play around with SSS.

My suggestion is you check textures, then try rendering with the various different lights.

Reactions: fontnatura
F

fontnatura

I find that mixing lights up has an affect on times, but the biggest is rendering in 3Delight with Iray textures. I tend to use Age of Armor lights (ambiant + couple of spot lights) for a 5-10 min render (max). I don't play around with SSS.

My suggestion is you check textures, then try rendering with the various different lights.
It's really a strange issue, now i'm adding the stuff and rendering each time i add something and now it seems to render just fine 1-2 min at most (even with uberlights). It doesn't make any sense, maybe something in my previous scene was off. Now i even using iray materials and it doesn't add any more render time...

Maybe it was the background model, i'm gonna try to recreate the problem.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
It's really a strange issue, now i'm adding the stuff and rendering each time i add something and now it seems to render just fine 1-2 min at most (even with uberlights). It doesn't make any sense, maybe something in my previous scene was off. Now i even using iray materials and it doesn't add any more render time...

Maybe it was the background model, i'm gonna try to recreate the problem.
It was strange, I've never had a 3Delight scene take more than 20 minutes, normally 5-10 max (mainly in a couple of mins). Light incompatability and surface texture are the biggest slow points I find. As I said I use the Age of Armor lights, but I have found myself wanting to use Uber surface light shaders, for tube lights and some bulbs. Never works well.

Reactions: fontnatura