Help restoring seen content to unseen in Ren'py

bassackwards

Jul 1, 2020
I am wanting to replay a game and follow the different paths but I dont want to completely replay each path. I simply want to see the different content for each path. The problem is that I have seen all of it before and the tab to skip seen content doesnt differentiate between the new content for each path.

Is there a way to restore the game to the default state where all of the content is new so that I can play through one path and then, start a new game to replay a different path and just tab through to skip the content I have seen before on the previous path? I was tinkering around with the console and the different versions of Unren but I havent had any luck.

Laikhent

May 16, 2018
1- delete the persistent file by pressing windowskey+r, typing in %Appdata%, going to RenPy, then finding the folder of the game and deleting it.
2- also delete the persistent file on the 'gameFolder'/game/saves folder
3- run the game (if you delete only one of the files above, it be recovered and there will be no effect)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bev_

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
1- delete the persistent [...]
Alternatively, it's possible to just make Ren'Py loose its memory of the lines it already seen, without loosing the rest of the persistent values ; like the gallery, or things like that.

Since it need the console, firstly create a new file named "console.rpy" in "[path to the game]/game/", then
open the file and put this inside:
Code:
init python:
    config.console = True
Or use unren ( , ) to enable the console.

Then run the game, press shift + o to open the console, and type:
persistent._seen_ever = {}.