• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HELP NEEDED REGARDING MODDING

Darkhorze

Sep 8, 2019
I need to add a mod to apk I can but after opening it shows "THIS IS NOT ORGINAL APP RELEASED BY THE66 EXITING NOW" plz provide a soln. Screenshot_2020-04-15-15-30-03-054_org.deluca.the67.jpg

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
I think your answer is going to be to find the "real" APK released by the66 somewhere here on the site.

Search for whatever game you are trying to play here on the site, then search the release thread for posts by the66.

If I had to guess... you downloaded the game from another site. That site took the66's version of the game, messed with it (probably to add an advertisement for their own site into the game somewhere) and then released it on their own site.
At the very least, you might want to consider that the "messing" someone else did might be to introduce some malware into the executable (unlikely... but possible).

A lot of authors don't know how to build an android version of their games. the66 takes a lot of their games and tweaks the original games to better run on android and then releases the .APK as an "unofficial android version" here on this site. So if someone has messed with the .APK he built... chances are that you can't trust the new version.

Whatever the game is, it'll likely be here on the site somewhere. Just grab the "official" unofficial version, in the full knowledge that nobody has messed with it.

Darkhorze

Sep 8, 2019
I think your answer is going to be to find the "real" APK released by the66 somewhere here on the site.

Search for whatever game you are trying to play here on the site, then search the release thread for posts by the66.

If I had to guess... you downloaded the game from another site. That site took the66's version of the game, messed with it (probably to add an advertisement for their own site into the game somewhere) and then released it on their own site.
At the very least, you might want to consider that the "messing" someone else did might be to introduce some malware into the executable (unlikely... but possible).

A lot of authors don't know how to build an android version of their games. the66 takes a lot of their games and tweaks the original games to better run on android and then releases the .APK as an "unofficial android version" here on this site. So if someone has messed with the .APK he built... chances are that you can't trust the new version.

Whatever the game is, it'll likely be here on the site somewhere. Just grab the "official" unofficial version, in the full knowledge that nobody has messed with it.
Thanks for the reply.
Actually the messed up one is me itself I am trying to add a modification to this game.But this the result after opening

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
Thanks for the reply.
Actually the messed up one is me itself I am trying to add a modification to this game.But this the result after opening
Ah. That makes sense too.

If you know enough to mod the game a little bit and how to built an android .APK - you might be able to sort it out yourself.

If it were me, I'd search all the .RPY files for "released by the66" and see if you can backtrack what check is triggering it and remove it the underlying check. If you can't find it in the .RPY files, try searching the .PY files too.

Alternatively, go grab the original PC or MAC version of the game instead - unpack it using UnRen, create a new project with the RenPy SDK with the same name, then copy the contents of the /game/ folder into your development folder (don't copy the script_version.txt file - it breaks things when it doesn't match). You should then be able to make your own modifications to the source code as you like and then build your own .APK file. Of course, it won't include the66's improvements - but it won't include the error message you're seeing either.

Darkhorze

Sep 8, 2019
Ah. That makes sense too.

If you know enough to mod the game a little bit and how to built an android .APK - you might be able to sort it out yourself.

If it were me, I'd search all the .RPY files for "released by the66" and see if you can backtrack what check is triggering it and remove it the underlying check. If you can't find it in the .RPY files, try searching the .PY files too.

Alternatively, go grab the original PC or MAC version of the game instead - unpack it using UnRen, create a new project with the RenPy SDK with the same name, then copy the contents of the /game/ folder into your development folder (don't copy the script_version.txt file - it breaks things when it doesn't match). You should then be able to make your own modifications to the source code as you like and then build your own .APK file. Of course, it won't include the66's improvements - but it won't include the error message you're seeing either.
Thanks mahn..

Burning Crusade

Jun 22, 2021
Hi, i have an error saying cannot locate symbol atof referenced by librenpthon.so, android 4.4.2, do you where can i downlosd lib .so files?