Unity Help needed for game performance testing.

caLTD

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
Hello I need for help for testing my game called Aldo.

You can download from here

Test_1.jpg Test_2.jpg Test_3.jpg

It was Unity 3d game and it was very alpha state.

My problem is I had very potato pc (amd a4 6000 dual cpu and gpu on cpu) and currently my game run at 5 fps on my computer. It was playable and I can't decide continue to develop story or set back to optimization of game assets.

I'm using full house (not room by room), it was good for loading speed and it seems very hard on game performance.

However I just wonder how fast in better spec pc. Especially with gpu card.

Please download, play and send a feed back here also feel free to throw your criticism for my game.

My Best Regards.

U

User_920791

Being you the developer, you need to be able to run the game perfectly, just so you will be able to check if everything is working properly.

You will need to use simple graphics and fewer effects. Another option is to rebuild your game as a visual novel, using only static images.

caLTD

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
Hmm, image based vn's beyond my rig capabilites. Also I'm not fond of image based VN's.

My game work as intended, I'm just curious it's performance. I had very old (5 years old) PC and my VGA card dead last month. So I'm on my backup APU and need some assistance.

My Best regards.

captainJugs

Jun 7, 2017
It runs fine on my 8 year old machine... but i do have a graphics card.
And that is very important for 3D games. Are you using DAZ models?
If so, be careful which models you choose as they can have a high poly count. Especially the hair!!

The game plays like a VN so (if the game is going to stay the way it is) for performance reasons I would make it a VN game with rendered images and maybe sprites for anims like talking. You could even screen grab the game in unity and move it over to images. It'll play much better for you and others without a graphics card.

However if you're going to stick with 3D invest in a graphics card and go for it. This will allow for camera movements, particles, and full rigged animations!!

caLTD

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
It runs fine on my 8 year old machine... but i do have a graphics card.
And that is very important for 3D games. Are you using DAZ models?
If so, be careful which models you choose as they can have a high poly count. Especially the hair!!

The game plays like a VN so (if the game is going to stay the way it is) for performance reasons I would make it a VN game with rendered images and maybe sprites for anims like talking. You could even screen grab the game in unity and move it over to images. It'll play much better for you and others without a graphics card.

However if you're going to stick with 3D invest in a graphics card and go for it. This will allow for camera movements, particles, and full rigged animations!!
Oh thanks :) finally a helping hand.

In short, Instead of trying to improve performance I can go to producing more scenes way.

Thanks for support.

Long story here...

It was heavy not because of characters and because of my environment assets, they are heavy and there is no quick way to fix them.

Also I do not like using room by room system. Because individual room's model does not have home feel and or you can't find individual rooms with same artistic taste for using multiple unity scenes.

So I had full house, actually you can move inside.

This isn't an FPS, 15 frame per second was good enough to play game.

And I do not wan't to change my style, I like this way. I spend more than 6 months for asset pipeline. It's a kind of a 3d vn framework. Easy to use, can do whatever you want and open to improve, also when you improve gfx every where was improved.

For example current test build has different t-shirt for the woman character.

Plus it was very small comparing its capabilities and you can create thousands scenes and does not increase game size. The other methods are limiting story telling. Your first problem was always limiting screens because you create assets screen by screen.

And yes I need a better gfx card however my financial stats are not good enough to buy decent one.

My entire system needs full upgrade.

Anyway that was another story. Thank you man.

My Best Regards