• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

WIP HELP Mamashota Kingdom 2

Inquisidor

Feb 24, 2018
Hello, I am doing a basic stats translation for "MamashotaKingdom 2", the problem is that when I remove the "Game.rgss3a" the game crashes and does not open, but when I put it back in its place, the changes that I apply do not appear in the game
i tried editting the Script but it doesnt change the situation

Does anyone know how I can solve that problem?

1629425020715.png

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I'm not sure if i understand your problem correctly but the Game.rgss3a is basically an encrypted archive of the game files and includes usually hidden assets like the picture and audio files of the game.
If you want to remove that file without the game crashing you need to decrypt it and put the decrypted contents into the folder (obviously not overwriting your files, you just need to add the missing ones).
You can do that with several different programs. For example "All Decrypter". I'll add a version as attachment.

I have never heard of a .bak renaming method (doesn't mean it's bad I just have no clue about it). I always did it this way.
Having the files decrypted can also really help with translations since sometimes devs use specific lines several times for different functions (besides the text) and you need to be able to rename the files.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackeasy

XZXZXX

Apr 18, 2021
Hello, I am doing a basic stats translation for "MamashotaKingdom 2", the problem is that when I remove the "Game.rgss3a" the game crashes and does not open, but when I put it back in its place, the changes that I apply do not appear in the game
i tried editting the Script but it doesnt change the situation

Does anyone know how I can solve that problem?

View attachment 1361599

bro can you share your data file

乃คяdaK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2018
I'm not sure if i understand your problem correctly but the Game.rgss3a is basically an encrypted archive of the game files and includes usually hidden assets like the picture and audio files of the game.
If you want to remove that file without the game crashing you need to decrypt it and put the decrypted contents into the folder (obviously not overwriting your files, you just need to add the missing ones).
You can do that with several different programs. For example "All Decrypter". I'll add a version as attachment.

I have never heard of a .bak renaming method (doesn't mean it's bad I just have no clue about it). I always did it this way.
Having the files decrypted can also really help with translations since sometimes devs use specific lines several times for different functions (besides the text) and you need to be able to rename the files.
yes the correct procedure is to extract the Game.rgss3a and delete it once extracted, if not it gives priority to it