Daz [Help] Long Wet Hair with dForce for Genesis 8 (Solved)

PKerchu

Jul 28, 2023
Hello, I got a problem with this product and I don't know if its me (lack of knowledge) or if it is the product. The product it's supposed to have a Geoshell with Wet materials for G8F and G8M, when I apply the G8F Geoshell to my G8F character the textures are not right. I tried changing the UV map but nothing happened. The G8M Geoshell works fine with the G8M Models.
I would like to know if I'm doing something wrong or if the assets have some missing files.

PKerchu

Jul 28, 2023
Seems like the geoshell is colliding with your model.
Try to raise the offset, usually 0.1 to 0.2 or even higher.
Hi, it is not, and when I render the scene it looks fine, I mean, the wet effect looks fine but not the possition of the textures. I think the Geoshell is using the G8M Textures for both models ny default. But I don't know if this can be fixed.

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
The asset works fine for me. Did you load the 'Wet Skin GeoShell' Wearable in the folder People > Genesis 8 Female > Hair > Linday > dForce Long Wet Hair > GeoShells folder with your G8F selected in the scene ?

Are there any other assets added to your G8F (a screenshot of the scene tab would help) ?

Reactions: PKerchu

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
Hello, I got a problem with this product and I don't know if its me (lack of knowledge) or if it is the product. The product it's supposed to have a Geoshell with Wet materials for G8F and G8M, when I apply the G8F Geoshell to my G8F character the textures are not right. I tried changing the UV map but nothing happened. The G8M Geoshell works fine with the G8M Models.
I would like to know if I'm doing something wrong or if the assets have some missing files.
The problem is UV map. You must have "Uniform" uv map. Check data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\UV Sets\Linday\.
If you have no Uniform UV folder it means that you did not instal it correct.
Uniform UV have all body parts on one map - it is visible on your render. Specular maps of hands are visible on torso, head etc.

Reactions: PKerchu

PKerchu

Jul 28, 2023
Thanks to everyone, I tried what everyone said and everything was fine, the issue solved by itself...:FacePalm:, I have reloaded the same scene and now the Geoshell is working fine. I have wasted HOURS trying to make this shit work and all it needed was "reloading"...:HideThePain:, again, thanks to everyone for your time.

My english is really really bad :BootyTime:.

Reactions: Saint_RNG