Help installing renderosity files in dazstudio

13a

Jul 22, 2018
Hi, i'm new working in dazstudio (version 4.22), and I want to install renderosity files but I can't, I follow every step of this video and other videos and tutorial forums, I tried to unzip and copy the files in the My Daz 3D Library (picture) but nothing works . I tried to install Golden Palace and XY and others files from renderosity. So I ask for help in this forum if any member knows how to solve this problem cause I'm starting to feel frustrated. View attachment 3416826

MℯlonLord

Oct 23, 2022
Maybe you didn't placed the files correctly. There should be 3 folders inside the asset : data, runtime and the one containing the assets (+ documentation and readme folder, do give it a read). You should be placing those files directly in your DAZ Library, and then you can access them through Content Library.

Reactions: 13a

jonUrban

Jan 19, 2020
Normally, you'll have a content directory something like:
C:\users\public\public documents\My Daz 3D Library\

This directory has all the subdirectories like Data, People, Runtime\Textures, etc.

So what you do is open the Rar or Zip in a work directory you make, then navigate through the files and-or directories in the opened rar/zip file until you locate any or all of these:
Data, Runtime, People, etc. (they'll all be together, once you 'drill-down' through everything).

Highlight those files and right-click on them, you'll get a drop-down context menu from which you can select 'Copy'.

Having done that, right-click on your 'My Daz 3D Library' and from the Drop-Down Context menu select 'Paste'.
You may get some dialogs from Windows, just click 'OK' on any that come up.

You won't see anything in your 'Smart Content' since there's no manifests in most of these 3rd party files, but you can find them by opening your 'Content Library' tab in Daz and scrolling through the stuff in there. Many are categorized by author, so pay attention to who created the content.

Now, if the rar-zip file you open has another zip-file inside, like this: IM00090699-01_SomeName.zip, right-click and copy the file, then -instead- drop it here:
C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads (it's right above your 'My DAZ 3D Library' directory).

That file *will* appear in 'Smart Content' after you run DIM (Daz Install Manager). In DIM, Just click the box 'Work Offline', then start the install cue.

Do this a few times with different files and you'll get the hang of it.

Reactions: gremmie and 13a

13a

Jul 22, 2018
thanks to the replies, I already solved this problem creating a new folder for 3rd party files.

Last edited: