• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

WIP Help finding issues in Common Events in RPG Maker

Inquisidor

Feb 24, 2018
Hi
it's me again
rignt now im workng in a translation on a huge game, right now im testing it, but im having some issues with this error in some especific scenes of the game
i know that there are a king of common events thar weren't translated correctly but the problem is how to find the dialog or the event that are making troubles in the game, i tried searching event by event... but there are literally over 900 events to search and i cant see all of them searching where are the issues in the game
if some one can help me with a fom to see more easily the events or open the .rvdata2 to see in a form more complete the documents i would be very thankfully
similarly if someonewould like to help me with the translation or checking the documents if he can find the issues that i couldn't i would be very thanksfully, only if some one have the time or the insterest in help

1588068101680.png 1588068140039.png

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
This error is generally related to incorrect usage of text scripting tags an example of one such tag is /| or /^ and ./ as some examples. generally if a space exists between those somewhere it can cause issues. 99% of the time I see this error or one like it calling undefined method nil:nilclass it is because somewhere in the game script there is a space between a character like that where it shouldn't be. An example of the wrong use of these character tags are: \ | \ . \ ^ if there is a space between any of these anywhere it will cause issues.

This is especially common if you are using google translate to do your translation. If you are doing it manually there is a possibility you just accidentally put a space between one of those characters somewhere and it messed things up. Generally to fix them I use Translator ++ and go into the game files and search for those text characters and look for spaces in between them and remove the spacing.

I see you are using RPGM to translate it looks like so it will probably be a bit more of a pain to find the error. My best suggestion would be exporting your results so far, import them into translator ++ and search for the tags I mentioned and fix them if you find any. Assuming that is not the cause of the issue I would say you have to do it the hard way which is looking through each event manually for any issues that you come across.

Inquisidor

Feb 24, 2018
This error is generally related to incorrect usage of text scripting tags an example of one such tag is /| or /^ and ./ as some examples. generally if a space exists between those somewhere it can cause issues. 99% of the time I see this error or one like it calling undefined method nil:nilclass it is because somewhere in the game script there is a space between a character like that where it shouldn't be. An example of the wrong use of these character tags are: \ | \ . \ ^ if there is a space between any of these anywhere it will cause issues.

This is especially common if you are using google translate to do your translation. If you are doing it manually there is a possibility you just accidentally put a space between one of those characters somewhere and it messed things up. Generally to fix them I use Translator ++ and go into the game files and search for those text characters and look for spaces in between them and remove the spacing.

I see you are using RPGM to translate it looks like so it will probably be a bit more of a pain to find the error. My best suggestion would be exporting your results so far, import them into translator ++ and search for the tags I mentioned and fix them if you find any. Assuming that is not the cause of the issue I would say you have to do it the hard way which is looking through each event manually for any issues that you come across.
Yeah.... I'm fact i had to checkt manually in the RPG Maker, but at least i could find the issue with the Game, now i'm testing the Game
Thanks

Reactions: Silentce