• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Hello SFW developer/writer/artist venturing into NSFW

sidcarton

Sep 17, 2019
Hello there,

I'm an amateur artist and writer who has a day job as a developer. I have a lot of experience with Daz and AI for creating "classic" art (concept art, character design, fine art, abstracts, etc). I'm an experienced Python developer, so Ren'Py is actually a natural fit for me. I'm amazed at what folks have done with the engine, and am looking forward to developing interesting code for myself and to share with the community.

Recently I've discovered this site and it's interested me enough to think about developing my own games, both SFW and NSFW, based on some story concepts of my own and some stories that I've recently read here and elsewhere. I'm very much interested in story-based visual novels, with and without "game" content. My interests are broad, from contemporary fiction, pr0n, mystery, thrillers, to sci-fi and fantasy stories and everything in between. The story is the thing, and I don't have any particular bias towards one genre vs. another.

That being said, since I'm new to all this, I'm getting my feet wet developing "demo" stories based on what interests me at any particular time. I've have probably 4-5 stories in the fire, so to speak, in this stage and I'm using them to sharpen my rendering and development workflow. I'd love to discuss my stories and plot ideas and give feedback to others who might have similar interests so that we can all grow and learn from each other. Since I already have a day job, these stories are my passion projects that I'm willing and able to fund myself. But if there are ways that I can help other people out, I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Looking forward to hearing from all you fellow creatives and hearing about the stories you are creating.

Thanks for listening.

-Sid

NanookN

Jan 31, 2024
That's a great intro, Sid - here's hoping the foray into SFW and NSFW works out for you.

Having several stories in the fire already is great. Strike while the iron is hot!