johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
No problem there, I wouldn't ask if that was what I'm after (sounds silly on this site, doesn't it?).
But if it's a decent setup, with an actual story, I often find myself wanting to continue, to know how the story progresses, and it's just not done yet. And I have a sinking suspicion that this might be one of those cases.
I think I'll wait another week or 2.
You probably will want to wait a week or two, since Chapter 2 (of 10 I think?) should be released by then.

That said, there's virtually zero explicit content in Chapter 1, but it's a great story.

D

Deleted member 418221

That was way more than I was expecting in terms of content depth for a chapter 1.

That said I'm mad that the cuts between Chris and Annie continually showed Chris' (covered) tits, but didn't show Annie's naked ones :mad:

Reactions: Nottravis

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
That was way more than I was expecting in terms of content depth for a chapter 1.

That said I'm mad that the cuts between Chris and Annie continually showed Chris' (covered) tits, but didn't show Annie's naked ones :mad:
I guess you mean Sarah. IMO that was a great teasing move because it's something MC couldn't see. I really don't like when players are given unfair advantage over their characters in this regard.

Like I always say, every revelation needs a good timing.

Frosty2000

Nov 16, 2017
Well, 2 points. First, there are old world moneys and new world monkeys, and we are all descended from the old world monkeys. Second, you do not outgrow your ancestry, so did not evolve from monkeys, we ARE monkeys. Just like we are still apes, we are still mammals, we are still eukaryotes, and so on.
Okay I am not a native English speaker, so maybe I get something wrong, but in German the term monkey is not used for human ancestors (at least not by scientists...). As of now our last common ancestor with present day monkeys lived around 7000000 years ago. As far as I can see, scientifically there is not a defined name for this ancestor and it is indeed just called "LCA" (Last common ancestor). It's clear though that ancestor was a mammal of course, but it definitely was not a monkey like we know them today.

Hmm okay, so how make this relevant for the forum topic, so that post doesn't look too off topic...? Ah yeah, let's pretend it's part of the speculation what these aliens on Ophion could be. ;) Might they be related to humans? They definitely look like they could be some ancient human ancestor.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I guess you mean Sarah. IMO that was a great teasing move because it's something MC couldn't see. I really don't like when players are given unfair advantage over their characters in this regard.

Like I always say, every revelation needs a good timing.
Yep, that was exactly my rationale.

Although Chapt Two does have boobies galore you'll be pleased to know. :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Yeah, for the Ensign if she keeps failing to follow orders! :devilish::p
Funny you should say that. I suppose... *rests head on chin and bats eyelashes innocently*..it depends on just how bad you want your character to behave...

*sings an all content is optional song*

So manipulating the almost lesbian into sex and blackmailing the cheerleader are good?

Whew... conscience clear.
Of course! Who am I to decide what is good behaviour or not? I leave that up to the player :)

Just do watch out for tables being turned though if you're not careful... ;)
Ah yeah, let's pretend it's part of the speculation what these aliens on Ophion could be. ;) Might they be related to humans? They definitely look like they could be some ancient human ancestor.
Y'know who might have a view on that? *wiggles eyebrows*

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Okay I am not a native English speaker, so maybe I get something wrong, but in German the term monkey is not used for human ancestors (at least not by scientists...). As of now our last common ancestor with present day monkeys lived around 7000000 years ago. As far as I can see, scientifically there is not a defined name for this ancestor and it is indeed just called "LCA" (Last common ancestor). It's clear though that ancestor was a mammal of course, but it definitely was not a monkey like we know them today.

Hmm okay, so how make this relevant for the forum topic, so that post doesn't look too off topic...? Ah yeah, let's pretend it's part of the speculation what these aliens on Ophion could be. ;) Might they be related to humans? They definitely look like they could be some ancient human ancestor.
It is a relatively speaking, recent change to the terms.
But as I said before, no, not monkeys as we know them today, old world monkeys. It depends on who you ask though, genetics have changed the way we classify things.

"So, if you classify by taxa, was a member of Homo, Hominoidea (and hence the apes), and (or the Old World Monkeys). Hence our ancestor was a monkey, because we are monkeys (and apes)."

Funny you should say that. I suppose... *rests head on chin and bats eyelashes innocently*..it depends on just how bad you want your character to behave...
*sings an all content is optional song*
Of course! Who am I to decide what is good behaviour or not? I leave that up to the player :)
Just do watch out for tables being turned though if you're not careful... ;)
I am generally the good guy, but it can be fun to be bad some times. :devilish:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
That is indeed pleasing, although If I may make a suggestion, keeping enough "landscape features" for discovery in later chapters would be even more pleasing later on. ;)
Oh absolutely. I -think- I've got the balance right in that none of the content feels out of place and indeed, it does have to be worked for but I do take your point.

Of course with the luxury of ten female characters in the game I can let some good stuff out and still have treats down the line :)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Oh absolutely. I -think- I've got the balance right in that none of the content feels out of place and indeed, it does have to be worked for but I do take your point.

Of course with the luxury of ten female characters in the game I can let some good stuff out and still have treats down the line :)
Very good, then I have no concerns left.:)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Amanda Walker (the scientist in charge of the base on Ophion). Btw can't wait to have a discussion with her about the proper definition of the English word "monkey". ;)
Haha, good idea! This matter needs to be settled once and for all.:D

Reactions: Nottravis
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes