• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Heart de Roommate Issue

notananimefan

Jan 24, 2019
So I just downloaded Heart de Roommate off of here and got it working with a crack I found and was going to get through the prologue and leave it there for a bit, well when playing I immediately noticed that when the BGM cut off the voices cut out as well, which is very annoying when reading. I tried downloading from all sites I could find and no copy had this issue resolved. It doesn't happen all the time so it is intermittent but in the prologue Asumi yells "ASUMI KICK!!" and hits the MC but out of 25 times opening the game different ways the voice line only played once. So I was hoping someone here was more knowledgeable and knew about a way to fix this or a newer version that JAST themselves probably fixed (Kinda like Tokimeki drive-in)?

Thanks in advance

Edit: The soundtracks and voices work properly if you put it in compatibility mode for XP SP3 but it completely breaks the options in that you can't increase voice volume and decrease the absurdly loud background music's volume

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
ya got a very specific problem it seems and without actually having your pc in front of me i can't really do alot there, 'cause that seems like a problem you made either with the datas of the game or it might be your operating system... who knows.

only solution i can offer you: deinstall the game with a program like (read through the installation CAREFULLY if you attempt to use it, just to make sure you won't fall for adware or so). you might also want to use to make sure your registry is clean after that deinstallation.
now reinstall the game you downloaded from . normally, there should be an installation instruction in form of a txt file or something. read it through and follow the steps. you can also read a lot of tips in the comment section there in case something isn't working properly. the game should come with 2 cds. the first one is for installation, the second cd is for the music ingame. if you use win 10 you need a no cd crack from .

notananimefan

Jan 24, 2019
ya got a very specific problem it seems and without actually having your pc in front of me i can't really do alot there, 'cause that seems like a problem you made either with the datas of the game or it might be your operating system... who knows.

only solution i can offer you: deinstall the game with a program like (read through the installation CAREFULLY if you attempt to use it, just to make sure you won't fall for adware or so). you might also want to use to make sure your registry is clean after that deinstallation.
now reinstall the game you downloaded from . normally, there should be an installation instruction in form of a txt file or something. read it through and follow the steps. you can also read a lot of tips in the comment section there in case something isn't working properly. the game should come with 2 cds. the first one is for installation, the second cd is for the music ingame. if you use win 10 you need a no cd crack from .
Thanks, though I already figured it out. Turns out the game is very broken on windows 10 soundwise but if you launch it for the first time in compatibility mode, it'll run fine from then on, as long as it is xp service pack 3.

MagnusOZi

Nov 10, 2019
i know this was back in 2019 but have you tried the remaster of it that has recently come out last year

notananimefan

Jan 24, 2019
i know this was back in 2019 but have you tried the remaster of it that has recently come out last year
Nope, once I figured the issue out back in 2019 I ended up reading the VN and have no interest in rereading it. It was okay, but I can definitely see why it took 20 years for any company to care about rereleasing it in a playable form