Having troubles with creating eyes

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
I have created a few characters in G8 but I can't give them proper eyes yet, I didn't find any native option with G8, I got 200 Plus Head and Faces Morphs for G8 asset and it has way more options than I can understand and even with that I can't find the way to make anything realistic or at least acceptable. To make things worst, it seems like a change something and now a character has always pure brown eyes, no pupil or iris, just brown sclera. Does someone knows about especifics assets for eyes? or if someone with experience using the 200 Plus Head and Faces Morphs for G8 could give me any tips and tell me which options are the most important to create some decent eyes I would really appreciate. Thanks for reading.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
I am playing with the eye's surfaces, there are a LOT of thing to touch there and the preview doesn't change while playing with them

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Sorry, I should have clarified that I'm new to DAZ, I have no idea what iray or 3delight are

zger

Sep 6, 2017
hmm okay so i think u should just watch some tutorials and stuff on youtube first.
its not that hard to learn but u need some basics before. and u always can use any genesis8 character with good eyes to check all the options for eyes and how they work.
just made simple tutorial for u. but u gonna need much more depends on iray or 3delight.
also u could add opacity maps for cornea but its advanced stuff. ill hope this gonna help.

sorry for some reason cant upload image file. server error. gonna try again later

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Thanks, Is there any particular tutorial I should watch? or just watching general stuff on Youtube will be ok?

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
As @zger implied, you really need to learn the application first. Eye color (and skin, and makeup and.. ) is added in through the materials tab in smart content.
Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 4.21.08 PM.png

How you apply this is honestly one of the first things taught. A basic walkthrough of the system and how to use it is available right in the app through the interactive lessons in the program. That will show you how to add it. Not necessarily in depth, but it will get you familiar with the controls.

For videos to help you out, the account is a start. There are also to download here. ;-)

In the future, try learning and searching for the information yourself first. Then ask us more if/when you get stuck. No shame in that. I'm learning myself.

Reactions: Adabelitoo

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Thanks both for answering, I already did all the interactive lessons of DAZ and already watch some videos of the DAZ 3D Youtube channel but I still have no idea what iray or 3delight are and in Smart Content I don't have any Eyes colors (at least for G8) but I do have Eyeslashes and I thought that the eyes needed a special asset, also I was bored of playing with the surfaces options without getting anything clear after every render I did to prove it. I will keep searching.

Reactions: MrBree

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
Iray (as in Nvidia Iray) and 3delight are basically different types of rendering technologies (I think!). Content with with those names are simply designed to be rendered with them. Since Nvidia GPU rendering is strongly preferred by most Daz3d users, you will see the term Iray listed quite a bit. Look up info on Daz3d rendering to get more background on that.

Eyes DO need a 'special asset'. The base Genesis 8 figure doesn't seem to come with eye colors, but most figure sets that you buy/download do have them. You will see them listed as part of the assets included. Note: you can usually mix and match 'materials' from different figures of the same type. So eye colors for one character can be used as needed.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
The 3 character I created are based on the Genesis 8 Basice Male & Female, I realized that I can use the eyes colors for another Genesis and the figures I get after creating them but I still didn't have an Eyes color option in G8 and I thought I should learn how to create it instead of just using the things of the others figures/genesis.

In one particular character I still have his eyes of almost one pure color and any other change I do or eyes colors from another figures/genesis I apply doesn't work, any idea?

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
I admit I haven't a clue what is going on, but I can try to give you an educated guess.
It looks like you have something set up wrong with the eyes. By default there IS something there, and it now looks like you are missing the info.

One thing you can try is to uncheck 'filter by context'. That will show you more options. They technically won't match, but usually are just fine.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
I work with the Filter By Context off most of the time, I can change that color but I can't tell DAZ to make that color "none" color

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
I'm at the limits at how I can advise you right now since I'm not sure what went wrong for you. But I do advise you to check out some tutorials and see how they walk through setting up a figure. Probably a good chance that they will show you something you missed and how to make it work.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
Firstly, let me say that I know absolutely nothing of 3D modelling or Daz3D.
I can see you're talking about creating a new character... so maybe this doesn't actually help you.

But, I did come across a tutorial posted here to F95zone a while ago which included a section where the guy admitted he really struggled to find good eyes for models.

His solution was to borrow the eyes from this model:

The full set of videos is here:

I also remember seeing this one too recently. I figure it can't hurt to mention it.

Plus, I doubt it's what you are looking for... but here's some weird eyes too:

Based on the tutorial and the Agata model... it seems like one solution is to find a model who's eyes you like... and just borrow them.
I guess it will come down to whether you are aiming to create a brand new character from scratch, or if your new character can borrow elements from others.