RPGM - Harem RPG Remastered [3m7] [Fylokon Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Allsr

This is a remake of a very old game, so it's hard to separate the impression of it from the impression of the original, but I'll try.

The combat system is very pleasant; any battle can be completed in 3-4 moves by a properly assembled party. But the risk of losing is quite high if you do something wrong. This is especially true for bosses.

Levelling up is quite simple; the character’s level will correspond to the monsters' level of complexity when completing quests. It is possible to endlessly farm mobs in challenges, but there is not much point in this unless you are a collector and do not want to get all the rewards.

The image quality is good.

The plot has expanded compared to the original, which is also a plus. Moreover, characters who were previously just silent dummies were revealed. However, the reveal does nothing to reveal their future secrets.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The game was diversified with different mini-quests (like detective stories), which is a plus.

I thought for a long time whether to give it 4 or 5 stars but finally decided that I could give it 5.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Nedara

Harem is a very old game, made back when most of the H-game scene was about J-RPG and westerners were few and far between. At that time, it was an intriguing game, but had numerous flaws (one being the visuals, another being the weird light/dark dichotomy, with both sides being into mind control, slavery and using the slaves for material advantages). But it was an interesting project and did decently well for a while (especially at the time).

The issue is the fact we are not in 2012 anymore, and what was okay then is not okay anymore. The remaster is pretty good at what it does: the visuals are much better, the game is mouse-playable, etc etc.

But the game itself does not hold its own in 2024. Between 2012 and 2024, the writing quality of the whole scene improved A LOT (even if we don't compare to oldie with roughly the same age such as The Last Sovereign, which has 100x the writing quality of this one, but rougher QoL), and having a MC discussing about his "holy seed" with a straight face, and how he is on a divine mission to enslave women so they can just bear children to repopulate a whole country is just completely cringe and breaks the willing suspension of disbelief. It's not even "played for laugh" as would Rance, for instance. The gameplay is also 2012 RPGM style, aka skin deep and pretty quickly utterly boring.

Basically, the 2 stars are not about the remaster itself, which is, again, a pretty good job all around (and would be 5* if it was about that). So if you liked the game back then, go ahead, seriously. But is the game worth playing in 2024, even if the missing content is added back? I really don't think so, unless you play H-games 20h a day and you are running out of games to play.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Jove76

Of the several attempts to "remaster" this classic, this is the only one that feels genuinely like an upgrade across the board. There are really only 3 RPGM on site I would say could even be argued to be of similar caliber. If you like RPGM then this is, at the very least, well worth a play. If you know you do not like RPGM games, then you should not even be looking at this page.

I will say; I do not know why there is still an unavoidable "sharing" scene, early in the game, knowing how violently many people react to such things (and many more don't particularly care for it). It is weird, especially because it is the only unavoidable instance I can recall in the entire game, and it happens right up front where it will influence the perceptions of a significant portion of people rather acutely. Would it really be so difficult simply to add the option there for a different route? I personally am not overly bothered, but it seems like a bad business decision.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1465339

It's ok at best when it comes to the Harem theme has a ridiculous story, but hey that's part of the fun. The renders are passable, unfortunately though RPGM shows it's weaknesses again with a lack of quest tracking. Didn't get far enough to do combat because the "sharing" is forced on the MC despite the fact that he already has two girls who are able to fight off the dude and the MC himself is supposed to be some kind of warrior. Instead nope let's distract the other dude by whoring her out. Also the binary nature of Dark & Light paths leaves a lot to be desired and essentially goes back to the biggest problem with this game a lack of choice. This wouldn't be a problem with a Kinetic novel, but in this case I'd say hard pass on this one.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

RCalderonero

Very happy to see Ker is back. This is the Best harem RPGM ever. The story is awesome, and the whole new world he has created provides an immersive experience that few games provide. The old gamers that have played the original game, like me, can now remember all the former adventures, but besides that, the new missions and girls give us some new experiences. For me, one of the weakest points can be the combat system. It's very RPGM-standard system, but sometimes it can be really repetitive. Also, I miss have some more information about the foes, like the HP remaining.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

JeffJJefferson

Story is promising but the combat is so painfully unfun. All challenge comes from nothing but absurdly large health pools and every fight, even against non bosses, are a 10+ round slog. There is promise in the bosses actually needing strategy to beat, unlike a lot of rpgmaker games, but that gets robbed when, even once you figure out that strategy you still have to sit there through 50 rounds of repeating the same actions until you win or rng screws you over and you have to start the whole thing again
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2755092

I can not give rate than average for this game.

The renders are passable, they're neither good nor bad.
    The game is lacking a way to track quests as well. For now, due to how little content there is, it's not a major problem, but if the game gets bigger, glowing green orbs may no longer be enough, especially if the map' sizes increases later on.

The forced sharing (eventhough you do not actually see it) of your slaves will more than likely become an issue for people. While it's not NTR, since from what the lore seems to be, would be impossible, sharing is still a grey contested territory.

The music is just the usual ones from RPGM games, nothing special, nothing bad, nothing good, just average.

About 1.5h of content give or take, I would not yet recommend the game to anyone.