Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
hello, when you talk about the latest version you talk about the version v0.6 Beta 3 ?? if so, then it actually crashes the game

if it's not the version can you put a link to version 6.0 that works with your mod ?
It literally says in the post you quoted that the mod doesn't work with the betas
The mod works with version 0.6 the latest version is Harem Hotel v0.6 Pre-Release which has not been posted here, it's is only available for download on Patreon for $20 patrons, you will have to wait for the full public release.
Or use the 0.5.3 version of the mod with Harem Hotel v0.5.3.

ec80

Aug 7, 2018
having no success getting this to work i drag this to the folder instructed let it merge have selected both replace file and keep both files options. one method as soon as i move to the first floor it give me an image missing error the other method the game errors at start. what am i doing wrong? have both the latest version of the game and this update.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
having no success getting this to work i drag this to the folder instructed let it merge have selected both replace file and keep both files options. one method as soon as i move to the first floor it give me an image missing error the other method the game errors at start. what am i doing wrong? have both the latest version of the game and this update.
Which mod version? Which game version?

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Does this work with the 0.6 pre-release version currently listed on the patreon?
Yes the v0.6 mod works with the game v0.6 (v0.6 pre-release)
The v0.5.3 mod only works with the v0.5.3 release of the game.

Sep 18, 2018
Use the mediafire DL mirror if you want the 0.5.3 mod. I'm going to update the mod to 0.6 on the 19th when the 0.6 final public version is released.
Seems like it might drag on for 2w more because of patreon issue.
So today was prerelease 2 isntead. You still gonna wait for full v0.6?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Seems like it might drag on for 2w more because of patreon issue.
So today was prerelease 2 isntead. You still gonna wait for full v0.6?
Well the plan was to update it today, but since Runey is delaying the public release due to his patreon issue I can't update the mod yet.
idk when he is planning to do the official release so uh, I guess I'll just have to wait >_>

Reactions: Hones and DOM76210

bunchofpixels

Jun 14, 2018
I downloaded the v0.5.3 mod, but it's telling me it's the free version. I am supporting you on patreon but I can't find a DL link for the full version of 0.5.3. I would prefer to do the 0.6, but it tosses errors and I wanted to try this mod out on the game.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I downloaded the v0.5.3 mod, but it's telling me it's the free version. I am supporting you on patreon but I can't find a DL link for the full version of 0.5.3. I would prefer to do the 0.6, but it tosses errors and I wanted to try this mod out on the game.
Here's the full version of 0.5.3, the 0.6 version won't work until Runey updates the game, and I'm not sure when he's going to do that. Sorry!

Reactions: Emmi3

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Become Patreon only 5$, gotta respect author, they work really hard on the full version, it takes lots of coding works to make one of these. if you can't do it, you don't deserve to use full version.
Hey man, personnaly I don't worry about not having the full version, I sleep well without it and as you say, if I'm too poor to pay patreons I would be happy to have enough food not to die, it's sufficient :D

And I'm sorry also to come from a country where free think and free speaking is authorized, clearly I apologise for that, I'm not in Canada where it seems diffusing protected content and making more money on this is legal, sometimes I regret, or not.

Steve70

Sep 13, 2017
...but I know that the different versions of v0.6 and betas and pre-releases and delays and justeverythingasfaslkjfdsjfkls was confusing and a huge headache...
That's an understatement. Somewhat off-topic, most types of games are not improved by making them so convoluted that they require a walkthrough. "Adventure" games, and VN's in particular, used to be fairly straightforward and easy to understand. The whole point was to allow the gamer to knowingly choose his or her own path. These days, it seems like the various paths require a machete and compass just to find them.

TL; DR: Your mods not only add content to the games, they also bring functionality that should have been included from the start.

Reactions: Maid Lain

salvo00786

May 29, 2017
Hi... The game tell me that the mod is installed in the main menù, but when i insert the code lain on the pc in the mc room, the game tell that the lain mod is not installed.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Hi... The game tell me that the mod is installed in the main menù, but when i insert the code lain on the pc in the mc room, the game tell that the lain mod is not installed.
Did you unpack the game files or use UnRen?

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
I had put off trying this game until a stable version of it and this mod came out, time to see what all the fuss is all about in what I hope is the best way to enjoy it.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes