Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

KayalDraknys

Nov 19, 2020

Updated: 2023-06-26
Game/Creator: Harem Hotel /
Modder: Maid Lain - /
Game Version: 0.17.2

Features:
Harem Hotel Expanded is a mod that adds: an in-game walkthrough for all characters, an optional cheat menu, 11 new scenes and 2 new locations, and restores removed content to the game.

View attachment 2670832

View attachment 2670847 View attachment 2670848 View attachment 2670849

This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for every character and event in the game. The walkthrough menu contains dynamic guides that let you track your progress for each character and see the requirements needed to trigger their scenes and advance their story.

View attachment 2670833

View attachment 2670840 View attachment 2670841 View attachment 2670842 View attachment 2670843 View attachment 2670844 View attachment 2670845 View attachment 2670846

The mod also adds new content to the game and restores removed content to the game. Some things I've done are:
  • Adding 11 new fan-made scenes
  • Adding 2 new explorable locations
  • Restoring Kali's cafe exhibition scenes to the game
  • Restoring Jin's locked scenes to the game
  • Restoring Kate's history riddles to the game

View attachment 2670835

View attachment 2670837 View attachment 2670838

A cheat menu has also been added which has cheats that allow you to set your money to $99999, maximize your stats with all girls, unlock all outfits & toys, and more. I've also added an in-game Encyclopedia that gets updated as you play, and can be used to keep track of certain characters or keep informed on parts of the story. Lastly, I've also made the UI cleaner and more readable by using an improved textbox and font.

Installation (Read!):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD:
-
So...I downloaded the mod. Now the game auto-crashes, saying certain script.rpyc lines are doubled?

Apr 6, 2018
I'm having the same problems with the twice defined labels... running linux, having unzipped/copied the files in various ways to make sure I'm not doing something too stupid (usually just check contents with unzip -l and then extract right into the correct location - not the first time I'm doing this)...

I'm also interested why renpy has problems with this at all.

Code:
$ sha1sum game/script.rpy WTmod/game/script.rpy
e873cddba41aef63cabd7d71b8a348246e68718b  game/script.rpy
e873cddba41aef63cabd7d71b8a348246e68718b  WTmod/game/script.rpy
Just to show I'm able to copy the files and skip the part where we discuss this. I've checked line endings, encoding... I'm quite clueless, but I doubt it's just "too stupid to install the mod". Please?

edit, the errors (as above):

Code:
$ ./Harem_Hotel.sh

The label out1 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_out_cont1.rpy", line 13:
    menu out1(screen="room_menu"):
and File "game/script.rpy", line 13383:
    menu out1(screen="room_menu"):

The label berns is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_out_cont1.rpy", line 39:
                menu berns:
and File "game/script.rpy", line 13409:
                menu berns:

The label out2 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_out_cont2.rpy", line 15:
    menu out2(screen="room_menu2"):
and File "game/script.rpy", line 14719:
    menu out2(screen="room_menu2"):

The label _call_elfatspa_4 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_elftown.rpy", line 36:
    call elfatspa from _call_elfatspa_4
and File "game/script.rpy", line 19752:
    call elfatspa from _call_elfatspa_4

The label _call_check_time_26 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/script_label_elftown.rpy", line 52:
    call check_time from _call_check_time_26
and File "game/script.rpy", line 19768:
    call check_time from _call_check_time_26

The label _call_clearscreen_360 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/bar_label_bar.rpy", line 43:
        call clearscreen from _call_clearscreen_360
and File "game/scripts/bar.rpy", line 127:
        call clearscreen from _call_clearscreen_360

The label _call_check_time_22 is defined twice, at File "game/mod/scripts/overrides/bar_label_bar.rpy", line 67:
    call check_time from _call_check_time_22
and File "game/scripts/bar.rpy", line 151:
    call check_time from _call_check_time_22
edit 2: the "duplicated" labels already exist in the mod code itself (w/o merging it with the game)... this only confuses me further.

edit 3: fixed it by renaming all those "labels" - either menu items or call-from labels. Dunno why I had to do that.

Last edited:

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
You're assuming an awful lot...

1. I've never pirated Runey's game.
2. I talked to Runey about it at the very beginning and he thought it was a cool idea and gave me permission to make it and put it on patreon.
3. This mod wouldn't exist if I couldn't put it on patreon. I've already put a ton of hours into making it which I wouldn't have be able to justify otherwise.
4. I have over 2 dozen other walkthroughs and mods that I've put a lot of time into that are all free, now one out of those 2 dozen isn't and suddenly I'm a selfish person, right?
Wait a minute you have or had an older version of this on your subscribe star. Now, tell me, what is and is not going to be usable in this mod without being said runey patron or is on your subscribe.star page, if it's there?

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
Wait a minute you have or had an older version of this on your subscribe star. Now, tell me, what is and is not going to be usable in this mod without being said runey patron or is on your subscribe.star page, if it's there?
I can attest to what Lain is saying. There is nothing illegal or scamming about these mods. Plus I can see how much time and effort is put into these things. And this is coming from me who has dealt with shady individuals in the past. The people who put so much pressure and negativity towards Lain are more at fault when it comes to delays than anyone else. Lain is still human like the rest of us and can't be perfect in everything, so we shouldn't judge Lain over one mod project. If you want an example of shady individuals, take the two devs that worked on Milfy City and School of Lust. They showed their selfish tendencies based on years of actions.

Reactions: Haast
5.00 star(s) 16 Votes