Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
banner.jpg

Updated: 2023-06-26
Game/Creator: Harem Hotel /
Modder: Maid Lain - /
Game Version: 0.17.2

Features:
Harem Hotel Expanded is a mod that adds: an in-game walkthrough for all characters, an optional cheat menu, 11 new scenes and 2 new locations, and restores removed content to the game.

subbanner1_walkthrough.jpg

walkthrough_1.jpg walkthrough_2.jpg walkthrough_3.jpg

This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for every character and event in the game. The walkthrough menu contains dynamic guides that let you track your progress for each character and see the requirements needed to trigger their scenes and advance their story.

subbanner2_scenes.jpg

newscenes_1.jpg newscenes_2.jpg newscenes_3.jpg newscenes_4.jpg newscenes_5.jpg newscenes_6.jpg newscenes_7.jpg

The mod also adds new content to the game and restores removed content to the game. Some things I've done are:
  • Adding 11 new fan-made scenes
  • Adding 2 new explorable locations
  • Restoring Kali's cafe exhibition scenes to the game
  • Restoring Jin's locked scenes to the game
  • Restoring Kate's history riddles to the game

subbanner4_features.jpg

features_1.jpg features_2.jpg

A cheat menu has also been added which has cheats that allow you to set your money to $99999, maximize your stats with all girls, unlock all outfits & toys, and more. I've also added an in-game Encyclopedia that gets updated as you play, and can be used to keep track of certain characters or keep informed on parts of the story. Lastly, I've also made the UI cleaner and more readable by using an improved textbox and font.

Installation (Read!):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD:
-

Last edited:

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
EDIT: FYI - I incorrectly assumed several things and am removing them from this post. Maim is a Patreon of Runey's and did this with his blessing.

Maim - my apologies for my mistakes.

I do stand behind the original concern of locking features of the mod for Patreons.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
You made a mod from a game you pirated, and are now offering (selling) the mod behind your Patreon paywall?
You're assuming an awful lot...

1. I've never pirated Runey's game.
2. I talked to Runey about it at the very beginning and he thought it was a cool idea and gave me permission to make it and put it on patreon.
3. This mod wouldn't exist if I couldn't put it on patreon. I've already put a ton of hours into making it which I wouldn't have be able to justify otherwise.
4. I have over 2 dozen other walkthroughs and mods that I've put a lot of time into that are all free, now one out of those 2 dozen isn't and suddenly I'm a selfish person, right?

puzzled

Jun 17, 2017

2. I talked to Runey about it at the very beginning and he thought it was a cool idea and gave me permission to make it and put it on patreon.
3. This mod wouldn't exist if I couldn't put it on patreon. I've already put almost 50 hours into making it which I wouldn't have be able to justify otherwise.
4. I have over 2 dozen other walkthroughs and mods that I've put a lot of time into that are all free, now one out of those 2 dozen isn't and suddenly I'm a selfish person, right?
5. Stop deleting my fucking comments, please.
Sorry hit wrong button..nice idea tried to udr mod..get errpr mrddsgr rvry timr..please clarify loading instructions

Reactions: Naruto6

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
@puzzled I think youre talking about the installation or loading the mod? You have to extract the mod to the harem hotel/game folder. To know if it works, start the game and it'll ask you if you want to enable incest content. If you load a save, go to your room, get on the computer, and click on code. Enter "lain" as a code and you should see some cheats.. no idea which is NOT behind a paywall.
TBH, I've never needed a walkthrough for this game. It's pretty simple to play this. I do each event at least once (visit her and select all options with dates, sex, etc) and when she can "level up", it's using the "talk" option at her door. When she's not there, I can go through the hotel pretty quickly so theres no reason for me to use this mod tbh.
@Maim Lain - I'm gonna second what @bossapplesauce said. Even if Runey does not plan to do anything with the mod being behind a paywall, I strongly urge you to not lock parts of its functions behind a paywall. Let the whole mod be available and treat the patreon as a "tip jar". As in "It took me 50 hours to rewrite 2k lines of code and make 50 images for the mod. This is time I could have spent doing other things for income but I like doing this stuff. So any help as a "tip" for doing this in my own time would be helpful."

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I'm confused what content in the mod is locked behind a paywall because I've looked and everything is available.
Or was there a different version uploaded here earlier with some content restricted that has now been replaced with the full version. Either way it looks like a lot of effort went in to this mod an I think Lain deserves support for that, muttdoggys tip jar idea sounds like a good one.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017

3. This mod wouldn't exist if I couldn't put it on patreon. I've already put almost 50 hours into making it which I wouldn't have be able to justify otherwise.
5. Stop deleting my fucking comments, please.
Yeah, you're right, I did assume a lot. So 1 through 4, gotcha.

5 - nope. Moderator.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Sorry hit wrong button..nice idea tried to udr mod..get errpr mrddsgr rvry timr..please clarify loading instructions
Sorry I'm not really sure what you mean, Can you send me an image or error message?

I'm confused what content in the mod is locked behind a paywall because I've looked and everything is available.
Or was there a different version uploaded here earlier with some content restricted that has now been replaced with the full version. Either way it looks like a lot of effort went in to this mod an I think Lain deserves support for that, muttdoggys tip jar idea sounds like a good one.
Thanks, and well I had a demo version of the mod but someone uploaded the full version here almost instantly. :p
I'm completely okay with that though since this site is mainly about sharing games and I wouldn't want my mod to be an exception to that.

SkyFlameX

Jun 10, 2017
I'm not sure whether this was intentional or not, but why won't Violet's name be revealed after I already got her content? I wanna know whether or not I got everything. There is also the 'Autumn' tease which for some reason I can't get. Does your mod contain info on them? if so should I restart the game for the mod to work better? 'Cause its been working okay except for these 2 characters.
PS. as far as I know Violet is only a Dreamscape character by a patreon. Or does she appear ingame?
ALSO
Can I use this and the improvements mod at the same time?

Reactions: seyha94

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I'm not sure whether this was intentional or not, but why won't Violet's name be revealed after I already got her content? I wanna know whether or not I got everything. There is also the 'Autumn' tease which for some reason I can't get. Does your mod contain info on them? if so should I restart the game for the mod to work better? 'Cause its been working okay except for these 2 characters.
PS. as far as I know Violet is only a Dreamscape character by a patreon. Or does she appear ingame?
ALSO
Can I use this and the improvements mod at the same time?
The grayed out Autumn and Violet sections are placeholders for the next update. They don't have any events that you can do right now (besides Violet's dreamscape scenes), but they will have events in the v0.5 update.
And if you install the Improvements Mod after the Walkthrough Mod both of them will work.

Reactions: crisbr

SkyFlameX

Jun 10, 2017
The grayed out Autumn and Violet sections are placeholders for the next update. They don't have any events that you can do right now (besides Violet's dreamscape scenes), but they will have events in the v0.5 update.
And if you install the Improvements Mod after the Walkthrough Mod both of them will work.
Sorry found Autumn's image when I extracted the mod spent time trying to find the teaser. Do you know how to get it? Tried searching for it in the main game forum only found the images by the creator. kinda worried im missing even ONE small scene :oops:

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Sorry found Autumn's image when I extracted the mod spent time trying to find the teaser. Do you know how to get it? Tried searching for it in the main game forum only found the images by the creator. kinda worried im missing even ONE small scene :oops:
You have to complete the main events for every girl and the day needs to be greater than 100, then a short teaser will play showing Autumn.

Nov 17, 2017
Does this only work with a fresh game? I extract the game folder over to the main file, but the mod menu doesn't come up, and the "lain" code doesn't work either.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Does this only work with a fresh game? I extract the game folder over to the main file, but the mod menu doesn't come up, and the "lain" code doesn't work either.
It works with existing save games, and sorry I messed up the folder name, download the new version and follow the install instructions and it will work.

Umaru-chan

Aug 12, 2016
Pretty weird game to have a walkthrough for since I got everything without one, but will be cool to see if you update it when the devs update.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Pretty weird game to have a walkthrough for since I got everything without one, but will be cool to see if you update it when the devs update.
I do plan on keeping it updated. I actually just updated it for v0.4.3 and added Autumn's and Violet's first events to the walkthrough.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I do plan on keeping it updated. I actually just updated it for v0.4.3 and added Autumn's and Violet's first events to the walkthrough.
"Violet's first events" I'm sorry did I miss something Violet is the vampire from the Dreamscape scenes right? So how can she have events or is there another Violet in the update?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
"Violet's first events" I'm sorry did I miss something Violet is the vampire from the Dreamscape scenes right? So how can she have events or is there another Violet in the update?
If you put the code "spinningtv" into the computer Violet will join the hotel along with her friend. You can go into her room and do events with her but the events aren't connected to the rest of the story.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes