Audi4Rings

Dec 8, 2023
I really want to like this but getting into season 2 and MC's whining and complaining is putting me off this game.

Buki

May 6, 2017
The game has been restarted from the beginning. The first 2 episodes have been released so far. The menus, variables, added achives and other things have been completely redesigned. Simply put it's a remake. Well, the developer had mental problems (deep depression). But she's doing better now.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
Glad to hear the dev is doing better, but do the characters themselves still have mental problems post-remake?

• Haha
Reactions: Chimba

Remarius

Mar 30, 2022
Anyone have the actual post from the dev on patreon two days ago as I stopped paid backing a month ago so can't read it?

Jandalf

Sep 19, 2017
Anyone have the actual post from the dev on patreon two days ago as I stopped paid backing a month ago so can't read it?

I am announcing the release of my game with a new client, developed with meticulous and polished programming. Key updates include:
  • Walkthrough System for Higher Tiers: The game now features an integrated walkthrough system, available exclusively for higher-tier players.
  • New Features for All Players: The game now includes a stat window displaying all love interests, which unlock as you meet or interact with them for the first time. Players can also unlock achievements. Variables have been reduced for simplicity. Detailed explanations are available in the HELP section of the game.
  • Extensive Rewrite and Improvement: The game has undergone a near-total rewrite, with significant re-rendering and enhancements. Episode 2 consists of 90% new scenes.
  • Future Episodes: Subsequent episodes are already rendered and will be released over the coming weeks, requiring only programming and minor script modifications.
  • Current Download Availability: Currently, the game download includes only Episodes 1 and 2. Therefore, it will be available to all tiers on the same release date. Once Episode 6 is released, the regular tiered release schedule will resume.

Changelog for Hard to Love R-0.1
Initial Release of Remake

• Transition to a new client with enhanced performance and stability.
  • Introduction of an integrated walkthrough system (available for higher-tier players).
  • Addition of a dynamic stat window for all love interests, unlocking as you interact with them.
  • Implementation of an achievements system.
  • Reduction of variables for a more straightforward gameplay experience.
  • Near-total rewrite of the game with significant re-rendering and improvements.
  • Episodes 1 and 2 available in this release.

The second post about his personel situation:

This message is about me, the developer, and not about the game. If you want to know about the game, please refer to the other posts.
I want to sincerely apologize for my silence over these past months. My absence was not due to a lack of work but rather a significant slowdown caused by various personal factors.
One of the main reasons for this slowdown has been a severe relapse into chronic major depression. This was due to both my own chemical makeup and interpersonal and family issues. This depression made me withdraw from everyone and everything. I worked almost daily, but very slowly, as I spent most of the time deeply depressed.
Until recently, things were getting worse and worse, but I decided to seek help. I have now returned to treatment and am feeling more stable.
I apologize to those who have written to me on Discord and Patreon. I am sorry if you felt abandoned. However, I am not yet ready to respond directly. I do not want to risk a relapse, as I am aware that I have disappointed you. I hope to be able to respond soon. Please know that I am trying to be well.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
I'm just glad the dev's okay. Would it have sucked if the game got abandoned? Yes, but the dev's mental and physical health should always come first. With that, if they are perusing this forum and see this message, I just hope they know that we understand and am glad they're doing better.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
so the remade just the intro or well have some progress on the general story.
Odd to remake the intro, the flash back intro was amazing and I don't even mean from an actual story telling perspective.

The after that is when the story takes some really poor choices, with flashbacks with the MC interacting with new characters or perspective changing to that woman in the club.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I am announcing the release of my game with a new client, developed with meticulous and polished programming. Key updates include:
  • Walkthrough System for Higher Tiers: The game now features an integrated walkthrough system, available exclusively for higher-tier players.
  • New Features for All Players: The game now includes a stat window displaying all love interests, which unlock as you meet or interact with them for the first time. Players can also unlock achievements. Variables have been reduced for simplicity. Detailed explanations are available in the HELP section of the game.
Ummm.... this sounds eerily similar to what recently occurred in 'Glowing Stones' where I was silently sniped.

ゆかな - Hey Yukana,

Are you taking me out after all I've done to support this production of yours for free? I sincerely hope that's not a knife I feel in my back right now ma'am. Some of these new VN "features" read as if I'm being Ninja'd.

3.70 star(s) 114 Votes