othello

May 30, 2017
I kind of get where you're coming from. While rutting around in the content to see the good girl scenes, I found that I had to take it off script and go bad girl occasionally to build up enough bad points to unlock the options.

There's a downside here that merits consideration. The exact balance needed to unlock them can only be found by trial and error. The rich variety of paths you can take through the criss-crossing story branches actually works against it here, as you are very unlikely to luck out and strike the exact amount needed. For example for some of them I figured out I needed 10 to 12 bad points, while a good girl run would typically have me in the 3-6 range. This limits options in story development which you could consider fitting for the personality your balance represents, but unless you're aware of these options ahead of time you're liable to miss them altogether.

Then again doing multiple playthroughs to explore those combinations and find those scenes actually led me to some pretty distinct and rewarding paths. Eva's really done a great job of making very mutable scenes that don't feel like a plain visual novel mad libs. It does come together well when you don't kick off either a pure or corrupt game, but start off pure and corrupt later on in the game. Having Ash start down the path of corruption around the time of Eric leaving, left me with what felt like a completely separate game experience in its own right where there's an equally qualitative atmos of Ash coping with situational changes thrust upon her rather than simply her succumbing to temptation. Where it mixes elements from both paths to create what feels like a brand new third path.
This is just what I experienced, too. For instance I avoided letting Ash fall for Jack what means Eva is falling for him getting all the way down to drugs and joining the mobsters. The advantage here is that you can play an episode and you don't know how the effect will be on Ashley. What about Tyrone, she didn't fuck him so far, will she start a relationship with Dave while Dave dumps Eva, what will Eric do while he's away? I played the game several times and I'm not sure if I saw all scenes possible.

Reactions: gsbm

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Indie devs trick is DLC for early access games.

Ark released DLC while it was in early access .... then raised it's prices.

Pretty sure they are competing with the AAA industry to see how many people they can get to hate them.

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016

The DLC for v0.6 will come out tomorrow for +30$ patrons. It will feature a couple scenes: one in which Ashley reflects in the latests events and it will show some thoughts and interactions that depict how she's changing (Dad, Eric) and also you will have the opportunity to meet Doug again.

Chel

Jun 1, 2017
All the hate for the DLC? Why? Its like him/her making a different 30 dollar version. Bet you wouldnt complain then.

Chel

Jun 1, 2017
There is nothing wrong on giving previews to people that support the dev. The complain was about what a DLC means these days.
-Snip-
But thats the thing. The wording is the only thing that connects the DLC you talk about and the "DLC" in this game. People see the tag "DLC" and instantly think its the DLC represented in sfw games.

Pokalo

Jun 12, 2017
Hello. Do you think the kind guy who ported this game on Android will do it for the last version when it will be out (0.6 is already out but I mean 0.6 complete version) ? I hope he can read me.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
It's quite fun to play this game with self imposed challenges. For example, can you play through to the end of 0.6 without Ash or Eva ever having a sexual encounter (other than kissing)?

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
Any word on a projected release on 0.7, or if we could get the pre-release images here?

4.70 star(s) 374 Votes