Mod Ren'Py Completed Good Girl Gone Bad: JDMOD [1.2b] [JohnDupont]

2.90 star(s) 10 Votes

wasya2009

Dec 13, 2018
JohnDupont
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/JDMOD/scripts/Scenes/V0.19 - v19ericback (Ashley, Eric, Arthur).rpy", line 1319, in <module>
if sugarcondom:
NameError: name 'sugarcondom' is not defined

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
JohnDupont

While running game code:
File "game/JDMOD/scripts/Scenes/V0.19 - v19ericback (Ashley, Eric, Arthur).rpy", line 1319, in <module>
if sugarcondom:
NameError: name 'sugarcondom' is not defined
Thank you for the report.

I uploaded a fixed 0.22 PREVIEW version to MEGA and ZIPPYSHARE. I also implemented the latest UI changes and bugfixes while I was at it.

JD in your gallery mod dad scenes are only upto v0.19 like there's no scene of bonding with dad and dads funeral stuff hope I made you understand plus I forgot to mention nice work mate cheers
I believe the last scene with her dad was in 0.22 ALPHA.

goodgirl

Oct 31, 2018
Thank you for the report.

I uploaded a fixed 0.22 PREVIEW version to MEGA and ZIPPYSHARE. I also implemented the latest UI changes and bugfixes while I was at it.

I believe the last scene with her dad was in 0.22 ALPHA.
yup yup yup nailed it 0.22 alpha it is plss can you post the 0.22 PREVIEW version ZIPPYSHARE link following this Msg or I have to search around plssss

wasya2009

Dec 13, 2018
JohnDupont
Errors begin to be caught when using parameters that do not prescribe the parameters of variables, mainly on Arthur, and in another place was.
In General, sometimes the if-else condition is lost at the beginning of the scenes. With the wrong choice, I should not give the idea of the next choice or start the scene, but right-should not be the wrong choice to appear, in extreme cases-to issue a warning or throw back to the gallery menu.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
JohnDupont
Errors begin to be caught when using parameters that do not prescribe the parameters of variables, mainly on Arthur, and in another place was.
In General, sometimes the if-else condition is lost at the beginning of the scenes. With the wrong choice, I should not give the idea of the next choice or start the scene, but right-should not be the wrong choice to appear, in extreme cases-to issue a warning or throw back to the gallery menu.
I do not understand.

I found a bug in a scene with Arthur (0.12 - Visiting her sugar daddy #2) involving this pre-scene question "Why did Ashley and Eric break up?" and fixed it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'll check all the scenes with Arthur and fix the bugs I find. If you encounter one, please send me a screenshot or the traceback.

swells3674

Jul 14, 2018
Having a hard time installing this mod and not sure what I'm doing wrong (I'm on mac btw) I expanded the GGGB data and dropped the jdmod folder into the autorun folder as you said. Then I booted up the game and it just ran like normal...

swells3674

Jul 14, 2018
OK nevermind! Figured it out! Lol I had left it in the autorun folder and not the game folder inside that. Still have a question though; some of the scenes it's saying I've unlocked I definitely have NOT unlocked yet. Any idea why that is?

swells3674

Jul 14, 2018
Actually I'm still having severe technical issues in addition to the weird bit about it saying things I haven't unlocked have been. When I try to load a scene, I get a screen telling me a fatal exception occured - the kind that often show up in the alphas of the game - and then the app shuts down.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Please, edit your first instead of posting 3 times to make things clearer ;)
Having a hard time installing this mod and not sure what I'm doing wrong (I'm on mac btw) I expanded the GGGB data and dropped the jdmod folder into the autorun folder as you said. Then I booted up the game and it just ran like normal...
OK nevermind! Figured it out! Lol I had left it in the autorun folder and not the game folder inside that. Still have a question though; some of the scenes it's saying I've unlocked I definitely have NOT unlocked yet. Any idea why that is?
  1. I would need more precise informations: which scenes exactly?
  2. You only need to unlock one of the scene variations to unlock the scene and it's restricted by the original code: for example, "0.22c - Instagram picture #7." and "0.22c - Spending some time with her father." are unlocked automatically as long as you reached a specific point in the story, no matter what you chose.
Actually I'm still having severe technical issues in addition to the weird bit about it saying things I haven't unlocked have been. When I try to load a scene, I get a screen telling me a fatal exception occured - the kind that often show up in the alphas of the game - and then the app shuts down.
I would need more precise informations: can you provide a screenshot or the traceback please?

goodgirl

Oct 31, 2018
T

If you want to learn about the reasons I created the Patreon page, I detailled everything in .

Updated: 2018-December-28
Game | Creator: |
Modder:
Mod Version: 0.23 ALPHA
Game Version: 0.23 ALPHA

Gallery:

• Scene description at the bottom ;
  • Scene selection by character ;
  • Customization for Ashley (Piercings, tattoos and boobjob) and button to the customization menu on the right. The style button is an artifact from an earlier version of the mod and only changes Ashley's clothing in the Gallery.
View attachment 197262
Unlock Feature ( ):

• You can watch a scene even if you didn't unlock it.
View attachment 197260

Customization Menu:

• Taboos allow you to keep characters from being mentionned in scenes where they don't appear or are optionnal ;
  • Preferences sets your preferred settings to skip a bit of pre-scene customization:
    • Home is the person Ashley is leaving with ;
    • Drug is Ashley's attitude towards drugs ;
    • Anal and Deepthroat control her sexual experience ;
    • Dildos are the one(s) she bought and/or will use.
View attachment 163120

Pre-scene Customization:
These choices will have an impact on the scene you're about to watch.
View attachment 208793

Installation:

Change-Log:

Special thanks:

Latest version:

Latest Public version:
0.22 PREVIEW:
-
Thank you JD enjoy the holidays

Reactions: JohnDupont

C17H19NO3

Oct 8, 2018
Mod is almost unusable on Linux due to the discrepancies between capital and lowercase filenames.

For example, trying to load random scene from gallery:

Code:

While running game code:

File "game/JDMOD/scripts/Scenes/V0.20 - v20photoJD (Solo).rpy", line 12, in script call

File "game/JDMOD/scripts/Customization/Customization.rpy", line 486, in script

File "game/JDMOD/scripts/Customization/Customization.rpy", line 486, in <module>

File "game/JDMOD/scripts/Customization/Customization_Character.rpy", line 4, in spreadsheet

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/media/data/Games/GoodGirlGoneBad-0.23ALPHA-pc/game/JDMOD/Database/Characters/ashley.tsv'

Linux-4.18.0-0.bpo.3-amd64-x86_64-with-debian-9.6

Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187

Good Girl Gone Bad 0.23ALPHA
This is because the path given in script reads "JDMOD/Database/Characters/ashley.tsv", while actual path being "JDMOD/database/Characters/Ashley.tsv". Linux is case-sensitive, and for a reason!

Furthermore, there are errors due to the unexpected line terminators in paths. Ignoring the previous and proceeding gives:

Code:

While loading <'Image' u'JDMOD/images/character/hovered_ashb\r.png'>:

File "game/JDMOD/scripts/Scenes/V0.20 - v20photoJD (Solo).rpy", line 12, in script call

File "game/JDMOD/scripts/Customization/Customization.rpy", line 487, in script call

File "game/JDMOD/scripts/Customization/Customization_Character.rpy", line 38, in script

File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 471, in execute_call_screen

store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)

IOError: Couldn't find file 'JDMOD/images/character/hovered_ashb

.png'.

Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187

That's because filename given in script contains excessive \CR code ("caret rewind"). In Шindoшs, standard textline terminator being \CR\LF ("caret"+"newline"), while in Linux it's just \LF, thus reading stray \CR as an additional symbol (instead of ignoring it like Шindoшs does).

I understand that Linux users are considered as minority, however it would be better to keep the code more standard-complaint and portable.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Mod is almost unusable on Linux due to the discrepancies between capital and lowercase filenames.

For example, trying to load random scene from gallery:

Code:

While running game code:

File "game/JDMOD/scripts/Customization/Customization.rpy", line 486, in script

File "game/JDMOD/scripts/Customization/Customization.rpy", line 486, in <module>

File "game/JDMOD/scripts/Customization/Customization_Character.rpy", line 4, in spreadsheet

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/media/data/Games/GoodGirlGoneBad-0.23ALPHA-pc/game/JDMOD/Database/Characters/ashley.tsv'

Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187

This is because the path given in script reads "JDMOD/Database/Characters/ashley.tsv", while actual path being "JDMOD/database/Characters/Ashley.tsv". Linux is case-sensitive, and for a reason!

Furthermore, there are errors due to the unexpected line terminators in paths. Ignoring the previous and proceeding gives:

Code:

While loading <'Image' u'JDMOD/images/character/hovered_ashb\r.png'>:

File "game/JDMOD/scripts/Customization/Customization.rpy", line 487, in script call

File "game/JDMOD/scripts/Customization/Customization_Character.rpy", line 38, in script

File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 471, in execute_call_screen

store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)

IOError: Couldn't find file 'JDMOD/images/character/hovered_ashb

.png'.

Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187

That's because filename given in script contains excessive \CR code ("caret rewind"). In Шindoшs, standard textline terminator being \CR\LF ("caret"+"newline"), while in Linux it's just \LF, thus reading stray \CR as an additional symbol (instead of ignoring it like Шindoшs does).

I understand that Linux users are considered as minority, however it would be better to keep the code more standard-complaint and portable.
I learned something.

If I understood you correctly, the capital and lowercase letters for the path given in the scripts need to be the same as for the actual path, am I correct?

C17H19NO3

Oct 8, 2018
If I understood you correctly, the capital and lowercase letters for the path given in the scripts need to be the same as for the actual path, am I correct?
Yes.

In my experience, lettercase ignorance is probably the worst "feature not a bug" in Windows OS family even since it has been just a graphical interface over MSDOS core.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Yes.

In my experience, lettercase ignorance is probably the worst "feature not a bug" in Windows OS family even since it has been just a graphical interface over MSDOS core.
I'm quite busy with the TT JDMOD and the KoD Walkthough for the next week ; I'll fix this in the next version: 0.23 FINAL and send it to you.

Reactions: Eibon
2.90 star(s) 10 Votes