• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

GoFile issues

Ohaidude01

Sep 10, 2016
Hi!

I like many others have issues with downloading games from GoFile, it always ends up being corrupt (does not matter which program I use to extract the files.).

Is this a country problem or something on the recivers end?

If so, does other people from Sweden have the same issue? If not, help me :3

Ankosh

Aug 15, 2016
I have this Problems to, not always but i got it like 50/50
Like 50% or 40% chance that the file will be corrupt
i have to download files more than once
and i'am not from Sweden

Reactions: Ohaidude01

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Ok.. use the contact button on the top center of the gofile page and briefly explain what your issue is. They're still in beta stage and in the process of constant upgrades. There might be something going on that may have corrupted the file or hash/sha and that's something they should work on.

If you continue to have problems with gofile, just tell me 2 things..
What download hosts do work more reliably for you? Give us more than one option.
And what general area you're from like Southwestern USA or Western Europe, for instance.

Ohaidude01

Sep 10, 2016
Thanks for the quick responses lads. Ill contact GoFile and see if they know what might be causing the problem for me. Ill write here if I can solve the problem with their team, so if someone else that has the issue can get some help with it.
Downloadhost I know always work is Mega.

Something that has worked with GoFile is rags-files, but like for example superpowerd (Ren'py) or Club Naughty(Unity) does not.

But yeah, ill contact them and get back to you.

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
It might sound dumb, but why don't we revert to torrents? During KAT days it was the best and the fastest way to get something... Maybe upload limitations for some users?

Ohaidude01

Sep 10, 2016
Im all for that aswell. I know there were talk about it in the superpowerd thread before it was shutdown, is it something that can be added to this website or do we risk the same thing that KAT got busted for?

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
It might sound dumb, but why don't we revert to torrents? During KAT days it was the best and the fastest way to get something... Maybe upload limitations for some users?
Seedboxes are needed for torrents. Sure a file might have 200 people seeding now but what about in 6 months? The only way to assure that the file is always seeded is through seedboxes and they cost money so that's a problem.

Im all for that aswell. I know there were talk about it in the superpowerd thread before it was shutdown, is it something that can be added to this website or do we risk the same thing that KAT got busted for?
Being taken care of, not sure how long it will be but it will be taken care of and we wont have this problem in the future again once it's fixed :)

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
We'd need to add seedboxes to be able to have stable torrents. It usually doesn't come free or cheap. If we upload the file to a seedbox that means it's always available and it'll stay there and continue to seed.
That's a great alternative to depending on other people being online with the torrent program running AND they're sharing. You'd be surprised how many people throttle or do partial seeding. I suspect the vast majority don't even seed at all.