Others Godot game engine

Cult of Ape

Oct 11, 2017
Hi.

I see a lot of games being done with Renpy and Unity, and I´m currently coding mine with Godot, and wondering if anyone else doing the same?

For the time being, my game engine is in a quite early state (still learning GDscript)- I have functionality for moving a (3d)-character around, simple dialogue system using json-files, and the beginnings of a day/night-cycle and event system. I´m waiting for Godot 3.0 to get in a workable state before I continue though, since it has features I want to use.

Eventually the engine will be able to support simple 3d adventure games, as well as visual novel style games (or a mix), depending on what flags you use in the json files for loading scenes and dialogue.

I will make my code available as open source, but I doubt you´d find much use for it in its current state.

So, back to the original question. Any Godoters here?

anschwww

May 10, 2017
i know only with the Godot Engine.

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
Strive For Power by

P.S. The biggest problem with the engine is it's limited OpenGL graphic engine - for example it is rendering only in 3D mode even if you're game is only using 2D objects, hopefully they'll fix the graphic engine in v3 but from the looks of it their main target is simple 3D games running on very recent and powerful hardware ...

mbmb

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2017
From what i read they are reworking the 3d engine for 3.0 version.
So dowload one of the 3.0 alpha builds and see what has to offer.