RPGM Goblin Trouble [Development Thread]

Hot Mess Prod

Jan 13, 2024
Goblin Trouble Title.png

Been working on a project that I'm currently calling Goblin Trouble! While I work on it, gonna occasionally post updates and progress made.

Gameplay
Goblin Trouble is an rpg with H-elements about our party of rebels going up against a slowly expanding empire and a band of 'heroes'. The games focus will go largely in playing on the side of monsters against these 'Forces of Good'. Going from one part of the world to another, our party will venture into dungeons to gather relics of immense power. To feed into the resistance aspect of the game, there will be opportunities to recruit certain npcs and slowly build a base for the rebellion.

As much as I want to shoot for the moon and add all the features I think are interesting, I want to be realistic going through with this. I would like to add skill trees, a class system, summoning allies, and so on, but I this is the biggest I've ever pushed RPG Maker MZ and I want to promise things I can imagine applying with minimum issue.

Combat
Combat will be a standard turned base system with some features mixed into the boss fights like changing forms, environmental effects, etc. The main trio is intending to be a damager, a tank, a spellcaster, and a fourth member that rotates around on occassion.

Story
Within this setting, an empire has slowly been pushing west into the scattered territories. The resistance force known as the Green Wave has been doing all they can to keep them at bay. until one day their main encampment was sieged and their forces captured. The party manages to avoid capture, but find themself on the run with a map that could lead them to relics capable of turning the tide in their favor.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: TheExordick