Teal

Aug 8, 2016
So on the first Sunday, where you have to take a girl to the abandoned shrine or you lose, none of the girls will follow me to the shrine. They get halfway through the park and then refuse to go further, so I lose. What gives?

Reactions: Darkaura

jamjam

Dec 1, 2017
So on the first Sunday, where you have to take a girl to the abandoned shrine or you lose, none of the girls will follow me to the shrine. They get halfway through the park and then refuse to go further, so I lose. What gives?
In week 1 sunday, you should take Aiko to shrine.
In 0.22.1, Aiko will stay in park in afternoon. You should use running when taking Aiko to shrine.
If Aiko refuses at stream, you should follow once more even if affection decreasing.

金銀鈿荘

Feb 17, 2018
Hi can anyone create a mac version using the nw.js thing? I tried myself using the Linux way but I probably fucked up somewhere and cannot get it to work.

Thank you so much!

LoganJ

Feb 5, 2018
Hi can anyone create a mac version using the nw.js thing? I tried myself using the Linux way but I probably fucked up somewhere and cannot get it to work.

Thank you so much!
Have a little patience. The Developer wrote that there will be a HTML5-Version sooner or later.

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017

Thank you so much!
Sadly I have no access to a Mac computer, so I'm not sure if works, but I can try to deduce what to do. I have a few questions for you, maybe from your answers I can spot the problem.
  • Did you follow the procedure to the letter?
  • Did the installation vanish the "package.mw" file and the "bgs", "characters", "data", "scenes" directories to create a "files" directory and the "saves" and "scenes" links?
  • Is the "files" directory filled with files and a single folder named as the root folder where you installed the game (probably "home" if you installed the game on your computer and something like "mnt" or "media" if you installed on an external disk)?
Right now I just downloaded the Mac version of nwjs and the files are arranged in a completely different way. I have to compare it to something that works both on Linux and Mac to see how to launch the game on the latter. Probably a Ren'Py game can help me with this, but it will take time and I'll need someone willing to do some testing for me.
If possible I'd need two different installations of the game: one that follows my procedure to the letter up to and including point 6 and the instructions in the README file, the other up to and including point 3 and nothing more. There is the possibility that the files can't be found where they should be only on linux and I don't like to become crazy for something that trivial.
As soon as I discover something, I'll write here more instructions. It will probably be necessary to modify "Glassix.sh".

Edit: I managed to find a Ren'Py game that runs on Mac (Lab Rats) and analyzed its .sh executable. It shouldn't be too hard to modify my Glassix.sh to run the game. This are the possibilities:
  • In the first installation (see above) create a copy of the current "Glassix.sh" file and rename it (e.g. Glassix1Mac.sh). Edit it with your preferred program and replace the second line ("./nw files/") with "./nwjs.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs files/" (without quotes).
  • Again in the first installation create a copy of the file you created in the previous point, rename it (e.g. Glassix2Mac.sh), edit it and replace "files/" with "../../../files/" (without quotes)
  • Copy these two files and paste them in the second installation. In both files remove only "files/" from the second line, nothing more.
Never modify the first line ("#!/bin/bash"), in any of the cases.
Check if these four files are executables, then run them one after the other. For every one of them I need to know if the game does even start (it should in every case) and if it has content (probably the first file of one of the two installations will be the one that works, but better be accurate).

Good luck!

Reactions: pyo

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Have a little patience. The Developer wrote that there will be a HTML5-Version sooner or later.
Well, exporting to HTML5 works fine the problem comes from running it locally. Most browsers prevent local execution for security reasons meaning the images and sound won't work.
The only solution to make the HTML5 version work so far would be to have a local web server such as XAMP but that might be overkill.
The Linux version seems to work thanks to @Capacitor script it seems so I'll just have to create a proper file for it later. For Mac version, I also have an export option which gives me some Mac files but the local inages can't seem to be loaded for the same reasons it happened on Linux. I'm no familiar with Mac at all so somebody else might have to look into it. If anybody is interested in trying it out, I could upload the Mac files too.

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
@Daedolon I'm 90% sure one of the solutions proposed in my previous post can work for Mac. I just need someone willing to try to find the correct one.

I also think I can pinpoint where the problem is in the code. There is a difference between the way the game looks for the directory when it saves and when it loads a file. It probably has to do with a mix of absolute and relative paths, or something similar. Do you usually use absolute paths for the directories, such as GamePath+DirName? If I'm right you probably forgot to add the GamePath to the "saves" directory somewhere, I don't remember exactly where was the problem with saves.
No guarantees, but I suspect that if you get rid of all the GamePath parts the game should work just as fine as before on Windows and can be ported on Mac and Linux without my install script.

hardace

Impatiently waiting for the next update
Donor
Oct 8, 2017
The changelog suggests that Emiri and Kristina both have Level 2 updates. No matter what I do, I can't trigger a Level 2 event with either of them. The walkthrough has not been updated and I can't figure it out. Does anyone know how to trigger these new events for Emiri and/or Kristina?

LoganJ

Feb 5, 2018
The changelog suggests that Emiri and Kristina both have Level 2 updates. No matter what I do, I can't trigger a Level 2 event with either of them. The walkthrough has not been updated and I can't figure it out. Does anyone know how to trigger these new events for Emiri and/or Kristina?
If they already had 25 obedience points before you updated, you should do a sex-scene with each and talk to them after that. Then you will get a Hint how to trigger the event for the next level. You can review the Hints at the girl's stat page (click on the "Hints" tab).

Reactions: hardace

hardace

Impatiently waiting for the next update
Donor
Oct 8, 2017
If they already had 25 obedience points before you updated, you should do a sex-scene with each and talk to them after that. Then you will get a Hint how to trigger the event for the next level. You can review the Hints at the girl's stat page (click on the "Hints" tab).
Hey thanks. I completely forgot about the hint system.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Why the hell does this require dx11? I absolutely hate when devs needlessly use buzzword tech for "reasons." Wasted a few hours waiting for this to download just to find that a basic ass game using prerendered assets won't friggin' run in Wine because it wants d3d11.dll.....

LoganJ

Feb 5, 2018
Why the hell does this require dx11? I absolutely hate when devs needlessly use buzzword tech for "reasons." Wasted a few hours waiting for this to download just to find that a basic ass game using prerendered assets won't friggin' run in Wine because it wants d3d11.dll.....
Is this the only file you need? I could upload it and send you the link...

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Is this the only file you need? I could upload it and send you the link...
Thanks for the offer, but I could grab it just as easily through winetricks. The problem though is even then d3d11 is only partly supported through Wine so far and being on Linux that is really my only option here. The current dx11 coverage may already be good enough to get this to work actually, but it would probably mean building a different version of Wine, grabbing a few other packages and manually configuring them, and even then there is a fair chance things just wont end up working anyhow, so I am in no rush to try just for a game I might end up spending less time playing than it takes to get running. >.<

Anyhow, my last post was more me just venting my frustration at the time. This is an engine choice issue, so I don't even expect the game dev(s) to do anything about it. I'll just wait until stock Wine gets caught up with its dx11 support and maybe try again then if this game manages to come to mind again at that point. On the plus side, the way this game is structured, I can see all the assets without having to waste any time unpacking them, so I can at least get a glimpse of what the game has to offer.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
@uradamus: There is an alternative to Wine on Linux. Try , it should work.
Oh, nice; good catch! I hadn't even thought to check to see if anyone else found a workaround. Going to have to give that a go later to see how it works. A Frankenstein native build beats trying to get a dx11 game working in Wine anyday, heh.

EDIT: It might be worthwhile adding a link to that post in the OP if any mods happen to be paying attention to this discussion.

3.50 star(s) 65 Votes