Unity Glassix 2 [v0.12.0] [Gaweb Studio]

Revotur

Sep 25, 2018
Not when the developer says the game will transition from 2D to 3D, on a first try at 3D ever lol. There's still work to improve shaders and lighting but all of this takes days to figure out as a beginner and I prefer offering something playable at the moment. I'll try to improve this aspect when the game offers a little more content. But again, the screenshots are outdated and the camera angles don't help. I'll update them as well asap.
Maybe try with anime characters instead of realistic ones? They look quite good in 3D.

Reactions: Daddums

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Maybe try with anime characters instead of realistic ones? They look quite good in 3D.
Lol. You do realize I'm already several months of work into the game? Changing models now would be like starting from scratch... I'm not supposed to bash posters but sometimes, I really wonder if people think before posting their answers... Come on, your best suggestion is to ask the dev to completely change the models of his game just to suit your own taste? Really?

Also, Daz models are among the best out there. Did you try to play the game? There is a character editor in the game. How about you try playing with it then giving feedback? If you end up with a nice character, I could even use your card as a character template for NPCs which would improve the game! You could help!

nakonnako

May 1, 2018
This.....reminds me a bit too much of lifeplay
look rough

Just a bit of suggestions:

option:
-put sound volume, please.

character creator:
-please change the background, its waaaaay too bright (or at least put few options to change the lighting in the character creator)
-when picking on the face, zoom it to face, so we could see whats change in detail
-beard, beard kinda broken, after I pick one option, it stuck
-during character saving, the character moves ..following wasd I assume, fix that, so they don't move when trying to save.
-put more options for hair, like length, thickness etc.

well, this much for now, since I didn't explore much yet, just looking into the character creator

Last edited:
Reactions: NewUser123456abc

HHSForever

Jul 16, 2017
Lol. You do realize I'm already several months of work into the game? Changing models now would be like starting from scratch... I'm not supposed to bash posters but sometimes, I really wonder if people think before posting their answers... Come on, your best suggestion is to ask the dev to completely change the models of his game just to suit your own taste? Really?

Also, Daz models are among the best out there. Did you try to play the game? There is a character editor in the game. How about you try playing with it then giving feedback? If you end up with a nice character, I could even use your card as a character template for NPCs which would improve the game! You could help!
Is there another way to modify the overall appearance of characters design that will not throw all your work out the window? For example looking at Daz site there are more cartoonish character models as well such as The Girl 7, not saying this specifically is the solution, just curious if there is something that could morph the overall facial features of all characters to be less realistic. This would help with the hearts in eyes, the hair detail and may help find a more complimentary lighting/shading solution since this is not posed/pre-rendered like the first game.

Understandably you want to work on code and get suggestions to improve the game and all you get are comments about the character models not "looking as good" as the first game. Unfortunately when so many are turned away or negatively distracted by the current character appearance it will be difficult to get more useful testers/feedback. Also filling the rooms a little with placeholder objects may help, not expecting the finished product but some cabinets, countertops, art, posters, bookcases, trashcans, different color walls in classrooms (adding cablinets or bookshelves along walls may solve the issue of too much empty space.)

In the first game the interface worked well with all characters in a location all standing and facing the player until triggering an event. With the change to a 3D game the current interface and camera is less than ideal in rooms. A default grounded first person view of the player moving around would be nice to use for interacting with characters and looking around without camera flying around and going through ceiling, walls, floor. The focused camera is good, but "leave your body at the door" in 3D game takes away from feeling of controlling of the specific character. Also one of the most fun features in the original game were the Glasses themselves. The James Bond x-ray vision effect. Is there a way these could be brought back or as the story explains with it being a power from Lily, could it still be a focused view that moves around (this has sometimes been shown in comics where xray vision is just where they are focusing, similar to first game but without wearing glasses), with different layers of penetration based on power level and filtered choices at higher level including filters for strength, range and the current separate male and female selections. Strength of vision - see through furniture, see through outerwear, see through base clothing, see through underwear. Range of vision - see through just a small part of a person's clothing, see through a whole individual's clothing, see the whole room without (this one already exists).

Reactions: SolusSama

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
This.....reminds me a bit too much of lifeplay
look rough

Just a bit of suggestions:

option:
-put sound volume, please.

character creator:
-please change the background, its waaaaay too bright (or at least put few options to change the lighting in the character creator)
-when picking on the face, zoom it to face, so we could see whats change in detail
-beard, beard kinda broken, after I pick one option, it stuck
-during character saving, the character moves ..following wasd I assume, fix that, so they don't move when trying to save.
-put more options for hair, like length, thickness etc.

well, this much for now, since I didn't explore much yet, just looking into the character creator
Noted for the sound option, I forgot about it.
For the character creator background, I was planning to add a proper room once I have a real introduction to the game with Lily and Anael.
The zoom on face would indeed make things easier, I'll add to the todo list
I'll check for the beard, weird.
The character does not move, the camera does with wasd indeed. I assume it's when you type the name of the save and it contains such characters. I'll fix that.
For hair options, it would be complicated. I'll simply go with more hair style instead ;)

Is there another way to modify the overall appearance of characters design that will not throw all your work out the window? For example looking at Daz site there are more cartoonish character models as well such as The Girl 7, not saying this specifically is the solution, just curious if there is something that could morph the overall facial features of all characters to be less realistic. This would help with the hearts in eyes, the hair detail and may help find a more complimentary lighting/shading solution since this is not posed/pre-rendered like the first game.

Understandably you want to work on code and get suggestions to improve the game and all you get are comments about the character models not "looking as good" as the first game. Unfortunately when so many are turned away or negatively distracted by the current character appearance it will be difficult to get more useful testers/feedback. Also filling the rooms a little with placeholder objects may help, not expecting the finished product but some cabinets, countertops, art, posters, bookcases, trashcans, different color walls in classrooms (adding cablinets or bookshelves along walls may solve the issue of too much empty space.)

In the first game the interface worked well with all characters in a location all standing and facing the player until triggering an event. With the change to a 3D game the current interface and camera is less than ideal in rooms. A default grounded first person view of the player moving around would be nice to use for interacting with characters and looking around without camera flying around and going through ceiling, walls, floor. The focused camera is good, but "leave your body at the door" in 3D game takes away from feeling of controlling of the specific character. Also one of the most fun features in the original game were the Glasses themselves. The James Bond x-ray vision effect. Is there a way these could be brought back or as the story explains with it being a power from Lily, could it still be a focused view that moves around (this has sometimes been shown in comics where xray vision is just where they are focusing, similar to first game but without wearing glasses), with different layers of penetration based on power level and filtered choices at higher level including filters for strength, range and the current separate male and female selections. Strength of vision - see through furniture, see through outerwear, see through base clothing, see through underwear. Range of vision - see through just a small part of a person's clothing, see through a whole individual's clothing, see the whole room without (this one already exists).
Well, I actually quite like the current characters in game so I'm afraid I won't change them.

I also understand preview images are important. I've been a bit lazy and will update them when I have time.
Filling room is indeed planned and I should work on that in v0.13.
For the location camera, I'm currently not planning to change it, though I will make it move automatically above the player when entering a location. But I see Glassix 2 closer to how The Sims games play (camera wise) rather than how usual visual novel games play. You won't have direct control over your character with WASD, you just click on stuff and character position adjusts instantly. I can add a first person camera though.
For the X-Ray effect, I also would have loved to have the same effect as in Glassix 1 but I'm not sure it's possible, at least, not with my current skills.

Thanks again for the feedback :)

nakonnako

May 1, 2018
Thanks again for the feedback :)
Ah btw, when trying the freeplay, using my own character, somehow the character become naked, I dunno how to make them not naked, even though I've already pick the outfit during profile creation.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Ah btw, when trying the freeplay, using my own character, somehow the character become naked, I dunno how to make them not naked, even though I've already pick the outfit during profile creation.
Yeah, currently, the outfit is not saved. I'll have to fix that too. So many little things overlooked :x

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Can we get a mac build? Unity should have it as part of their packer, and we're happy to beta test
Definitely! I'm a bit late for 0.12 but I'll release on for 0.13 coming with the event editor! Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
New PUBLIC version 0.12 out! Not much content I'm afraid, adding new location and stuff took most of the time :x For v0.13, I'm working on the in-game event editor which will allow players to create their own events and give life to their own characters! Should be done in a few days hopefully in BETA version and next month in PUBLIC. I'll try to release the Mac and Linux versions as well for v0.13 since Unity does allow that indeed, though they'll need lots of testing, Glassix 2 relying on local mods to load file, I'm expecting loading issues with paths on those 2 platforms. We'll see!

Dudenator

Sep 2, 2017
It really is amazing how fugly DAZ3D looks without a ton of effort but i will at least give you credit for not using the same presets as 90% of DAZ games do.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
quick question, will there ever be male on male content?
I don't think so. At the moment, I'm developing only for male/female content (and a side of female/female in the future). For example, doggy anal would have the dom animation on the male and the sub animation on the female. Since I'm using Humanoid animations, it's possible to add the sub animation to the male too with having to add a new animation to make male on male action possible. It's not a huge task but would be some extra work. I'm not planning to add that but I could release a patron poll to check if it might interest the majority. Though I think most of my patrons would be more interested in proper waifus material and submission lol

Reactions: JasonRise

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
It really is amazing how fugly DAZ3D looks without a ton of effort but i will at least give you credit for not using the same presets as 90% of DAZ games do.
I still need to update the preview. The default Daz model is actually quite nice in my opinion. But the screenshots I took back then do not show the best models indeed, or the angle makes the character look ugly, like in real life when you take a portrait from a low angle for example. I'll have to fix that but I've been swamped with work lately and couldn't find the time.

Gooningmaster

Formerly 'bastienc1'
Jan 13, 2018
I don't think so. At the moment, I'm developing only for male/female content (and a side of female/female in the future). For example, doggy anal would have the dom animation on the male and the sub animation on the female. Since I'm using Humanoid animations, it's possible to add the sub animation to the male too with having to add a new animation to make male on male action possible. It's not a huge task but would be some extra work. I'm not planning to add that but I could release a patron poll to check if it might interest the majority. Though I think most of my patrons would be more interested in proper waifus material and submission lol
:cry:

Abigor

Jun 10, 2017
How come we end up with this kind of models .... jesus christs o_O

The models of the first one worked like a charm , no idea why secuels try to fix something its not broken.

Here hoping the models look half as pleasant as the first game at the end of development

Deeziy

Oct 6, 2020
Naming this to be a sequel of the previous game when the games you helped make or made yourself were all in a 2d animation style would make anyone think that this game is supposed to evoke the same themes as the previous one, however you just kind of moved the locale of the enviorment from generic fictional japanse town to midwestern usa university campus. It just won't feel right and the constant points of contention will happen because it feels like its leveraging the same interest from the last game.
I can kinda get that maybe when coming up with a name for a project but maybe it be better if it just was not called what it is...yknow so people don't compare it to the previous games.

The named characthers from the description are not even part of this game yet, i have no idea how you wanna make the devil girl look right with second-life esque models and if they are never meant to be made anyway its another reason to not use the other games name. I'm getting the feeling choosing the name was done intentionally so i don't know why people bashing the models would feel...strange... at all.
Also the description says "...,which should could then harvest from you." i think you meant "...,which she could harvest from you."

Another worry i had back when i looked at this first was that the inclusion of much editing of events and such would be prohibitive in dev time to be earned back from goodwill in people making events, when the game wants to be a sequel of something that it does not want to inherit the themes from. Sure you can carry over mechanics but the behaviour of the characthers even when rudimentary is gonna be what defines it for people wanting to make events and now they could not even get the look right if they were recreating the first game. The events would have to be pretty good in establishing a new story and the premise of the game makes it sound like long stories won't be a thing with you not even continously inhabiting the same person. Essentially anyone but you the creator would have to come up with a complete pack of event thought up by themselves which is not very common in modding. Obviously this is all just an issue for now since it just takes time to make new events if that is what you want but it might take years of buildup until this kicks in and the tech debt of adding things to an editor even just to make it faster for yourself is not gonna help.

I bet most complaints would vanish if this was not called glassix 2, then it would just need time and while it would be a long project it definetly would interest people, but right now you are just gonna alienate people.

ezpot008

Oct 16, 2016
I liked playing lab rats 1, im enjoying lab rats 2 especially the reformulate one, i played glassix 1 from the first time it was posted falling in love with it till the last version of it, now on glassix 2 im not gonna say anything bad about the models cause i really enjoy similar games like lifeplay that uses somewhat similar models, althought this one is unity and the other one is unreal engine, about the gameplay i dont have a lot to say cause its somewhat similar to glassix 1 adquire new powers boost your relationship with npc and i like it, still in barebones cause its on early development but still it shows promise like gassix 1, but there are 2 things that i hate in this game, the first one is if i need to travel to another room i need to exit to the world map and go from there, and if i want to go to someones house i need to look for their adress and pray that theyre in the room that i randomly selected, for example if in the atlas it says happy star/floor 3/apartmet c i have to pray that the npc i want to visit is in the living room, cause if its not there i have to exit to the world map and repeat the process till i find them making it a really tedious chore, i suppose that when we adquire new powers we could get some gps like powers that solve that , but i would really aprecciate shortcut travels from one room to another atleast in the same building.

The second problem im facing in glassix 2 its something i have to ask if its normal or not, cause its driving me crazy, for starters with my current computer i can play games like lifeplay and many other unity games from here with no problems at all , hell i can even play black desert online in remastered mode that have astounding graphics, even in a world event with hundreds of players my computer runs really good, but in this game im struggling a lot with gpu temperatures even with minumun graphics, literally my gpu sounds like an airplane trying to fly... is that normal ? i mean i will post 2 screenshoots for comparision, notice the temp on both of them, the first one is the black desert one in remastered mode, in a full city full graphics, the second one its from this game in a simple room basically in a room with almost no furniture and 2 npcs and the lowest graphics possible , is that gpu temp really normal in this game?

shoot 1 triple A online game full graphics in a full city with plenty of players furnitures npcs pets, fairys , you can even notice that its raining and the feathers of the griphon pets are wet.

1717534621101.png

shot 2 glassix 2 as i mentioned only 2 npcs in a really minimalistic room in the lowest possible graphic settings.

1717534216423.png

notice that the gpu charge is almost the same in both screenshots but the temperature diference is like the day and night, is that really normal?

Reactions: Daedolon

Shudokai

Dec 18, 2019
Game 1 is developed by a large company with potentially decades of experience, huge funding and technology to optimize and develop a finished product that runs smoothly with astonishing graphics.

Game 2 is developed by a solo indie dev who probably still works a day job to make ends meet.

While I understand the confusion its a very superficial thing to comment on / critizise, optimization is one of the hardest things to do in game development.

Give it some Time and Daedolon will work on optimization eventually, until then you sort of have to wait for the more important aspects of the game to be dealth with.