Gok

Jun 9, 2017
So he's completely destroying Glamour's original story to bring BB characters back because the original vision he had for this game didn't take off? All because of what? More money?

This dev will never change... (n)
Imo, it doesn't change much of glamour story.. he reverts changes to BB story, when you "finished" BB you were left with Max starting stuff with Ann and etc. But according original glamour story, 1 year has passed since then and Max somehow went to military camp that players tried to avoid whole game.. it made little sense to send Max there.. everyone except that spider was fking with Max.. it was smart decision to revert that story part.. btw it was told that Glamour was set in BB universe and that you might meet its characters sooner or later.. so what are you talking about? Although I wish he wouldn't make BB characters relationship non-family.. I don't care about incest, I care that original story should be preserved..

Pervie-Dan

May 1, 2017
I guess a patch isn‘t necessary. Cause there won’t incest scenes available. He mentioned Patreon guidelines.
The text is:
And since you want to see adult content, we'll have to do something so we don't break Patreon guidelines. Which is why we've decided to change the backstory of certain characters and remove their relation. This will let us realize our boldest ideas.

Reactions: KaiserST

Meso

Aug 26, 2017
"Boldest ideas" would seem to imply that there's some sort of plan at work, the fact that they're rewriting a whole bunch of character's backstories mid-game would indicate otherwise.

I have to say, I'm still not feeling confidant here. DS seems to be smart enough to realise he's messed up somewhere but emphasising characters from a more successful game instead of making the main characters in this one more interesting seems like a cheap move to me.

Reactions: Pupok

Vayleton

Mar 4, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And there with the latest informasjon update and this picture, my fears of what DS might just do have now come to pass. No blood ties, rework of story, and he who must not be named is back. Time to back in the trenches.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I always thought it was funny people would comment about DS should be working on a BB sequel instead of this new game without realizing that Alice and Lisa are important characters in this game, Aunt Kira lives in the hotel Kate works at, Alice mentions Anne many times and invites Kate over to her house... In other words, Glamour always was a sequel of sorts, or at least a spinoff. But now he's changing everything so that Kate's story happens at the same time as Max's story??? I just don't understand DS at all. I'm sure there will be some happy people, but the more changes he makes to make people happy, the more he pisses people off and the more convoluted the story gets. Let's see how it plays out... Maybe he'll fix some of the awful storytelling in BB with this reboot?

Reactions: Hlextor

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Now, I was not a fan of Big Brother. Well maybe at the beginning but eventually I got to a point where I just loathed the MC so much that I couldn't continue.

There is however one thing I despise even more: Reboots! To thing that all that I've played in that game, be that good or bad, is now invalid and never happened is like a slap in the face or kick in the balls depending on your preference.

Gok

Jun 9, 2017
There is however one thing I despise even more: Reboots! To thing that all that I've played in that game, be that good or bad, is now invalid and never happened is like a slap in the face or kick in the balls depending on your preference.
To tell you the truth, you never had real choice in the game, no matter what you did it was for the story :) maybe with Lisa you had alternative route to pick. From what I understand DS is making that Glamour is taking place during BB timeline, so events that involve BB characters will have to be chronological order - them moving in, Eric showing up, Lisa/Alice/Kate events, Eric leaving, Ann events. Basically you'll get a perspective to BB family events to look from. As long as he doesn't change main story I'm fine with it.(by change I mean Ann becoming a landlord etc.)

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017

It's time to talk about our plans for 0.11. As you probably know, we recently had a poll about future content which Alice won. Obviously, we're not talking about just Alice here, but about everyone who lives in her house.
And since you want to see adult content, we'll have to do something so we don't break Patreon guidelines. Which is why we've decided to change the backstory of certain characters and remove their relation. This will let us realize our boldest ideas.
This means we're going to have to "reboot" our current content with Alice, Lisa and Vicky. Alice will get a new dialog option describing what's going on and then it will remove all your progress with Alice, Lisa and Vicky. Kate will still have the access to the cafe, flirting perks and other bonuses, though. Then Alice will invite Kate in the cafe as if it happens the first time around, but it will have the new, alternative story. Lisa will also be in the cafe on a regular basis and tell her side of the story. After getting through all that, Kate will get invited to visit Alice's home.
Again, this reboot will only be available for people who already finished current Alice content. New players won't have to go through it and will start the new, alternative version right away.
Now, about the changes to Alice's story. As you probably know, Glamour happens one year after Big Brother. Max lost all his cameras, everyone hated them when they found out and he was sent into the military camp. That's a sad story and we've decided to change all that.
Now Glamour starts at the same time as Big Brother. Alice, Lisa, Ann and Max just moved into their new house. Kira will be living in the hotel for now. Max is just starting to think about a new way to make a living because he was kicked out of his high school and he can't afford college. Ann has a nice job, Lisa works in the cafe, Alice still goes at the same college as Kate.
New story won't be a beat for beat retelling of what happened in BB and it will have some changes, but it will have similarities too. We'll try to amend the mistakes we made in BB. We really hope you'll be happy about our upcoming update.
Lovely to hear. I can't wait to see what BB's characters have been up to in the mean time. It promises some very sexy scenes.

Reactions: KaiserST

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
To tell you the truth, you never had real choice in the game, no matter what you did it was for the story :) maybe with Lisa you had alternative route to pick. From what I understand DS is making that Glamour is taking place during BB timeline, so events that involve BB characters will have to be chronological order - them moving in, Eric showing up, Lisa/Alice/Kate events, Eric leaving, Ann events. Basically you'll get a perspective to BB family events to look from. As long as he doesn't change main story I'm fine with it.(by change I mean Ann becoming a landlord etc.)
Alright, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but even if it stays true to the original story to some extent, the prospect of seeing it retold instead of going forward is not appealing to me. It's looks like a Star Trek reboot. A lazy cash grab.

nim

May 6, 2017
The Star Trek reboot had Zoe Saldana. I was good with it. Other reboots didn't have Alice, Lisa, and Ann to work with. I'm looking forward to Glamour updates.

Separately, did others who have reached the "pill" scenes get stuck at morning?

Invader Zim

Oct 22, 2017
I hate to be a downer, and I definately hate asking something that someone else has already asked, but after having grinded my way through the game (and currently have around $8k in cash) and still stuck on level 4 with the progress quest, I really would like to know how I can get my lewdness up from 14. How can I buy other clothes? I can go to the store, but there's no option to buy anything. Sure, I can buy chocolate bars and energy drinks and the occasional laptop, but that's it. No clothes, no sportswear. I've not had any progress in the past week. Help please.

Reactions: ermanogilda

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I hate to be a downer, and I definately hate asking something that someone else has already asked, but after having grinded my way through the game (and currently have around $8k in cash) and still stuck on level 4 with the progress quest, I really would like to know how I can get my lewdness up from 14. How can I buy other clothes? I can go to the store, but there's no option to buy anything. Sure, I can buy chocolate bars and energy drinks and the occasional laptop, but that's it. No clothes, no sportswear. I've not had any progress in the past week. Help please.
You can't buy other clothes. You're not missing anything there. Are you a patron of DS? Non-paying patrons only have access to v7 content right now. If that isn't the issue, to make progress in the game Julia-Nick storyline you have to have them walk in on you in the shower and bath multiple times and walk in on them and spy on them in the bedroom. Talk to Julia at least once a day to see if there's a dialogue option for Nick--she's talk about him being boring in the bedroom. Then eventually Nick walks into the living room when Kate is sleeping overnight and they have conversations. After all the midnight events are done, I forget if there's a specific trigger, but Kate can walk in on Julia showering and they start having some fun together. It does take a lot of grinding, but if you're doing those things and nothing is happening, you might be stuck in version 7 (it will say version 9 on the game screen, but the content is locked).

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Lovely to hear. I can't wait to see what BB's characters have been up to in the mean time. It promises some very sexy scenes.
But that's the thing... We were finding out (slowly) Alice and Lisa and Anne and Kira were up to after BB--they were all characters in Glamour. Some of that dialogue with Lisa and Alice was genuinely funny and one of the few enjoyable parts of this game. Now, all that is gone and is being retold so that Alice and Kate are in college together during the events of BB, not after. And he said on his Patreon page that he wanted to fix some of his BB mistakes, such as Lisa going from romance to anal lessons so fast and the way Eric was introduced. So instead of getting a new story that takes place after BB, we're getting a rebooted story where the events of BB will play out all over again, just differently. Maybe I'll enjoy it, but right now I'm not a fan of the decision personally :/

Reactions: Akamari

Shungi

Mar 13, 2018
Its earlier in the game I guess but I'm stuck on the Progress quest. I am at level 3/6 and 8/17 and I have seen the movie part, the bedroom one is still repetitive and nothing happens in the bathroom. Also the walk through says nothing on it. What do I do next?

2.60 star(s) 183 Votes