Unity Abandoned Glamour (2016) [v0.8 Fix 5] [Dark Silver]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
I‘m wondering. DS pledger grows continuously rising. For what?
Historical data indicate a very sharp decline. He lost 25% of his followers in the last couple of months, presumably due to the discontinuation of BB and or a retaliation to Patreon policy changes (or both). Though might some be coming back.

As to why that happens? My assumptions are either:
1. People actually enjoy his games and want to support him,
2. Despite some people heavily protest DRM usage, they might be willing to sub to him if there is not a viable free alternative (though a bit unlikely in my books currently).

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
But it makes no sense to pledge for a unreleased game!? For me, I’ll waiting for 0.1. After that i‘ll decide if or if not pledge.

Reactions: Krull

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Well, there are also many pledges that are sort of "forgotten" (for lack of a better word), especially from people who pledge to numerous creators.
You kind of have your pledge running month to month and it just stays there, especially if said pledge is trivial compared to your total sum. That's an occurrence on many creators' accounts, and way more evident to some of those creators.

Other cases might involve just lowering your pledge amount instead of unpledging completely. Someone might've pledged for, say, 10$ when BB was still active but dropped it to 1$ just to get the news. He's still listed in the total pledgers amount, but the payout is surely changed.

Reactions: JasonJemodah

kokotheworm

Aug 19, 2016
Without getting into the pirate/customer debate, patreon is not a plateform that allow you to buy a game , or rather a licence of exploitation. It's not even a supporting platform in the financial sense since the best that you can get from your money are goodies and early access, you do not invest in patreon , you do not get right in exchange for your money on the product or if it is ever sold a share of the benefice.
No patreon is charity or a Tip Jar. What you pledge gives you nothing legally , it's a model that only survive on the "goodwill" of "supporter" and it clearly open to a lot , lot of abuse .

Pointless123

Jun 16, 2017
The release will be today then?
On the 16th he said
While 0.1 isn't as ready as we'd like it to be, it's already mid March. We can always keep working on improving code and graphics, but we're going to keep our word and 0.1 is going to be released in a couple of days. Also, we're not going to push back planned content to 0.2 and instead we'll update 0.1 Soon™.

So I guess it's today or tomorrow...

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017
Finishing touches

Automatic updates took us a bit longer than we anticipated, but it finally works! We're going to include images in 0.1 build so you won't overload our servers by downloading them from us, but in the future we'll have a dedicated server so the client can download the images from it if you want to.
Currently we're focusing on our game's engine, we want to finish it up first so we can move on to adding content without distractions.

While the programmer was working on automating updates, I created a couple locations, I'll start showing them to you after 0.1 is done.

We will definitely release 0.1 tomorrow. It might have bugs and is missing some content, which we will fix in the near future, you won't have to wait for 0.2.

TL;DR 0.1 release tomorrow.

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
So now that the new Glamour is released, is another thread going to be started? And if that's the case, will there be a link to the new thread in this thread?

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017
So now that the new Glamour is released, is another thread going to be started? And if that's the case, will there be a link to the new thread in this thread?
TCMS should create a new thread for the remaster. This thread will stay intact. I assume TCMS will post a link to the new thread once it's created.

BABaracus

Feb 2, 2018
does anyone know how to save a game or in general how to get into any kind of mainmenu? Esc doesn't seem to work and I can't find a button.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote