Mod QSP Abandoned Girl Life: Quality Of Life Mod [1-10][toolkitxx]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
!Attention!
Toolkit, is currently taking a break, untill toolkit returns, i will be running the thread, just thought i should inform you guys. Any questions, send a pm my way or ask here, i will be happy to answer the best i can. Thank you for taking the time to read, enjoy playing ^^
!Attention!
Congratulations on your new role, Mein Führer.

Witches Brew

Jul 17, 2017
First of all let me start by introducing myself, and saying hello. I am an avid player of the Quality of Life Mod, and if anyone out there has any questions on gameplay that you would like answered, please feel free to PM me on discord, or post your questions here. I will answer them to the best of my ability. I look forward to speaking with you all, and good luck and have fun playing this game. Respectfully, WB.

Witches Brew

Jul 17, 2017
Recently this thread was handed over to me. Unfortunately due to unforeseen events, I will not be able to maintain this thread. My sincerest apologies to the fans of this game. Toolkixx is currently away, until he comes back to this thread it will be put on hold. Respectfully, Witchesbrew.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc Wobbly and Eoin

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Alright Girls and Boys!

It has been a tumultuous few weeks behind the scenes and a lot has changed. Both toolkitxx and Shay have decided to take a break. They (at the moment) are no longer working on the game.
Witchesbrew cannot maintain the thread, and has passed the ownership onto myself, though he'll be still be as active as he was before, as will the other members of the team.

I - if there is a demand for it - will take up work on cleaning the code. This work will be taken on very slowly, as I am attending college full time, and I also have bits and pieces of IRL work now and then. I'd be doing it [the mod work] on the few spare moments I have off in my week. I will also have to learn the way toolkit cleaned the code, in order to have a sense of order to the code, for future people.

At some point in the future (I don't know when, probably when the code has been cleaned to the best of my abilities), there will be templates made for those that want to write scenes for the mod. This will allow those with no technical know-how to be able to write full scenes/events without having to mess with the code.

I hope everybody who plays/has played this mod gets/got the same enjoyment as I did.

Best regards,
Eoin.

Last edited:

Witches Brew

Jul 17, 2017
Attention to all gamers, It is with profound sadness that I inform you that due to a serious medical condition. I may not be able to be on this thread as much as I would like to be. I will try to the best of my ability to remain and monitor this thread to answer any and all questions to the best of my ability. Please feel free to contact me on discord as well. Thank you, Witchesbrew.

Last edited:

Quacker

The Quacker
Respected User
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
Attention to all gamers, It is with profound sadness that I inform you that due to a serious medical condition. I may not be able to be on this thread as much as I would like to be. I will try to the best of my ability to remain and monitor this thread to answer any and all questions to the best of my ability. Please feel free to contact me on discord as well. Thank you, Witchesbrew.
I hope your going okay brew.

Witches Brew

Jul 17, 2017
To all gamers, I have returned and am now able to monitor this thread when I can. I look forward to speaking with you and answering any questions you may have. Have fun gaming. Witchesbrew.

Reactions: Assassin2701

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
An update (of sorts):
--
Alright Girls and Boys!

Since October, there has been no real work put into this mod, as everyone has been busy with a little thing called 'real life'. With the Christmas period coming up soon enough (6-7 weeks from now), I might have some time to do a bit on the coding side of things.

If I do get around to doing a bit, I'll try my best to put out an updated version and a change-log of what had been changed, but try your best to not be disappointed if neither happens.

All the best,
Eoin.

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Post (22/2/18):
I feel this mod is officially dead.

We had a discord, and under paranoia, @toolkitxx made one of the channels private, and subsequently removed me from the staff (due to my own actions), meaning I could not read past messages. The effects are only hitting now, as I wanted to go back through the messages for stuff that we working on at the time. Only toolkit could add and remove staff members, and since he has disappeared (probably dead, who knows), no one can add me - selfish, I know.

The channel in question contains all information and ideas pertaining to the direction that the mod was heading in. All the conversations (in writing) that we had, and a few other things as well.

I believe we had a trello board, but I can't find the link to it.

So, concluding:
I enjoyed the time spent working on the mod, but I ultimately lost interest in the project. There were a couple of deciding factors, but the main one was me not balancing my time concerning real-life matters.
Recently I have regained interest in the project, but with no resources, I have no direction.

Best regards, for the final time (probably),
Eoin
---
May not be anymore. Thanks @Quacker.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
I'm sorry to see things did not work out and that so much work is now locked away and inaccessable. I had issues with toolkixx but you were always hardworking and I'm sorry that you got caught in the middle of things.:frown:

The Girl Life main file has introduced the mod handling function from Provincial Girl, if it would save this mod and you wanted to, you could add things using our version as a base (making this an official mod) via that fuction. You are more than welcome to do so.

Failing that if you want to help us make our version better we would value your input greatly and would put aside the past and happily work with you.

Of course I would understand if you didn't want to and in that case I offer you all the best in your future endeavors.:)

KS

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
This is based off a really old version of Girls Life. Will you add the new content in eventually?

Quacker

The Quacker
Respected User
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
This is based off a really old version of Girls Life. Will you add the new content in eventually?
No as this was a break away from what they were doing, what our aim was to basically make it more easier for a individual to help mod the gane

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I actually changed the status from 'abandoned' to 'on hold' as this has become a complete recode by now and not just a mod anymore. I am busy finishing up most of the framework and its documentation currently and will post a pointer to a new thread here soon.

Tinuss

Mar 31, 2018
Hey @toolkitxx, any updates on this project so far? Only just discovered it and I must say it makes the game so much more enjoyable. I am not saying GIVE IT TO ME NOAW, but if the mod were working with the current version somewhere in the near future, that would be awesome :D

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes