crashdingo

Jan 25, 2018
finally this game has been translated

does someone has a compressed version of it?
if so could the be posted here?

Gfoxx2

Jan 2, 2018
One question; what the fuck kinda name is "Bethly"? It sounds like the surname of a British bureaucrat from 1965.

axelman5

Dec 17, 2020
Am I the only one who can't find how to save? I've hit every key on my keyboard, and no save menu has opened. It's the only VN that's ever done this to me.

kirto12

Jul 15, 2017
Am I the only one who can't find how to save? I've hit every key on my keyboard, and no save menu has opened. It's the only VN that's ever done this to me.
move your mouse to the bottom of the screen and the option should appear at the bottom

Reactions: axelman5

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Can we just talk about this game's length? 70 hours? While the length is typically pretty unreliable on VNDB even if we say that is 100% completion that is still 14 hours per route. So, about 11-12 hours of story and 2-3 hours of the shit people actually care about. Which means someone at ToneWorks paid dozens of people to sit down and write, animate, and code 11-12 hours of fluff text. Think about that, 12 hours, half a day; and that is one route, out of a total of five.

Who is that even for? Who looks at an Adults Only rated game and thinks "man, I think I'll grab this 18+ game because I want a good story."

Zycr

Nov 4, 2018
Can we just talk about this game's length? 70 hours? While the length is typically pretty unreliable on VNDB even if we say that is 100% completion that is still 14 hours per route. So, about 11-12 hours of story and 2-3 hours of the shit people actually care about. Which means someone at ToneWorks paid dozens of people to sit down and write, animate, and code 11-12 hours of fluff text. Think about that, 12 hours, half a day; and that is one route, out of a total of five.

Who is that even for? Who looks at an Adults Only rated game and thinks "man, I think I'll grab this 18+ game because I want a good story."
ToneWorks is pretty much Slice of Life VN, so you either play one of their game and hate it and will never play any of their other games because their all the same. Or you're like me and like the SoL genre and this VN is a goddamn gem.

Reactions: prpa and kirto12

Blankrex

Jun 4, 2020
Damn!! It is finally translated and uploaded, been waiting for this game like ages :cool:

I hope daybreak translations also translates the new game of tone work whenever they get the time to do so

And thanks for the share ^^

ArAyAiBoy

Feb 16, 2020
Can anyone who's finished this game share some info on whether there are any choices in it outside of those that determine which route you end up on, and if there are whether these have any noticeable impact on the story (which doesn't need to be drastic or major, just causing any difference in the story that extends beyond MC saying a different line->getting a different response, or choosing different topics for idle, self-contained conversation)?
And if the answer to both is yes, are the choices spread throughout the game or just in the common route? The walkthrough I saw seems to just list the choices you need to make to get each route (including the ones where the answer doesn't make a difference) of which there don't seem that many, so partially I'm trying to get an idea of whether the interactive aspect of the story is just in you navigating towards a particular route -after which you're reading a fairly long picture book with very upmarket narration.

kirto12

Jul 15, 2017
Can anyone who's finished this game share some info on whether there are any choices in it outside of those that determine which route you end up on, and if there are whether these have any noticeable impact on the story (which doesn't need to be drastic or major, just causing any difference in the story that extends beyond MC saying a different line->getting a different response, or choosing different topics for idle, self-contained conversation)?
And if the answer to both is yes, are the choices spread throughout the game or just in the common route? The walkthrough I saw seems to just list the choices you need to make to get each route (including the ones where the answer doesn't make a difference) of which there don't seem that many, so partially I'm trying to get an idea of whether the interactive aspect of the story is just in you navigating towards a particular route -after which you're reading a fairly long picture book with very upmarket narration.
as fare as I remeber the choices in the routs only change the dialog and some give you an alternative cg it has no affect on the ending

ArAyAiBoy

Feb 16, 2020
as fare as I remeber the choices in the routs only change the dialog and some give you an alternative cg it has no affect on the ending
Thanks for the info :), though I definitely wouldn't expect there'd be any change to the ending or anything that major: I figure with slice of life games the ending is usually the least important part (as it's typically just the point where that slice of life has been gone all the way through). I was thinking more in the range of things like characterisation: maybe some choices earlier in "life" about what your MC specifically likes to eat come up later in variations in what your LI cooks for a special occasion, or their favourite hobby might change some small gift you might get later on. Up to things like small changes in dialogue based on whether your MC seems to "get" their partner intuitively (and so is written as understanding them on the basis of small cues, whereas a more loveably dense MC might produce slightly different writing where things need to be a bit more obvious before they get it), or even small changes in how a scene of e.g. some minor stress or disagreement is resolved (where there's maybe small differences in who is reconciled, how stressed or down someone gets before everything gets sorted out, etc.,).
The I guess "functional" outcome doesn't change really (the player still always gets the same information from each scene, always sees specific scenes unfold) -so there's no need for the devs to craft slightly different endings based on which career choice you made or something- but there's enough opportunity for variations in the way the same scenes are presented that it feels like you're watching your particular surrogate relationship developing.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote