4.90 star(s) 28 Votes

anonymouz3

Jul 1, 2023
You underestimate the power of trauma. It IS possible to lose or dilute one's sense of empathy with trauma, thus becoming a sociopath in the process. Not to say that this is what happened here but there is a precedent thus it isn't near absurd as you think it is.
True but if the cause was trauma then it hasn't been foreshadowed well so far.
Nyxmay seems to have no qualms about opening up to him and showing him her past nor does she seem to be sorrowful about what happened. It's particularly striking when you compare her route to Kendra's or Vai'Klis', there it's pretty clear that both heroines are suffering due to past trauma.
Her current personality also doesn't seem like something that would be the result of trauma, it seems more like that of a person that had always been twisted under the surface.
I'm not saying that it wasn't trauma or that traumatized people are incapable of moving on, I just don't think her shift in personality was entirely due to past trauma.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
True but if the cause was trauma then it hasn't been foreshadowed well so far.
Nyxmay seems to have no qualms about opening up to him and showing him her past nor does she seem to be sorrowful about what happened. It's particularly striking when you compare her route to Kendra's or Vai'Klis', there it's pretty clear that both heroines are suffering due to past trauma.
Her current personality also doesn't seem like something that would be the result of trauma, it seems more like that of a person that had always been twisted under the surface.
I'm not saying that it wasn't trauma or that traumatized people are incapable of moving on, I just don't think her shift in personality was entirely due to past trauma.
Trauma is pretty much possible actually. Im sure it takes place. What puzzles me right now is how exactly did Nyxmay got one.

BlackAion

Jan 21, 2018
Just how lame it would be.
- Oh no, you're killing fairies that I love so much. What a 25m tall life magician could possibly do to stop you? Like I can't just take them away from you and stand on my feet so you couldn't reach them, right?
- Oh no, you killed another one, maybe if I say pretty please you will stop?
- Did you just killed the last one?! Okay, you have crossed the line buddy.
*kills him the most painfull way possible*
-
Well, I enjoy killing like nothing else now, gotta move to a different continent though.

Tragedy turned into a sick comedy. This "Innocence killed" trope simply stops working if it's subject can easily prevent what causes it.
You talk as if a purely innocent creature would willingly hurt ANYTHING much less kill. She had the power to shoo them away but all it takes a cunning plan to render her and her faeries into oblivion. I have seen this trope played out many times and it has never stopped working. Its matter of execution and nothing to do with the trope itself.

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
You know, something I wonder about- how come no one in the GG universe has considered living underground to get away from giantesses? Carve out a tunnel into a mountain, start by burrowing up, then down so that giantesses couldn't flood you, or smoke you out.

BlackAion

Jan 21, 2018
You know, something I wonder about- how come no one in the GG universe has considered living underground to get away from giantesses? Carve out a tunnel into a mountain, start by burrowing up, then down so that giantesses couldn't flood you, or smoke you out.
Cause there are probably giantesses down there too. Dwarf or Gnome giantesses or something like that.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Chumgum

ControllerMan

Dec 17, 2023
So many... Bro theres like 3 characters there with any real content. Homiaspermia characters have been largely shafted by sponsors and devs alike. Naya and Maryen got most of the love. The only faction worse than that group is the underwater faction which hasnt been touched in like forever.

Mayren? Dude, she never gets sponsored and get's one update every 4-5 months. Regina, Madea and Naya get the most love.

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
You talk as if a purely innocent creature would willingly hurt ANYTHING much less kill. She had the power to shoo them away but all it takes a cunning plan to render her and her faeries into oblivion.
She had the power to shoo them away but all it takes a cunning plan to render her and her faeries into oblivion, yeah, right, what cunning plan? She saw it happening, they couldn't just force her to freeze and watch, because that's not possible. Why do you think that Nyxmay is an innocent as her subjects? What kind of protectoress she was supposed to be if she can't defend herself? Even if being innocent and all that Nyxmay still could save them without resorting to violence. Stop confusing innocence with stupidity.

I have seen this trope played out many times and it has never stopped working.
Then it won't be hard for you to bring an example, right? The insanely powerful character won't even try to save someone he/she loves only because of the "I wont hurt a fly" attitude. Name a few titles that are not a complete bullshit where it works.

Last edited:

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Because there is no cave deep enough to hide or hold forever from giantesses, especially ones who can grow as big as Croixelle for example. Not even mentioning how many resources is needed to build such monumental structure without involving giantesses themselves. And you still have to eat and drink in that hole, which is complicated since there are no refrigerators or nonperishable food invented yet.
And most importantly - why? Why would someone do something like that?

Spontaneous combustion

Jun 7, 2020
Mayren? Dude, she never gets sponsored and get's one update every 4-5 months. Regina, Madea and Naya get the most love.
To be fair, I can't really see any obivous favourites among patrons. Usually every character gets some love, except for maybe Pyeka, Kendra and a few others. It mostly comes as waves. It happened with Bezvalienne, it happened with Madea, that she even took the 1st place in that vote, while being among outsiders last time, it happened with Regina a few patches ago. People see interesting part of a story in a new update, people get interested in a character, people sponsor her in anticipation, then cycle repeats with other characters.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
Did she actually mention the word altruism in your route? In mine she admonished me for playing the hero (big Kendra vibes) and said something about wanting to show that my "little resolution" was doomed to crumble.
No I was paraphrasing. It was that same reply.

ControllerMan

Dec 17, 2023
To be fair, I can't really see any obivous favourites among patrons. Usually every character gets some love, except for maybe Pyeka, Kendra and a few others. It mostly comes as waves. It happened with Bezvalienne, it happened with Madea, that she even took the 1st place in that vote, while being among outsiders last time, it happened with Regina a few patches ago. People see interesting part of a story in a new update, people get interested in a character, people sponsor her in anticipation, then cycle repeats with other characters.
Pyeka got more love from patreons than Diula, Margarita and Mayren so she is not hated like Kendra.

Reactions: larkpie

larkpie

Jan 30, 2021
Because there is no cave deep enough to hide or hold forever from giantesses, especially ones who can grow as big as Croixelle for example. Not even mentioning how many resources is needed to build such monumental structure without involving giantesses themselves. And you still have to eat and drink in that hole, which is complicated since there are no refrigerators or nonperishable food invented yet.
And most importantly - why? Why would someone do something like that?
I wouldn't think there'd be any giantesses who can grow to Croixelle's size who'd be petty enough to destroy a mountain because some people are living there- and the ones there are would be too busy doing other things.

Half-orcs and mages would make excavation a much quicker process, just like how quickly they're able to rebuild neutral towns that get sacked by a bored giantess looking for some easy amusement.

You could bring food to the cave, hell, if the subterranean home doubled as a mine you could simply trade for food, which could be preserved easily by drying it, smoking it, salting it, or just using magic- there *are* normal-sized mages, magic isn't solely the purview of giantesses.

As for why, the same reason people choose to live in neutral territory- to live apart from giantesses.

4.90 star(s) 28 Votes