VN Getting exposure for Patreon adult game

HiEv

Sep 1, 2017
I mean an actual web game you play on a website , otherwise no download.
Yes, there are lots of " " which you can also actually download.

Just because something is on a website, doesn't mean that you can't also package it for download to run locally.

Is there something specific about your game which prevents this?

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Is there something specific about your game which prevents this?
yes its played via your browser on a website. how many times do I have to tell you that?

starting to think you just arguing with me again because of the other thread.

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
yes its played via your browser on a website. how many times do I have to tell you that?

starting to think you just arguing with me again because of the other thread.
I think what he is saying that no matter what game it is, Whether it's web based or not. There is a way to pack it.

Reactions: HiEv

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
I think what he is saying that no matter what game it is, Whether it's web based or not. There is a way to pack it.
If you look in patreon rule change thread, you see reason for my last reply.

Personally I don't see what is hard too understand by what I said.

I said web game, and a web game is a game you play on a browser and you don't download

He asking about something specific about my game in his last reply, and I already answered that in post he quoted from me, there is no download.

I spell it out for him, its a fully designed "website" with a "game" built in , therefore no download.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
I apologize.

I'll never try to help you promote your game again.
and while you pretend to promote my game and claim to not do that again, please don't reply to any of my posts again as well. thanks :)

fireox

Mar 17, 2018
Even if your game is designed for web there's a way to package it. Hell, websites are packages hosted on servers, they're not floating in the ether.

One reason I see that would make a webgame hard to package is if your game contains an excess of absolute paths which is not recommended since you have no control over them and any change on the source website could break your game, unless those source websites belong to you. But if your paths are all relative, and you have the files with the images and other media, the packaging should be really straight forward.

Reactions: HiEv and pavar

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Even if your game is designed for web there's a way to package it. Hell, websites are packages hosted on servers, they're not floating in the ether.

One reason I see that would make a webgame hard to package is if your game contains an excess of absolute paths which is not recommended since you have no control over them and any change on the source website could break your game, unless those source websites belong to you. But if your paths are all relative, and you have the files with the images and other media, the packaging should be really straight forward.
its a social media website which is built around a turn based strategy game. its dependent on database usage.

There isn't a way to download game, because I haven't set up a way to download the game and I admit, I wouldn't know how to do that, as not looked into doing so due to there being no need for it, as its a web game you play on your browser.

*edit* >>I would presume you use a program like Unity to do it.

its a fully designed "website" with a "game" built in , therefore no download.
something I have already posted in this thread,

Basically quicker answer here is, there is no download option , as there is no download option been setup, I thought that was obvious from my very first reply to HiEv, guess not.

fireox

Mar 17, 2018
its a social media website which is built around a turn based strategy game. its dependent on database usage.

There isn't a way to download game, because I haven't set up a way to download the game and I admit, I wouldn't know how to do that, as not looked into doing so due to there being no need for it, as its a web game you play on your browser.

*edit* >>I would presume you use a program like Unity to do it.
Now I get it.

If it is database dependent making a download option may get complicated enough that it's not worth it, because it will need to be always online anyway. Maybe that was part of your point. I didn't get it at first but now I do.
I don't deal with databases so I can't really share a opinion on this, but I can see how it could get messy.

Ronoc19

Mar 3, 2018
I got contact with user N7 who told me to open a support ticket here:

I got a response very quickly and am currently waiting for verification on the dev tag. :)
Thank you for the follow!
Another good way is to get existing Dev's to share your game in their Discord, I know Palmer (love Joint) have shared a good few, some like Phillygames (Depraved Awakenings) have a channel on their discord solely to recommend other games and discuss them. That way you get to reach their patreons too, and as these people have access to the Discords, that means these are people who actually do pay lol.