Generic Japanese game problem

GammaTeller

Nov 8, 2017
Ok, so after having problems with launching various Japanese games (a blue window with gibberish code on it) despite following the usual advice of system locale stuff i decided to try literally anything i could try to get this stuff working. Now even less games work and they give me these errors every time, even on gam es which i knew worked previously.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Edit:
I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

SeeEmilyPlay

Aug 12, 2017
Because you have no Japanese language support installed on your computer, the error message shows up as unreadable letters. So can't help you explaining the content of the error, sorry.

GammaTeller

Nov 8, 2017
Because you have no Japanese language support installed on your computer, the error message shows up as unreadable letters. So can't help you explaining the content of the error, sorry.
oh sorry here's a new one in the correct system locale

Screenshot_3.png

Symbolsz

Mar 21, 2017
You could try using a different tool to change locale for your games, for example I use Locale Emulator and haven't had a single issue yet.

GammaTeller

Nov 8, 2017
You could try using a different tool to change locale for your games, for example I use Locale Emulator and haven't had a single issue yet.
Well, you see, This is what i attempted to do and in certain cases that wouldn't work which is why i fiddled with some stuff which caused this

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
oh sorry here's a new one in the correct system locale

View attachment 162522
that's not japanese... at least not in a readable form...? really, so many kanjis are just mashed up together with some katakana (why katakana btw.?) randomly thrown in. i first thought this would actually be chinese 'till i saw some sprites of katakana XD. i have the feeling, even that error has an error.

btw. to finally clear this up ('cause symbolsz mentioned it): applocale and similar WON'T function for every japanese games. there actually quite some games out here where ya gotta change ya non unicode to japanese or else you are fucked. it's the way it is.

edit: i did a quick google search. funnily enough some people say either change ya non unicode to english, or...chinese! XD would love to know if it really works for ya.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
when you say fiddled around with some stuff... could you be more specific? did you mess around with system files? did you change font size in a microsoft word document? those details are a little important, also, how much tech know-how do you have?

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Try changing your windows system to Jap locale

win 10
  1. Right click start
  2. click settings
  3. click time and language
  4. click region and language
  5. change country and region & language to Japenese
  6. See if that helps