Ren'Py Games that make heavy use of screens/user interfaces?

DrFeelGud

Oct 11, 2019
Hi y'all, I've been doing a bit of looking around and prototyping in Ren'py and Twine. For now, I'm planning on the majority of what I'm doing being built using screens which the users could interact with to progress, not so much with still images like most visual novels.

Are there any games that are built with a heavy emphasis on interactivity with screens that I could take a look at for inspiration?
and or
Ren'py games that have beautiful user interfaces that I could look at as well?

Thanks.

MLocke

Feb 3, 2021
Love & Sex Second Base and Being a DIK are advanced examples. I guess The Secret: Reloaded or the original are examples of how to try to maintain high production value with videos and animated transitions while coming up short in the eyes of many. No offense to the dev because he very well could have quit early because people didn't see where he could have gone with that vision and something convinced him to reboot, and we see how that (tech update) ends up sometimes with games like Summertime Saga.

Summer Memories Plus is RPGM, but it's an example of how to do more with less because they use image overlays to have a kind of 2D isometric stage. Same concept applies to any engine, especially for interactive sex scenes rather than just world navigation or phone popup features. Lab Rats 2 is questionable because it's like a prototype still that wants freedom while still lacking polish. There are some decent older examples, but I'd have to look harder. You should be inspired by the style of some eroge J-games, but I am sure they have lots more professional-grade polish that requires investment.