Seeking Games like Null Hypothesis

yunghumma

Apr 16, 2022
Hello,

There's something particularly interesting in Null Hypothesis I really liked, and that was the dress up/corruption mechanic that you could do if you got the girl to a high enough relationship level. Is there anything else similar to that? I know it borders corruption and trainer tags but I really liked the idea of dressing up the characters into different outfits based on their corruption level.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
Null Hypothesis doesn't have a corruption mechanic, per se. The devs have been pretty up front about this. If you have enough love and trust points with a LI, they are more willing to wear clothes that you like, but there are limits to how far you can push them with more risque wardrobe options.

RLE has also doesn't have a corruption mechanic, per se, but several of the stats are meant to work together to allow you to get the LIs to do anything you want, so there is a corruption system. You can get LIs to almost anything you want with the right stat levels. The thresholds for that seem to be different for each LI, both in the sense that the level(s) required and the stat(s) required to make LIs fully obedient vary from LI to LI.

Null Hypothesis began as a RLE mod, but the dev decided to spin it off into its own game after realising that by the time he made a big enough mod to add all the things to RLE that he wanted it to have, he'd basically be making another game anyway. Given the RLE dev's notoriously messy code, it might actually be easier to make a whole new game than mod it. That's the impression a lot of former RLE modders have given, anyway.

Null Hypothesis's front page on this site and the opening credits in game both mention RLE as inspiration and recommend playing it. The dev's have specifically recommended it to players looking for corruption gameplay, since that's part of the core intended gameplay loop of RLE and they have no intention of implementing any corruption in Null Hypothesis. You might be able to find recs for other similar games by searching the RLE thread. Look through the thread before asking though. Some threads see mentioning or asking about other games in a game's thread as a capital offense

Reactions: yunghumma

yunghumma

Apr 16, 2022
Null Hypothesis doesn't have a corruption mechanic, per se. The devs have been pretty up front about this. If you have enough love and trust points with a LI, they are more willing to wear clothes that you like, but there are limits to how far you can push them with more risque wardrobe options.

RLE has also doesn't have a corruption mechanic, per se, but several of the stats are meant to work together to allow you to get the LIs to do anything you want, so there is a corruption system. You can get LIs to almost anything you want with the right stat levels. The thresholds for that seem to be different for each LI, both in the sense that the level(s) required and the stat(s) required to make LIs fully obedient vary from LI to LI.

Null Hypothesis began as a RLE mod, but the dev decided to spin it off into its own game after realising that by the time he made a big enough mod to add all the things to RLE that he wanted it to have, he'd basically be making another game anyway. Given the RLE dev's notoriously messy code, it might actually be easier to make a whole new game than mod it. That's the impression a lot of former RLE modders have given, anyway.

Null Hypothesis's front page on this site and the opening credits in game both mention RLE as inspiration and recommend playing it. The dev's have specifically recommended it to players looking for corruption gameplay, since that's part of the core intended gameplay loop of RLE and they have no intention of implementing any corruption in Null Hypothesis. You might be able to find recs for other similar games by searching the RLE thread. Look through the thread before asking though. Some threads see mentioning or asking about other games in a game's thread as a capital offense
Yeah I've played RLE. Thanks for your input, I didn't know the devs for NH directly addressed this. I gave it some thought and I suppose what I really like is the outfit and dressup mechanic in the game. Though the "trust" aspect for dressing in more promiscuous outfits is what I like. I think Star Channel 34 and Witch Trainer had something similar, though it's been a long time since I've played those.

I wonder if there's still dress up games, I remember when they were popular way back in the day on Newgrounds and such.

Ronfas

Mar 9, 2019
I gave it some thought and I suppose what I really like is the outfit and dressup mechanic in the game. Though the "trust" aspect for dressing in more promiscuous outfits is what I like. I think Star Channel 34 and Witch Trainer had something similar, though it's been a long time since I've played those.

I wonder if there's still dress up games, I remember when they were popular way back in the day on Newgrounds and such.
I'm gonna preface this by saying that my memory is horrible and I'm just looking at the titles of games to try and recall them so some of these might be off n such but here's a list of stuff you might be interested in, focusing on games with "dressup mechanics".
I'm gonna assume that while it's been a while since you've played Akabur's games, you already know them so there's no need for me to be recommending them.
Also this is my first post and I'm extremely out of it so idk what I'm doing but I'm gonna divide this into sections based on "target size". Also, the recommendations are in order of my confidence in them (link higher => hopefully closer to what you're looking for).

I'll begin with "self-targeted" games, this generally means you're a female MC who slowly gets sluttier:
Meltys Quest - Haven't played in a long time but this was one of the first games I played with multiple outfits shown this way.
Degrees of Lewdity - I'm not really a fan of this genre in general but this one is well-liked.
Cursed Armor - I've heard many positive reviews of this, the only reason why it's below the other two is because I barely played enough to have my own opinion on it.

For games like WT Silver or RLE, I'm gonna call them "focused-target" games because you have just a couple people that you're really drilling your focus onto.
May I suggest to you:
Jikage Rising - Hypnosis/Corruption game set in Naruto universe, still ongoing development but the first arc is completed.
Holstein Girls - You slowly turn the girls into cowgirls, iirc has outfit changes due to the crazy boob growth (breast expansion). It's not quite like RLE since it's moreso just a story/VN/whatever that progresses rather than one where you just gain trust to be able to unlock new options to choose from.
Spiral Clicker - Idle clicker game in which you hypnotise girls, as you hit mindbreak stages they unlock new outfits (in most cases the same outfit but skimpier). However this is a clicker (and a light one at that) so not really the bullseye.
Harem Hotel - Honestly this is kinda really stretching it bc I don't acc rmr outfits but there's a screenshot of one on the page, I'll put this to represent the fact these dating-sim-types (aka average RenPy "trainer" game) generally do give you some sort of option of clothing as you gain more influence over them.

With what I'm calling "broad-target" games, you're sorta directed at the main characters obviously but you're also just pretty much trying to corrupt everyone around you:
Glassix - Gain persuasion powers as well as X-Ray glasses
Lab Rats 1 2 Reformulate - 1 is acc kinda closer to "focused-target" maybe I think
HHS+ - I don't actually know where to get this and my head hurts too much to check rn (Edit: added a link)
These are probably the closest that I'll get to a proper answer :p

As you said this borders on just corruption in general but not quite, but if you search for recommendations for corruption games similar to these you'll get some of these back as suggestions which sounds (to me) as if the others are probably close to what you're looking for too.
See also (threads I found and games I haven't tried yet):
https://f95zone.to/threads/multiple-outfits-tag.89729/
Wings of Roldea
https://f95zone.to/threads/corruption-slutty-outfits-games-non-western-oriented-art.104508/
https://f95zone.to/threads/games-where-you-corrupt-people-around-you.54205/
https://f95zone.to/threads/games-like-hhs.142616/
Star Knightess Aura
https://f95zone.to/threads/games-with-many-outfits.53327/
iNSight of You - Maybe should be higher up...
https://f95zone.to/threads/changing-outfits.75427/
https://f95zone.to/threads/i-was-en...-her-maid-v0-9-735-dahakma.40900/post-4997066
The Headmaster - I actually played this one quite a while ago but I don't remember any outfits so I didn't want to put it with the rest of my recommendations.

When I first read the thread I felt like a dozen games came to mind that I could recommend but when I tried grabbing them they slipped like sand through fingers, and at the same time I don't want to just start listing of garbage that's only tangentially related, so I'll stop here. Please do let us know if you find anything that could make my recommendations more useful.

Last edited: