Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

tid

Aug 16, 2017
WoW ... merci this is very usefull, I have a question would it be possible to add a played/not played button. Because I'm new to the "game" scene I'm getting convused... have I played this already or not...let's say an overdose, therefore that button could help me :WutFace:
Good Idea, I'll add this to the next release.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
oops, I just realized that this feature is already implemented: click on the icon on the game list and it will switch from a state to the other. You can do the same to add/remove a game from your favorites.

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
Nice idea and I don't mean to rain on your parade at all.
Personally, I prefer the simpler approach.
I have a folder for all my adult games, each sub folder is either the one for all the tools (unren, etc.), one of developer folders (where I have more than one game by a dev) or the game (which are also the sub folders of the dev.
Each game folder is named after the game, the version number and when it was downloaded. If I don't like it, it gets deleted.
EG Blooming Love is F:\<Top Folder>\Developer\Bright Sun Prod\Blooming Love 014 25-04

Good luck with your project.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Nice idea and I don't mean to rain on your parade at all.
Personally, I prefer the simpler approach.
I have a folder for all my adult games, each sub folder is either the one for all the tools (unren, etc.), one of developer folders (where I have more than one game by a dev) or the game (which are also the sub folders of the dev.
Each game folder is named after the game, the version number and when it was downloaded. If I don't like it, it gets deleted.
EG Blooming Love is F:\<Top Folder>\Developer\Bright Sun Prod\Blooming Love 014 25-04

Good luck with your project.
In a perfect world I would do like you say, but you'll see when you'll get as old as me: I can't even remember games names, so I need a way to see last games I've played and with a picture so that I can recognize the game :p.

I have made a little update to the site: the "latest" rss feed should now work better.

A little update on the prog too: when updating a game's data it doesn't reselect it properly, now it should work fine.

I have a little question: when you update a game (putting the path to the exe file for example) I update the timestamp so that it will appear first when you sort games by date DESC, do you think it's ok your should I keep the timestamp it was updated here?

Reactions: kiteares

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Version 1.0.37.1 is available

You can now choose which browser will be used to launch HTML games.

Reactions: DrackDrap

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Version 1.0.37.1 is available

You can now choose which browser will be used to launch HTML games.
FYI, for those people that use multiple browsers, there is a great little program called . Works great, even for PDFs.

Reactions: ghostship

Aziien

2D is all I need!
Modder
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
Not sure if its implemented or not but a search function on the rss page. And download links associated with the games.

As to use your website as an API to make tailored applications and such. As i dont feel your app suite my tastes but the database is awesome, so keep up the work!

tid

Aug 16, 2017
You can already search through the game database.

I'm working on a big update for the website, but at work, I've got a deadline for the end of September and I work 10 hrs/day so I think it will have to wait until I have finished it.

Aziien

2D is all I need!
Modder
Donor
Apr 9, 2017
You can already search through the game database.

I'm working on a big update for the website, but at work, I've got a deadline for the end of September and I work 10 hrs/day so I think it will have to wait until I have finished it.
Im aware of the search, but does it work with your rss?

tid

Aug 16, 2017
No, you can't search the rss. You have to use your rss client to do it.

Maybe I will later add an option to use search criterias to filter rss.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
No, you can't search the rss. You have to use your rss client to do it.

Maybe I will later add an option to use search criterias to filter rss.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Great program! loving it so far with how it hooks and checks for updates on f95. Have some small gripes with it though!

Would love an way to be able to filter away games already played on a certain version.
Like the user can manually tick a box that they finished the current version and the client can be able to hide that game for that version if they choose to filter so.
This should only be for that version and should untick when a newer version is added, making it appear on the filtered list as a new release.

Renaming the "Delete" option to remove makes more sense too as it doesn't delete the actual game files at all.
Someway to update games and copy over the saves (atleast for those that are easily copied like RenPy Saves) while asking to delete the old version would be nice.

Also the add screenshot button is buggy and need accurate pointing to work.
To be able to sort after the updated time would also be useful instead of date descending.

Game list should save and cache the thread titles of f95 to be used with the folder name of the games.
Thought behind this is that the user just uses the thread title as the folder name of the game.
This should be used to automatically detect the version number and be used with a folder watcher for your games.

Last notes, the folder scanner really need to ignore .exe files and the like that is already added to a game. it keep listing out everything i have already added which isn't how it should be.
It removes the search choices i picked but not all the wrong searches it tried to match with.

Really loving this so far.
Also would really love a dark theme to match f95 and many other programs.
Will be using this all the way going forward aswell as recommend it to everyone that like such things.

Sorry for the ramble there, great program but could be better in some places.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
After using this for most than a day. My thoughts still stand.

There need to be an added workflow to update games, either unzip or point to the folder/exe more easily with the updated version number.

I guess it all depends on how people have it all sorted. but this program could technically sort it for us in an unified manner that works.
like: Gametitle/version number or version title and have the game there.
i think the wanted outcome would be to able to tell the program this exe and folder is this version and it would move or copy (depending on user options) into the set format.
i think having an unified game title folder as a base makes it easier with less folders.
Ofc, asking the user to delete the old version or copy over the save files is a good way to build on that.

you could also build on this with syncing save folders for RenPy games at a minimum. each RenPy game could have its own save folder next to the game versions. the client could handle these and sync them over as you go. allowing for more simple unified save management across the different versions.
This would ofc cover when the user updates the game with a new version.

TLDR: Need a simple and FAST way to import games and update versions of games.
Manually searching up the game in the client, clicking edit, editing the version number or pressing the use current button. Then finally pointing to the new exe or whatever is too many steps when you do more than just one at a time.
Need an import option to update all of this for you while moving files into the correct location for the collection.
RenPy saves should ask if you want to copy from old version to new if there is saves.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
just downloaded the offline version, and it's looking pretty good!

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Today updates should have been a little buggy, now it should be fine. I'm working on a system for the site to be more up to date.

I'm also re-working the client, I should release it before December.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
oh thats great to hear!
Already voices my biggest gripes with it.

As for `re-working`
What would that entail and what have you planed for it?
Im guessing building on the core feature set and getting faster and smoother.

Also wonder if your plans would ever to be to expand from F95 metadata scraping.
While F95 has most of the western stuff, having alternative scraping on say DLSite for example makes sense.

Also the 3D Assets community has nothing at all like this. doing a fork with small alternations to unzip or move instead of launching and exe with the metadata scraping and managing would be amazing for those that use metadata regularly.
That technically could be used with F95 too as it has an asset category. Scraping of the official sites would be required in those ways.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Here is a little preview of the new client :

2018-11-09 (1).png

I will also move all the site to is own server and maybe add a little forum on it to discuss about the client.

It could be a good idea to add games from outside F95 but it will make things more complicated. If games comes from different sources I have to find a way to prevent duplicate creation.

Yes I could make a tool for assets based on F95 list.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
looking good. much better use of the space for sure compared to how it was.
that background is going to turn some people off though for sure haha.

Download button? built in downloader and unzipper then or something else? like JDownloader DLC file creator?

for General usage i think having the ability to sort by played current version would be one of the better and simpler steps you could do.

looking good so far for sure. looking forward too it.
worked on any of the loading back-end?
seems slow to change the filter. idk. might be the drive i have it on.

Personally would love an alternative version for assets. but sadly assets is lacking on F95, sadly would need metadata scraping from Daz3D, Renderosity and Renderrotica for example.
The biggest issue with assets outside of Daz is that you dont have metadata like how they do the packages.
Most assets out in the wild shared and esp on F95 and other sites is Daz based and can be exported to others though that.

Issue comes in when its not from the Daz3D store and doesnt come with data. having an manager that could scrape the data in a neat gui like this while having a library like this.
And then the added ability to export the archives with metadata files like dsx files makes sense.
Kinda like how does it.... just not manual input. for the exporting for dsx metadata files.

having a library manager based on metadata even from F95 is a HUGE step in a good direction for those that collect and have a ton of these. Main issue with the options now is that everything is automatic unless its from the official Daz3D store where the official program just grabs the tags, and other data.

Thoughts on how it would work. it would work like the game manager now. neat ui with searchable elements with thumbnails.
Exporting with the data would be the end goal after scraping other sites.
Can understand it can get messy by having it on the GL Site itself though. think such things should be local to the client instead maybe.

Seems i went on another ramble, feel strongly about these issues.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Here is a little preview of the new client :

View attachment 175822

I will also move all the site to is own server and maybe add a little forum on it to discuss about the client.

It could be a good idea to add games from outside F95 but it will make things more complicated. If games comes from different sources I have to find a way to prevent duplicate creation.

Yes I could make a tool for assets based on F95 list.
Layout looks great, but no so sure about the Vista glass style graphics, I feel that's going to make it seem dated, even though this is the new look.

I'd also like to see how it looks with the game title left aligned above the thumbnail. I'm thinking many people will browse visually via the thumbnail image, and having the title in the same visual space as the image might make it quicker to read titles.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
IDK, while it doesn't waste the whole top part of the UI for the title, version, creator name and links.
it does waste each line with such things. hmmm

It would only be one per line i too. Wouldn't scale well with larger sizes at all sadly.
Might look fine in a small window. but have it in a larger window at 1440p or 4k or even maximized that some users likes to do.
then all those lines will be a huge waste of space sadly.
How many titles can you realistically have in view at any one time with such a view?

You could do more overlays on the image instead and stick to just the image size. either squares as it is now (hopefully images on the host site can update to better images in the future) or do wide or tall covers.
Wide prob makes sense as most cover images on F95 is wide 16:9 images or something for the main image of the game.
One could take note from by overlaying title, creator, version number over the thumbnail itself. no real need to have it take up its own space like that at all times.
You could have different colors of text after what state they are in too. Red title for not installed (black for installed? or even green.) Red Version for out-of-date version and Green for being up-to-date.
Urls and paths isn't needed to be in view at all times at all.
Heck i don't think paths is needed at all in most use cases outside of editing.

Such rare use-case data could be pushed to a tool tip instead that extends, maybe out long in a line like how you detailed.
Only thing you must be aware of at that point is which side you render it at from the thumbnail, to render left if there is no space on the right side.
You should also have some space for really small icons on say the lower left for engine type and favorite state.
Did an example in Hydrus, ofc with scale-able cover images into larger sizes, yours are already large for even 1440p so you should have a space issue overlaying it all over the image.
you almost got this nailed down with the current release.

client_2018-11-10_11-12-15.png

In short, keep more of what you have and push it into thumbnails, do the new UI as tool tips to only load in when needed.

Reactions: 3xpurt
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes