1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Manager

Discussion in 'Tools & Tutorials' started by tid, Feb 22, 2018.

1. tid

tid Member

Aug 16, 2017
    games.png

Hello everybody,

As I download a lot of games I ended not being able witch game I own, where it is what's it's version...

So I decided to make a game manager, as I'm globally satisfied with the result I decided to share it with the F95zone community.

What it does :
    • Gets games descriptions and link to corresponding thread here from an online database I keep updated.
    • For each game you can set up where it is installed and you can launch it.
    • Games are sortable by time updated, last time played, alphabetical order...
    • You can filter games by tags, prefexes (included or excluded)
    If you don't want to use it maybe you will find useful things on the website :
    • An rss feed to last updates on F95zone, it's not perfect but you can use it until it's added here.
    • A list of games that you can filter by tags and/or prefixes (included or excluded). It's based on my database so it won't always be up to date, I update it almost every day except when I'm on holidays.
    Here is the link :

Please Log in / Register to view this link

PS : a month ago I didn't know anything about bootstrap, so there might be some display bugs on the website.

ghostship, maxx, Murk and 16 others like this.
  2. DarkWolf2055

DarkWolf2055 Super Moderator Moderator

Aug 3, 2017
    i like it good idea

Palanto likes this.
  3. Chaoz

Chaoz Member

Aug 5, 2016
    @tid Great Work! With all these games being release on a daily basis in various stages of development, a program like yours definitely helps ;) I'd suggest to opensource the application, you could get quite some help that way, if you wan't to. Plus people might be more inclined to download it, since they know what's in it.

4. tid

tid Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I'm ok to put it open source but I've used windev, and I'm not sure that much people here can use it. (

Please Log in / Register to view this link

)

5. tid

tid Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I'm back from holidays, more than 140 new games/updates, my DB is now up to date.

tobias likes this.
  6. tid

tid Member

Aug 16, 2017
    A little update :
    Author filter was searching authors ending by your input (I made an SQL error ;) ).
    Now both Author and Game name filters are searching results containing your input.

3xpurt likes this.
  7. tid

tid Member

Aug 16, 2017
    V1.0.30.1 :
    - Updated the update system :p before it was downloading a zip file then you had to unzip it manually. Now there is an updater that will download the latest version and unzip it automatically.
    - Changed compilations options : dlls are no longer included in gamelist.exe, so if updater detects that you already have the last framework version, it will only download the exe file (1Mo instead of 40). Last digit of version number indicates framework version.

There are now more then 2k games in the database.

3xpurt likes this.
  8. Last Moment

Last Moment Active Member Modder

May 26, 2017
    I like the idea, actually i was think to create something similar
    I will give it a try and see :)
    Thanks

tid likes this.
  9. tid

tid Member

Aug 16, 2017
    A little update on server side, now when you update your local database games will be displayed ordered by date of update/creation.

10. 3xpurt

3xpurt Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2017
    I'd like to see the game names in the update window, and also have a way to filter only owned titles, to make it easier to see when my owned titles have been updated.

11. tid

tid Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Ok I'll work on it next week.

12. 3xpurt

3xpurt Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Names in the update window definitely handy, but if a filter is too tricky or laggy, then maybe an icon to help distinguish owned titles that have been updated that session. There are just too many titles updated frequently to have to read through them all.

13. tid

tid Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I think I will add an icon to see owned games and an option to display them first.

3xpurt likes this.
  14. tid

tid Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Hey, this afternoon I had DB problems, it should now be fixed.

3xpurt likes this.
  15. Tarasia

Tarasia Satan's soul Donor

Aug 11, 2016
    next up have creators upload to a server of you, monetize through something like patreon, but without the censorship and kaching you're in the money ( i take 5% for the idea)

tid likes this.
  16. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Carpe Diem Donor Jr. Uploader

May 23, 2017
    my game manager is my right hand if it isn't moving to much the game is shit,If it is working hard the game is good to awsome :)

tid likes this.
  17. tid

tid Member

Aug 16, 2017
    New version :

Added an owned icon on the update window so you can see if you own one of the updated games.

Added a new version button on the main window: it will filter games where your version is not the same than the one on the DB.

Added a button on the edit window that will copy "last version" input to "your version".

PS: first update with the new system, let me know if something goes wrong.

3xpurt likes this.
  18. Last Moment

May 26, 2017
    I give the application a test today, very good work @tid. However, it detect only 10% of the games i have and i don't know why it display multiple entry per game

2018-03-29_20-16-51.png

ghostship and tid like this.
  19. tid

tid Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Well, it's kind of hard to find games. I don't know what kind of file I have to find, is it an exe, an html file?

So what I do is for each directory try to find games that sounds the same. If I find it then I list files that could be used to launch the game (exe, html, swf)

Later when my app will rule the world I would be able to ask devs to put a little ini file in their game folder so that they will be properly detected :p.

Last Moment likes this.
  20. Last Moment

May 26, 2017
    You can use the database to include this i.e. which games is html-based and so on...

I like your app idea, keep the game work to rule the world :D

tid likes this.