Game Intro Kama

Aug 6, 2016
Hi, I am Kepler186f and I i am making a game and wanted to give you lot some information on it.

I toyed around with RPG maker quite a bit but at the end I thought that it was not for me. It aims to be simplistic but it can end up being extremely complex. The only thing I liked about it was that the maps could be made simply. RPGM just seems like the kind of software that the people who made it know it best because of how complex the GUI is. And by removing scripting they made simple actions a bitch to find for a beginner like me. So I ended up taking inspiration from games like Big Brother and The Twist to make my game. I have 190 gigs worth of DAZ3D assets that I have accumulated over the months and I feel relatively comfortable with using that software. As far as scripting go, I think I have that covered as I am a programmer IRL. (or at least aspiring to be). I do this on my spare time after school and studying. The only thing I am worried about is my writing skills and the flow of the game itself. I have rendered about 200 + images already for "testing" I haven't actually rendered anything for the final version so far. This was mostly just my information but I will post information on the game's plot and stuff later.

Dictateur

Aug 7, 2016
Noice. But if I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about your writing skills. You can find someone to take care of that. But even if you want to write the story yourself, it's a first game, you can refine your writing with time. Beginning with something else than RPGMaker is quite ambitious, but it's cool that you don't take the easy road. I hope you the best, later.

Reactions: Deleted member 487