Game idea

LightCanadian

Jun 3, 2019
This is mostly to check the interest.

The game:
After going through an initial character creator to choose you gender and stuff.

The player just finish a big successful project for his employer. Since the project was a success he decided to use the bonus money to get himself a robot/android and start working on his own project. The main objective of the game would be to finish the project without running out of money. The robot is there to gain you time so that you don't have to clean the apartment/make food .etc. the rate at which the project advance when working on it depend on the player different status that are affected by the robot.
example:
  • Lust: At first the robot is not necessarily involve, but has you upgrade it, the more involve it get
  • Hunger: type of food created by the robot
  • Sleep: how much sleep you get
  • Health: Can get sick/injure/recovery, the robot can be upgraded with nano surgeon
  • Maybe more?
The story start as the player receive the robot that he bought to help him maintain his apartment.
The robot is modular, which mean that new component can be bought/upgraded.

As the player buy upgrades for it, new event become available, most notably the AI upgrade as the robot start very generic and "low tech" AI.

Having bought the basic model(story wise), the robot start gender less and can only do basic task, the player can choose the appearance(form factor) of the robot at the beginning of the game to look like a specific gender.

Robot behavior progression:
The robot will make "Mistakes" that if are not corrected by the player will lead it to behave in different manor
Example:
  • After upgrading the AI, the robot decided that to integrate society better, it should act more like a human(logic enough) and one thing that it notice is that swearing is often use to decrease stress level, defending oneself and is generally a very human thing to do. The player might notice that behavior and either ask the robot to stop, leave it be or encourage it. This kind of behavior could lead it, or act as the activation of it start humiliating the player
By the last example, you can probably come to a conclusion about one of the premise:
  • A bit like in the game The enslavement war, the player, through its interaction with the robot, is modeling it to become either the sub or the dom of the "relationship"
  • The point of the game is not to create a balls busting domination kinda game but more of a gentle domination

Loqic

Royal Jelly
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
My first impression was that it sounds like a grindfest. I might not have the full picture yet, so I could be wrong, but to connect it all with a nice story would be key to keep the players interest.
If you do start to develop it though, have fun and good luck. :giggle:

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
If you think you have a great idea, you should just make it. If you don't believe an idea is good enough yourself, and need outside approval, then it's probably not a great idea.

Because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what other people think of an idea. It's just that, an idea. There's no telling how the game will actually end up playing until it starts getting made. What really matters is how the idea is brought to life, and what people think of the actual game.

Aug 6, 2022
My first impression was that it sounds like a grindfest. I might not have the full picture yet, so I could be wrong, but to connect it all with a nice story would be key to keep the players interest.
If you do start to develop it though, have fun and good luck. :giggle:
It depends on how it is implemented, a pretty generic Idea for some spice in the grind is random events, like a problem at work costing a lot of your time or getting a cut of your pay, making the time management in that day a lot more stressful, but im just spitballing and if the events are to un-inpactful, they make the game a grind, but if they are too impactful, suddenly it becomes a RNG fest, so I hope that the dev does it right, or takes in balance suggestions from beta-testers.