Ren'Py [Game Dev Journal] Locked Heart (Final Fantasy 7)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Anorak

Feb 28, 2017
I am, and luckily the main artist is back, and has been working for a bit. I just haven't wanted to update this thread until I had anything much more substantial to show off.
So far, the main artist is back and working, but now I need a new background artist. Work is neverending... But the game is progressing. Will show off some more images later on.

Anorak

Feb 28, 2017
So I have been very careful with writing updates, since I don't want to lead people on and there are aspects of development I simply cannot control.

Now, the art is really not going the pace I was hoping it would. I am committed to this game, and I love the artwork of the current artist, but due to personal problems and the situation the artist is in, I cannot get it done in any time that I can make promises of.
For this game I have gone through, I kid you not, 4 artists, of which I've paid all but one (who never did anything), so that's art I can't use, and now I am at a bit of a loss. I still have this current character artist I really hope to get to working at a better pace at, and then I'm going to need a new background artist since my last one is one of the 4... I still want to get this thing going, but paying artists are getting problematic when more than half what I've paid for so far won't be seen in the game since the artstyle is very different.

Now on to the good news, I do have several nice backgrounds done, the tifa sprite is done with various different expressions so that could be used in various ways, I have one scene almost done, of Tifa sleeping (Nude version already made, but it's not done in the fact that there will be edits to in where Corneo is creeping in on Tifa when she's sleeping. He could do... 'Various' things there, but be very afraid in case she wakes up)

CommissionTifaSleep.png

Her sleeping arrangements starts out really poorly as seen, and could be improved in various ways (Won't be a feature in the planned first playable version, but later down the line)

I am glad and humbled that people are showing interest in this even though I haven't posted in a while. Honestly, I've felt so bad about posting anything, since it would mostly be 'Hi guys, yeah no new art yet...' I want to give this artist another chance though, so thumbs crossed. And yeah, I'll keep the nude version(s) for myself for now, gotta give you something to look forward to.

In other news, I have started working on an entirely different game with OG characters and different premise, several months back. Art for that is going smoothly, I just haven't said anything yet since I was very cautious, due to the massive delays in this project... I might start a dev journal for that soon.

LekLek1337

Oct 31, 2021
So I have been very careful with writing updates, since I don't want to lead people on and there are aspects of development I simply cannot control.

Now, the art is really not going the pace I was hoping it would. I am committed to this game, and I love the artwork of the current artist, but due to personal problems and the situation the artist is in, I cannot get it done in any time that I can make promises of.
For this game I have gone through, I kid you not, 4 artists, of which I've paid all but one (who never did anything), so that's art I can't use, and now I am at a bit of a loss. I still have this current character artist I really hope to get to working at a better pace at, and then I'm going to need a new background artist since my last one is one of the 4... I still want to get this thing going, but paying artists are getting problematic when more than half what I've paid for so far won't be seen in the game since the artstyle is very different.

Now on to the good news, I do have several nice backgrounds done, the tifa sprite is done with various different expressions so that could be used in various ways, I have one scene almost done, of Tifa sleeping (Nude version already made, but it's not done in the fact that there will be edits to in where Corneo is creeping in on Tifa when she's sleeping. He could do... 'Various' things there, but be very afraid in case she wakes up)

View attachment 2178345

Her sleeping arrangements starts out really poorly as seen, and could be improved in various ways (Won't be a feature in the planned first playable version, but later down the line)

I am glad and humbled that people are showing interest in this even though I haven't posted in a while. Honestly, I've felt so bad about posting anything, since it would mostly be 'Hi guys, yeah no new art yet...' I want to give this artist another chance though, so thumbs crossed. And yeah, I'll keep the nude version(s) for myself for now, gotta give you something to look forward to.

In other news, I have started working on an entirely different game with OG characters and different premise, several months back. Art for that is going smoothly, I just haven't said anything yet since I was very cautious, due to the massive delays in this project... I might start a dev journal for that soon.
No worries man,take your time,it's difficult to find a team dedicated to this kind of project,so delays and upsets are to be expected.We didn't pay you anything,so don't feel pressure to update us constantly, just a few posts here and there a month or two it's enough.Hope everything goes well on your projects,keep up the good work(y)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote