RPGM Game code looping infinitely

Symplexity

Aug 12, 2017
1.JPG 2.JPG

I am not good at programming, so I would like some help.

When the program executes the code from the part marked red, instead of reaching "Branch End", it starts over, causing an infinite loop. Is there anything I can do about that?

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Don't know the program/language, but it seems you conditional is running if there is slime armor... correct? Is there anywhere in that loop that slime armor is removed? Or can you modify the conditional? I'm assuming here that that conditional is supposed to run in a loop until it's no longer met.

Symplexity

Aug 12, 2017
Since I am just translating the game but not programming it, I have not modified any part of the code. So I decided to use the code from the original, untranslated game. Thanks for the reply anyway.

a meme

Sep 26, 2017
What loops? The part inside the branch or the entire event tab?

Code itself looks okay from a quick read, but you also need to have a look at the common events (click on the line, press spacebar, look at the number of the common event, cancel, go in the database and to the common events tab and take a screenshot of what's inside that event).

It could also be one of the text lines being incorrectly formatted. You're supposed to have an NPC number between the brackets behind \np. You sometimes have text there and you're not using the correct brackets in some spots.

Symplexity

Aug 12, 2017
I think there was a temporary bug that caused the loop. The Ulrica slime armor text would repeat itself. I used the original code and it was good to go. Anyway, thanks for your reply.