VN Ren'Py Abandoned Gambling Life [v1.0] [Gambling Life]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
So I guess the main problem for me, is that I have no clue how to play poker. I'm more of a Black Jack kind of guy anyways, Poker has too many variables.
The card games do not affect the story, they just give you extra content/money. You can skip the card games all together if u wish.

LordCorwin

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2017
The card games do not affect the story, they just give you extra content/money. You can skip the card games all together if u wish.
Wait, do you mean as in there's a skip button somewhere I missed for playing Poker with your Uncle or that you don't need to play Poker to earn enough money to pay back the mob.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Wait, do you mean as in there's a skip button somewhere I missed for playing Poker with your Uncle or that you don't need to play Poker to earn enough money to pay back the mob.
Yes, I don't know how you missed the skip button when you first play your uncle.. it gives you the choice before you start playing him...but even if you play him, you will still lose, it's rigged for story purposes.... AFTER that first time though, you DON'T need to play him again to continue the story, playing him after that is just extra content/money. The story doesn't revolve over whether you win a card game or not. As for money, you an make money by working on your computer. BTW, if you don;t have enough money to pay back the mob, he makes you work at the gym selling drugs... it doesn't end the game or give you a bad ending. The story revolves more around choices, not money....

LordCorwin

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2017
Yes, I don't know how you missed the skip button when you first play your uncle.. it gives you the choice before you start playing him...but even if you play him, you will still lose, it's rigged for story purposes.... AFTER that first time though, you DON'T need to play him again to continue the story, playing him after that is just extra content/money. The story doesn't revolve over whether you win a card game or not. As for money, you an make money by working on your computer. BTW, if you don;t have enough money to pay back the mob, he makes you work at the gym selling drugs... it doesn't end the game or give you a bad ending. The story revolves more around choices, not money....
Well it seems to be a rather integral part of the game if you need to earn a good deal of money to buy some of the things you'll need later on, I mean, we're pretty early on so I'll need to see more to believe this will be about story and not about the grind.

Oh, and I think I somehow got the hang of the poker thing. It's really not a complicated version, so as long as I don't push my luck I should be fine. Even a poker pleb like myself started to see the winning hands.

It going to suck if the mob keep taking your money every time they pull you aside, going from a nice $1400 to a flat $0 is pretty defeating.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Umm, guys.. sorry to say but the game is on hold indefinitly . I'm working on my other project full time (Under House Arrest).

Yes, I know, it sucks to start a project and then jump onto another one, but I felt that I learned alot from creating this one that I wanted to start from scratch and create a new game with new mechanics.

So yeah, it's not dead. Just on hold... for who knows how long. One day I'll come back to it.... oh and when I do, it will probably mostly have character redone and mechanics changed a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: one-drivepeach

rtmoose

Jan 8, 2019
Brb going bankrupt in Blackjack
you can cheat on the blackjack and make plenty of money, just scroll back and reverse your hit or stay, or go back and bet less monry, SIMPLE! I do think that if you have a bunch of money the other scenes dont come to play.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote