RPGM Onhold Futa in the Police Academy

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Status
Not open for further replies.

waxall

Nov 13, 2017
I like what I have read on your development so far and look forward to trying it out at launch. I wanted to know if the MC will be pushing toward the goal of honoring her adoptive parent 100% or will you include some role play/decision based elements for a more "corrupt cop" path if she starts taking shortcuts to her goals?

FutaBox

Oct 23, 2017
I like what I have read on your development so far and look forward to trying it out at launch. I wanted to know if the MC will be pushing toward the goal of honoring her adoptive parent 100% or will you include some role play/decision based elements for a more "corrupt cop" path if she starts taking shortcuts to her goals?
The main goal is to pay respects, but how she'll move towards her goal is up to you.
There will probably be such a thing as karma in the version 0.2. The more she spoils her karma with bad deeds (frame up, theft etc.), the foulest things she can use for the achievement of this goal. MC is initially meant to be a good person and she'll have a pretty good karma.

waxall

Nov 13, 2017
The main goal is to pay respects, but how she'll move towards her goal is up to you.
There will probably be such a thing as karma in the version 0.2. The more she spoils her karma with bad deeds (frame up, theft etc.), the foulest things she can use for the achievement of this goal. MC is initially meant to be a good person and she'll have a pretty good karma.
I know some things are necessary for story and character development so I was curious to your approach.

I feel these branches add a dimension to the game that allows for replay, to see different outcomes or missed content based on your choices. The karma system sounds good, but I hope you don't go the route of all in on one path or the other (decisions locked unless you have an arbitrary karma number). If every decision is case by case (like real life) we don't have to play for the score. I'd rather see it unlock different art styles (sluttyness of the uniform, make up etc.) but either way it makes a lot of work for you as a dev so I don't envy the decision.

...And thank you for the quick response. :cool:

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I'll keep a watch on this game. I would suggest if you wanted to use Ren'py or Unity I would go on Deviant Art and look for 2d artists, you could find quite a few up and comers that maybe willing to do art off of your sketches. I say up and comers because the popular 2d artists have some hefty fees. Then again maybe they would cut another artist/game creator a break and help them out.

Not knocking the art you've shown (by any means). I've observed over time that most games really take-off in popularity with 2d art.

FutaBox

Oct 23, 2017
News!
  • All characters (except chibis, they're not ready yet) were already drawn and added to the game.
  • We've created a new unplanned character (you can guess who she is if you'll be careful).
  • Most students' actions were completed. They somehow react when you interact with them.
I can safely say that the game is 60% ready so far and we see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Reactions: crugh2112

FutaBox

Oct 23, 2017

This is the last post before version 0.1 goes out into the world.
I'm really glad that nothing spoiled my plans to release the game in early February.
Rubicon is pretty close.

FutaBox

Oct 23, 2017
Yay, we released the version, you can download it here:
Hope that someone will make a new thread, here are good people, so I trust you.

(I especially want to thank for comments and support. Know, you're the best!)

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
Yay, we released the version, you can download it here:
Hope that someone will make a new thread, here are good people, so I trust you.

(I especially want to thank for comments and support. Know, you're the best!)
Well thank you. I am learning a ton of vernacular towards the police force in this. Is there any more of the story after the physical exam? I have not been able to find out where to get my uniform. Really like the art and all of the interactions that you have included in this first chapter. Much luck on the continuation of your game.

FutaBox

Oct 23, 2017
Well thank you. I am learning a ton of vernacular towards the police force in this. Is there any more of the story after the physical exam? I have not been able to find out where to get my uniform. Really like the art and all of the interactions that you have included in this first chapter. Much luck on the continuation of your game.
After the exam you go in the yard, there you find Arsenal building, go to the armourer and then he'll tell you what to do next.

FutaBox

Oct 23, 2017
Guys, now I have a discord. You can join the chat.

FutaBox

Oct 23, 2017
If someone needs, I'll duplicate here all news from patreon.

You see some changes in Sasha's look, and I think they make her more beautiful.
Initially, I thought to make the next version 0.15 with an additional quest, so you don't get bored while replaying the game, also there would be a new look of the main character and fixed grammar. But I guess you'll be more happy playing the full new version than replaying the same one with only one new quest.
So wait for it in the next version 0.2.

Reactions: mesoru

Dimael

Aug 25, 2017
her tits got smaller as a big boob fan this is a bummer sadly,but i still like the art style a ton

FutaBox

Oct 23, 2017

Some news

Today I wanna tell you that I made a gift for all people that have a trouble navigating on RPG Maker's map and cannot understand where they need to go and where are transfers between locations.

Arrows will show you direction to transfers. There will be no pointers to current quests, and you'll have to find out where to go and what to do from text. This is due to the fact that there are some secret locations, and arrows may cause confusion and stop you from finding them.

I'll bring you news about the progress in developing and I'll say a few words about release of the version 0.2 in a few days.

Stay in touch and follow the news.

Reactions: Cuckmeinster

FutaBox

Oct 23, 2017
Sasha's skills

In the next update, there will be some skills that Sasha will have, in particular:

Eloquence - your ability to make one or another person do something for your benefit (it could be not only lawful actions.) If you did it right, your skill level will rise, but if you failed...criminals will immediately attack you, and civilians could ignore it or stop communicate with you.

Popularity - If it's a fair victory, the skill level goes up. This skill is also responsible for your recognizability among civilians. If you're popular, it will be impossible to talk criminals by means of your eloquence.

Morality - the lower it is, the vilest things Sasha can do and the more corrupted she gets.

You can check your stats right at the start of the game, just go to such red mail boxes.

FutaBox

Oct 23, 2017
Good news

Guys, I've reconsidered my plans for new versions' volume and understood: big versions, that are in development for a long time, is evil.

You waste a lot of time doing it and make the players, that are looking forward to new parts of the game, stay in the dark about things for months. That's atrocious!

When spending a lot of time on development, you drive yourself to exhaustion because you don't quite understand when you'll finish. Therefore, I've decided to make fewer versions but I'll release it much faster.

Finally, these very news.

Soon you will be appeased with the release of the version 0.15 and with a little more of adventures of our great cadet Sasha.

You can start to wonder if future versions will get too small to be interesting to play.
I can assure you, in the next version, there will be lots of new actions, hot scenes and other adventures that definitely won't leave you indifferent.

Hope, these changes will be more to your taste and they will have a positive impact on the project as a whole.

Cuckmeinster

Jul 25, 2017
Good news

Guys, I've reconsidered my plans for new versions' volume and understood: big versions, that are in development for a long time, is evil.

You waste a lot of time doing it and make the players, that are looking forward to new parts of the game, stay in the dark about things for months. That's atrocious!

When spending a lot of time on development, you drive yourself to exhaustion because you don't quite understand when you'll finish. Therefore, I've decided to make fewer versions but I'll release it much faster.

Finally, these very news.

Soon you will be appeased with the release of the version 0.15 and with a little more of adventures of our great cadet Sasha.

You can start to wonder if future versions will get too small to be interesting to play.
I can assure you, in the next version, there will be lots of new actions, hot scenes and other adventures that definitely won't leave you indifferent.

Hope, these changes will be more to your taste and they will have a positive impact on the project as a whole.

It's not just that... it's the time to reflect on the journey they've all taken to get there. They're all so focused on the game, it takes a tech pause for them to actually look beyond their monitors (literally) and to see the thousands of people that traveled there and waited in the cold to watch them play a video game.

All these guys are veterans. It wasn't that long ago that they were playing "big prestigious LANs" in hotel conference rooms and basements with no crowd, no stream, and prize pools that barely covered the cost of travel, room & board, and food. They played for love of the game and for the intense competition.

Never in any of their dreams did they ever expect to fill arenas full of diehard fans, playing for hundreds of thousands of dollars; to be admired by kids and players from all over the world, to be seen as "sports" figures. And for what? For playing a game that they simply loved to begin with? This is passion for these guys, not sport. A kid who loves playing basketball knows that going pro in the NBA would make him a millionaire. A kid who loves CSGO/Dota just five years ago went into it knowing that going pro guaranteed absolutely nothing, except the chance to be the best.

Every single player on the stage was that kid; even the coaches, who probably earned more in the past year as a coach than they did their entire careers as players in the early/mid-2000s. There was no money or long-term career in it, they all just dared to be the best in something that had no other apparent long-term benefits (in fact, gaming was detrimental because it affected school and work).

Guys like GuardiaN and olof especially appreciate this moment because of how good they were 2-3 years ago when esports really took off, and how far they both fell after getting injured. The two of them for sure do not take a crowd gesture as simple as this for granted.

We're in a really weird time where a lot of the best players in the current "professional" environment were the best players of the previous "DIY/amateur" environment as well. They knew what it was like back then, when esports was a dead-end hobby and not a viable career.

In 10 years or so, none of the top pros will ever know what it was like. They'll all have grown up with/in a professional esports scene. A crowd gesture like this would be nothing out of the ordinary to them, but for a guy like olof or GuardiaN—right now, in this moment—it's the affirmation of a lifelong pursuit. It means absolutely everything.

FutaBox

Oct 23, 2017
It's not just that... it's the time to reflect on the journey they've all taken to get there. They're all so focused on the game, it takes a tech pause for them to actually look beyond their monitors (literally) and to see the thousands of people that traveled there and waited in the cold to watch them play a video game.

All these guys are veterans. It wasn't that long ago that they were playing "big prestigious LANs" in hotel conference rooms and basements with no crowd, no stream, and prize pools that barely covered the cost of travel, room & board, and food. They played for love of the game and for the intense competition.

Never in any of their dreams did they ever expect to fill arenas full of diehard fans, playing for hundreds of thousands of dollars; to be admired by kids and players from all over the world, to be seen as "sports" figures. And for what? For playing a game that they simply loved to begin with? This is passion for these guys, not sport. A kid who loves playing basketball knows that going pro in the NBA would make him a millionaire. A kid who loves CSGO/Dota just five years ago went into it knowing that going pro guaranteed absolutely nothing, except the chance to be the best.

Every single player on the stage was that kid; even the coaches, who probably earned more in the past year as a coach than they did their entire careers as players in the early/mid-2000s. There was no money or long-term career in it, they all just dared to be the best in something that had no other apparent long-term benefits (in fact, gaming was detrimental because it affected school and work).

Guys like GuardiaN and olof especially appreciate this moment because of how good they were 2-3 years ago when esports really took off, and how far they both fell after getting injured. The two of them for sure do not take a crowd gesture as simple as this for granted.

We're in a really weird time where a lot of the best players in the current "professional" environment were the best players of the previous "DIY/amateur" environment as well. They knew what it was like back then, when esports was a dead-end hobby and not a viable career.

In 10 years or so, none of the top pros will ever know what it was like. They'll all have grown up with/in a professional esports scene. A crowd gesture like this would be nothing out of the ordinary to them, but for a guy like olof or GuardiaN—right now, in this moment—it's the affirmation of a lifelong pursuit. It means absolutely everything.
I could partly agree with you. Let me explain why I don't agree with something you said.
You said these veterans were working for the idea. Example, Akabur has a goal-300$. He promised to feed animals and made it his shtick (that has spurred people to donate) because people like when someone feeds homeless animals. But he did it just several times and bought the cheapest food and the worst sausage. Then he stopped doing it. Same with the games. He's made a one good game - Princess trainer, that was completed even without Gold edition. After that, he was parasitic on his own name, making games with lower quality ideas. There are lots of examples of oldschool creators. I understand your position that the sky has been bluer and the grass has been greener, but today, there are a lot of creators working for the idea, and my heart grows heavy when I see projects that get a large amount of money, though they're based on incest and "fuck everything that moves", and those authors that wanted to bring something new, they have to be thankful for small mercies.
I'm talking not about us, our project has just begun to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote