• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Fullscreen mode broke my RPG games, can't change it back SOLVED

May 13, 2018
Was trying to play Urban Demons, which has 3 native choices for screen resolution in the options screen (the biggest being 1280x768, I think), but a Windows system window can be activated by pressing F1 in the game, which has a few check boxes. I used one to try to get the game to start in full screen .

After restarting the game to get the hoped for full screen experience, it did a little screen dance of black windows and background resizing, showed the title screen for <1 second with correspondingly short music, then crashed. Multiple attempted restarts often leave different arrangement of windows. The game is never working long enough for me to press the F1 button and get that system window, even after reinstall of the game and RTP.

Problem is that this situation spilled over into Bones Tales: The Manor - game was working fine prior, but after I made the change to Urban Demons, I get the identical problem in The Manor.

Tried looking at the game.ini files in both, no clue there. Right clicking the game.exe file didn't produce the system window to uncheck the "Start in Full Screen" box.

How can I get to that system window to correct the situation? I'd hate to think I bricked a bunch of games for a setting on one that somehow became universal.

May 13, 2018
Nevermind. Held F1 down before clicking on the game and it brought the system window up. Unchecked the box and it runs perfectly.