Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
Right ... that's what I'm saying. It's basically just small dialogue changes. Even the points don't really matter too much in most instances. Whether or not Jill knows doesn't really change much of anything. It just satisfies your own head canon of how the events unfolded.
Look, I'd like to discuss this further because I don't think I'm explaining myself well enough but this is the thread for Friends in Need so I think we should stop here. If you want to talk about it some more then just message me or something. Plus, I don't really want to keep attracting more DPC sycophants. They're the worst.

ALSO, the update for Friends in Need just came out, man! Lol. Let's focus on that. :LOL:
Are playing both paths of the MC?

Are you playing a solo girl route, just dating to see where it goes or you're in a harem?

As they are ways of being a good mc with a freaky rough side, the same goes with being a twisted MC.

Like you be on good terms with girls but still on the dark path which is interesting to replay and notice that.

Reactions: allanl9020142

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Are playing both paths of the MC?

Are you playing a solo girl route, just dating to see where it goes or you're in a harem?

As they are ways of being a good mc with a freaky rough side, the same goes with being a twisted MC.

Like you be on good terms with girls but still on the dark path which is interesting to replay and notice that.
I'm definitely pursuing all the characters except maybe one or two (I can't remember what I decided). From my understanding, there were more than 2 paths for the MC. Also, I feel like there's 3 archetypes for Guy: Good, Asshole, and Evil/Dark. Except, as it was explained to me the paths aren't really so much determined by the archetypes as it is by how the relationship you choose to have with each character. So there could be as many as 5 paths for each character. (As far as I was told)

As far as I can remember, I was playing the Good Guy and Asshole Guy (blackmailing, not being considerate of their feelings, etc.). I think I'm too squeamish for the Dark Guy stuff. Can't do it. But for sure, it's pretty interesting to see the different scenes depending on how you treat the characters. It's like playing alternate timelines because of how in-depth it gets with the writing.

Reactions: Alphaeboy
Nov 7, 2017
View attachment 2855959

FYI: The final version of the update is now available on SubStar, Patreon, and Discord.

I’m flying out of the country today and will have spotty internet access for a bit, but I’ll do my best to check in as frequently as possible! :D
Well you have a safe trip and I just subscribed to your Patreon. I want to say that I love your game! It's one of my favorites next to Lust and Power and The Personal Assistant! I love playing the villain, the mean one! :devilish: :ROFLMAO: :)

• Hey there
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

soldano

Jan 29, 2018
I've started a new game with the latest version (substar's), but it won't let me be mean to Nicky. Has that been removed? I have tried to put the patch (although it already has it), but it only lets me be "nice". Is this normal? Is it a bug? I am doing something wrong?

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I've started a new game with the latest version (substar's), but it won't let me be mean to Nicky. Has that been removed? I have tried to put the patch (although it already has it), but it only lets me be "nice". Is this normal? Is it a bug? I am doing something wrong?
Use the taboo content patch in the OP to unlock the more extreme options.

soldano

Jan 29, 2018
Use the taboo content patch in the OP to unlock the more extreme options.
A curious thing is that I have done it. But for some reason I don't get the worst options from chapter 1.
But it does not matter. I really have 4 gameplays. One where I'm the worst scum on earth. Another one in which I am a perfect gentleman (also known as henpecked xd). Another one in which I go the blackmail route. And the main one in which I'm bad with some, good with others, and dominant with the rest. I thought I had lost the gameplay where I am human trash, but no.

By the way, it never ceases to amaze me how the game changes according to the decisions you make. And I would recommend people who like the game to try several different gameplays. It's very gratifying to see how the story changes when you do it. An example is Viola, who can literally disappear from your life and you won't even notice (unless you play different gameplays). And another example is Ashe. You can see the more "playful" and kinky side of her. The "just business" side of hers. The side of her "broken woman" (not very nice, by the way. Realistic though). Etc...

This is a game where decisions really matter. And in this update it shows more than in any other. You can, for example, be blackmailing Ashe, but go redirecting the situation to a kind of "role-playing game" (good reference to TTRPGs in the update, by the way). Or you can go for the hate fuck thing, but she'll take it on business. Or you can be nice to her, but wake up her kinkier side of hers. The only thing I haven't been able to do is redirect the situation once you've raped her, but it's understandable. You have raped her and as she says, you must be crazy if you think you can fix it and be friends.

A great update. have fun.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
A curious thing is that I have done it. But for some reason I don't get the worst options from chapter 1.
But it does not matter. I really have 4 gameplays. One where I'm the worst scum on earth. Another one in which I am a perfect gentleman (also known as henpecked xd). Another one in which I go the blackmail route. And the main one in which I'm bad with some, good with others, and dominant with the rest. I thought I had lost the gameplay where I am human trash, but no.

By the way, it never ceases to amaze me how the game changes according to the decisions you make. And I would recommend people who like the game to try several different gameplays. It's very gratifying to see how the story changes when you do it. An example is Viola, who can literally disappear from your life and you won't even notice (unless you play different gameplays). And another example is Ashe. You can see the more "playful" and kinky side of her. The "just business" side of hers. The side of her "broken woman" (not very nice, by the way. Realistic though). Etc...

This is a game where decisions really matter. And in this update it shows more than in any other. You can, for example, be blackmailing Ashe, but go redirecting the situation to a kind of "role-playing game" (good reference to TTRPGs in the update, by the way). Or you can go for the hate fuck thing, but she'll take it on business. Or you can be nice to her, but wake up her kinkier side of hers. The only thing I haven't been able to do is redirect the situation once you've raped her, but it's understandable. You have raped her and as she says, you must be crazy if you think you can fix it and be friends.

Man it’s so nice to hear you enjoyed all the different routes! This one was really challenging in that regard, and while I still want to tweak it when I get back from vacay (linking the pill path to options to watch TV/visit Risa, working on the couch and kitchen sex scenes to expand the number of options/renders, etc.) I’m glad to hear you dug it.

I’m not sure what’s up with Chapter One not displaying options. I’ll take a look at the script once I’m back home on the 25th.

I’m currently ten hours into a fourteen hour flight, but I’ll continue to check in and troubleshoot over my vacay. $5 update drops tomorrow!

DatGuy20

Jul 14, 2017
Man it’s so nice to hear you enjoyed all the different routes! This one was really challenging in that regard, and while I still want to tweak it when I get back from vacay (linking the pill path to options to watch TV/visit Risa, working on the couch and kitchen sex scenes to expand the number of options/renders, etc.) I’m glad to hear you dug it.

I’m not sure what’s up with Chapter One not displaying options. I’ll take a look at the script once I’m back home on the 25th.

I’m currently ten hours into a fourteen hour flight, but I’ll continue to check in and troubleshoot over my vacay. $5 update drops tomorrow!
It happens when you install the patch in the middle of a CH1 Save from what i've seen happen to me. You have to make a completely new save in order for it to show the options at least that's what I saw.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

My main route is the good guy one but I try as much as I can. Some of the darker scenes are too much for my tastes but it's nice to have different options to explore.

Reactions: U330661

SlLePER

Dec 30, 2017
It happens when you install the patch in the middle of a CH1 Save from what i've seen happen to me. You have to make a completely new save in order for it to show the options at least that's what I saw.
Looking at the patch it is simply label that sets a variable. It probably gets called at start somewhere so games in progress are not affected.

PieNaive

Oct 31, 2019
My main route is the good guy one but I try as much as I can. Some of the darker scenes are too much for my tastes but it's nice to have dif
I can't tolerate being the bad guy, I know that those characters aren't real but unless I feel like they somewhat deserved to be treat like that or I'm just fucking horny that day, I always feel bad for them whenever I rape, harass, harm, take advantage of or do something against their will. Whenever I play the bad guy my dick just stand tall and then look down on how degenerated its owner has become, I couldn't fap or enjoy game's content while that guilt weighing down my chest.

Varrilete

Mar 20, 2019
I can't tolerate being the bad guy, I know that those characters aren't real but unless I feel like they somewhat deserved to be treat like that or I'm just fucking horny that day, I always feel bad for them whenever I rape, harass, harm, take advantage of or do something against their will. Whenever I play the bad guy my dick just stand tall and then look down on how degenerated its owner has become, I couldn't fap or enjoy game's content while that guilt weighing down my chest.
its the other way with me, imo i have life to be "good", in this games, i want to be the mother fucker son of a witch, the one that drugs a girl, beat the shit out of her, rapes, takes advantage and more, the "darker" the better for me.
Human mind is a universe

PieNaive

Oct 31, 2019
its the other way with me, imo i have life to be "good", in this games, i want to be the mother fucker son of a witch, the one that drugs a girl, beat the shit out of her, rapes, takes advantage and more, the "darker" the better for me.
Human mind is a universe
a while ago i played this game called miri's something that i cant remember the name, a girl in a tavern got some lust mark and become lewd, i degenerated her as much as i could, somehow got to a point where she ended up being a dirty whore in some random medieval wooden porta potty and got pregnant, after that i realised how pointless it was and i start to feel the void growing bigger inside of me. It's not that me and my dick dont like the nature of all that mess but how much better her life would have been. That's why i try my best to avoid female mc game because a large portion of that is just u degenerate and fuck up the mc life as much as possible or leading her to a fairy tale that doesn't exist

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Human mind is a universe
Yep. Saw the Viola dark path and nope i am out of here. Same for being a shitty mofo with Brittany or a transphobe with Mason. Good Guy for me or at most being a "paragade" Guy. :p

PieNaive

Oct 31, 2019
Yep. Saw the Viola dark path and nope i am out of here. Same for being a shitty mofo with Brittany or a transphobe with Mason. Good Guy for me or at most being a "paragade" Guy. :p
i was doing an asshole run until i play the dark viola scene, that was the tipping point for me to realise that those scene are not for me

Reactions: VOYEUR

soldano

Jan 29, 2018
FYI

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ch4_3.rpy", line 8993, in script
if ch4_3ashdaterape = True :
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/ch4_3.rpy, line 8993)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/ch4_3.rpy", line 8993, in script
if ch4_3ashdaterape = True :
File "[core path]\FriendsinNeed-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2133, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "[core path]\renpy\python.py", line 1151, in py_eval
code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
File "[core path]\renpy\python.py", line 1088, in py_compile
raise e
File "[core path]\renpy\python.py", line 1034, in py_compile
raise orig_e
File "[core path]\renpy\python.py", line 1027, in py_compile
tree = compile(source, filename, py_mode, ast.PyCF_ONLY_AST | flags, 1)
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/ch4_3.rpy, line 8993)

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
It is just assigning the variable instead of comparing. Should just be == instead of =
This was one of the oldest type of exploits under linux. To release some piece of software with some sort of super user permission assignment hidden like a permissions control.

4.50 star(s) 182 Votes