NO LONGER UPDATED

Get the latest version of the IC patch here:
Updated: 2019-05-09
Game/Creator: /
Modders: @bas and @gigan
Game Version: v0.20
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation/Usage:

Change Log:

Thanks @anne O'nymous for the guidance on how to make this a better mod.

Download Latest Version Here

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Unless there's other possibilities, which is the case here, I'm not fan of hard coded changes like this, because it break the game. As example, your mod revert all the changes made by the 0.51 version.

Here, there's really few (if not none) risks that "Alice" and "step-sister" happen to be part of a word, so you can make the change dynamically. This will leave you with few dialog lines to change directly in the source code. So few that they probably can be changed dynamically without real consequences on Ren'py performances.
So, this change "step-sister" to "sister" (with and without the upper case first letter), and "Alice" to "[sis_name]", everywhere in the game without any risk to break the game, without any need to edit the original code, and without any need to update the mod :
Code:
init python:
    def aliceName( text ):
        def innerChange( m ):
            if   m.group(0) == "Alice": return sis_name
            return "Sister" if m.group(0).startswith( "S" ) else "sister"
        return renpy.re.sub( r'(?:Alice|[sS]tep-sister)', innerChange, text )

config.say_menu_text_filter = aliceName
And if there's really few lines to change in addition to this two main changes, you can use this instead :
Code:
init python:
    hardChanged = {
        "My step-sister Alice and I have lived together for about 2 weeks now. It all started when my father moved out of the country for work and he left me with this big house and more than enough money to support myself.": "Our parents divorced when we were very young due to our father's constant travel for work. I lived with our father while my sister went to live with our mother. We never knew each other growing up." }

def aliceName( text ):
        def innerChange( m ):
            if   m.group(0) == "Alice": return sis_name
            return "Sister" if m.group(0).startswith( "S" ) else "sister"
    return hardChanged[text] if text in hardChanged else renpy.re.sub( r'(?:Alice|[sS]tep-sister)', innerChange, text )

config.say_menu_text_filter = aliceName
Just update "hardChanged" with the sentences that need to be changed ; I used the first one as example, to show you how it must be done, but there's obviously more.
In the end, the only change needed in the original code source is the line where the player is prompted to choose the name of Alice.

By the way, there's an error. If the player choose the childhood friend path, he will have to read this :
ver1.rpy:47
"During his travels he usually hooked up with women but those relationship always ended when we had to leave again. This means that over the years I've had more than a few mothers and siblings."
Why do you have changed "step-mothers" and "step-siblings" ? It was the right words here. Don't know if you made the error in other places or not.

Reactions: rf96, bas and Bohus

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
@anne O'nymous - Thanks for the direction and feedback. I'm learning python/ren'py by trial and error, and this is a much better way to do it. Going to experiment with this method for next rev.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I'm learning python/ren'py by trial and error, [...]
That's what I understood, and why I gave you the way but don't really explained it. You've a running base and you'll learn more trying to figure it out, than you could have by just reading my explanations.
Anyway, if you've a question, don't hesitate to PM me.

Reactions: bas
Aug 16, 2017
having a weird issue...clicking on the patch just opens another window showing all the text and doesn't download. windows 10 edge browser
right click doesn't have any download option and the best I can do is highlight all the text and save as a type of word doc.
will any work?

Morbius

Jun 11, 2017
having a weird issue...clicking on the patch just opens another window showing all the text and doesn't download. windows 10 edge browser
right click doesn't have any download option and the best I can do is highlight all the text and save as a type of word doc.
will any work?
Follow the installation instructions under the spoiler. The Ren'py files using .rpy are basically just text files containing code with their own file extension.

Aug 16, 2017
Follow the installation instructions under the spoiler. The Ren'py files using .rpy are basically just text files containing code with their own file extension.
genius. why didn't I think of that? except......that spoiler starts with 'download attached......' which I did point out is not an option. clicking on the attached file opens a new window showing the patch and NOT downloading it OR opening onto a window that I can 'save as'. pasting the text shown into a notepad file didn't work and neither did word doc.

hence why I asked above in earlier post

not all 'attached files' posted in this forum do this as many auto download when I click on them, but a few, like this one here, just open a new window and show the file in text form. a useful answer anyone?

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
genius. why didn't I think of that? except......that spoiler starts with 'download attached......' which I did point out is not an option. clicking on the attached file opens a new window showing the patch and NOT downloading it OR opening onto a window that I can 'save as'. pasting the text shown into a notepad file didn't work and neither did word doc.

not all 'attached files' posted in this forum do this as many auto download when I click on them, but a few, like this one here, just open a new window and show the file in text form. a useful answer anyone?
Try right-click, and "save link as" (or "save target as", etc) and download the file with .rpy extension.
Not sure how or why you are seeing the text of the rpy file, but you should be able to copy the text, save it to a .txt file, and rename the .txt file to the .rpy extension.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017

Let's play a game! - pick one:

1. Quit being a wet bag of dicks to people trying to help you.
2. Figure it out yourself.
3. Continue to be a wet bag of dicks, but you also have to be funny instead of just rude. :)

But seriously, would love to help you but don't get why you're lashing out at those already trying? Not cool, chill please. ;)

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Hi Bro! As always you help us with you great skill! I finally download the v0.8 and now try to download also the mod. I just wanna understand if is normal or not. When i download the mod, is written 110039_FF_v0.7-ic-patch-v0.4 is normal?
I mean the game is v0.8, but the mod is v0.7.
Perhaps the mod work also for the v0.8 without updated it^^ But is always better to ask.

Thanks as always!

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Hi Bro! As always you help us with you great skill! I finally download the v0.8 and now try to download also the mod. I just wanna understand if is normal or not. When i download the mod, is written 110039_FF_v0.7-ic-patch-v0.4 is normal?
I mean the game is v0.8, but the mod is v0.7.
Perhaps the mod work also for the v0.8 without updated it^^ But is always better to ask.

Thanks as always!
Yep, works just fine with v0.8 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.