VN Ren'Py Abandoned Flatmates [v0.1] [Lorvellum]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
As for the art style: I think it is no problem as long as the characters don't interact with the environment.
If they will, eventually, it'd make sense to plan for that now. Will they directly interact with a background picture?
Will the parts being used be drawn, just in those instances?

Reactions: johnconnor

just1more

Aug 8, 2016
The danger in having five different routes is that during the development, you either do them one by one, which means some routes will be empty for quite some time, or you do them at the same time, which means all five routes will be unfinished for quite some time. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'd make less routes or make sure every route isn't too elaborate if I were you.

E: forgot to say I really like the game, otherwise I wouldn't even bother posting this

Lorvellum

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
You adding traps and pregnancy?
Will this contain NTR?
There are no plans for either of these right now I'm afraid.

Tried out what little there was of the game. It has promise! I like the artwork. I would definitely want a gallery option implemented at some point. Some of the dialogue is a bit rough, but the multiple paths are a definite joy. Keep up the good work!
There actually is a gallery in there right now. It's in the phone menu and under the flower photo button. I guess that's not clear enough right now so I'll switch that up so it's easier to find.

is there voyeur content?
Not currently but it is planned soon.

Thank you all for the feedback. I hope you'll keep following the game and enjoy what comes out in the future.

Nevermourned

Aug 20, 2017
(I like the concept, and the idea of multiple approaches really works for me. I enjoy my evil best when I can also do a playthrough and be good and sweet.

In any case, I'll keep an eye on it as it's intrigued me, and the art style works fine for me. All that said, so far, this is way too sparse for me to seriously invest myself in. I'll keep an eye on it, I hope to see it grow into something cool, and I like the idea, however right now, it has enough just to note it's existence.)

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
I have seen other games that used real pictures for backgrounds, usually blurred, or with a filter applied (posterized) I've gotta say it looks better clear. I wish you luck with the game, and look forward to seeing more.

Nethen

Aug 10, 2017
I think the photographs for the back ground looks fine, I would keep it up. Will save a lot of time with no real drop in quality.

Cyrel

Feb 26, 2018
So with the name Flatmates I envisioned some sultry Aussie washboard chest lesbo action, guess i'm wrong.?

ReaperMan30

Sep 1, 2017
There are no plans for either of these right now I'm afraid.

There actually is a gallery in there right now. It's in the phone menu and under the flower photo button. I guess that's not clear enough right now so I'll switch that up so it's easier to find.

Not currently but it is planned soon.

Thank you all for the feedback. I hope you'll keep following the game and enjoy what comes out in the future.
Do you have a roadmap for when to expect the next update or is that still in the works? For each route planned so far as of this build, is it only up to 'you've reached the end of this route?'

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
Opinions on this as of 0.1!
Note, these are opinions which are subjective. Others may not agree and that's ok.

• Player entered name. Bad sign, normally player named characters have a lack of story and motivation to do anything.
  • Simple story to the game, but that isn't necessarily bad. The writing will have to make up for it though.
  • So far the writing has been good syntax and such.
  • Map is to big, moving from your bedroom to the kitchen takes WAY to many clicks.
  • Art style is fresh. I like it. Main female isn't a stick figure, nor THICC, but kind of an average body that you would see in reality.
  • Both females looked almost exactly the same... That worries me. While I like the art style, but if everyone looks the same it will be a serious problem.
  • Seems like there are a few stereotypes being used. Female boss being uptight and needs to be taken down a peg, boyfriend is a muscular douche that is a jerk. Feels like cheap writing to be honest.
  • LOL you know that this is actually NTR, not that Cuckold shit that people incorrectly call NTR. You are jealous of your roommates boyfriend because you want to be with her. That is the definition of NTR in Japan. I actually find true NTR refreshing.
  • First real branching path is worrisome. There are five paths. This is like 5 different ways to play. This makes me think each path will not be as long and detailed as I hoped.
  • Open world game, possible grinding for stats and money to artificially make the game look big. Some games can make it fun but most don't. Very cautious about this...
  • Seems like there are no random events. Only scripted events. If there are no random events then why make this open world? Another thing that makes me pause about this game long term.
  • Super short. Preferably I want a longer introduction into the game.

I think this has potential but I think the game framework might preventing this from being anything long term. Nothing in this is bad, but I see some things that can go south quickly. Hard to rate this when it's so new. I guess 4/5 so far but I'm expecting it to drop with a few updates. I hope I am proven wrong.

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
The walkthrough being behind a 10$ paywall is a bit annoying.

Trying to figure out these cosplay gallery images.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
i actually like this game and the of multiple paths is awesome. reading some of the above comments hmmm NTR doesnt seem to fit this game Too much since this game is about taking said girl so i dont see this being implemented fully. Pregnancy hmmm seems like something further down the line or at the end of the game. impregnation can pretty much happen whenever. Traps... dont care for but to each their own. actually the only one that makes sense is from the mentioned ones would be pregnancy mostly cuz if the MC is that obssesed with this break or dominate her out of a crush. then i dont see why he wouldnt knock her up lol. but yeah looking forward to see this game grow.

mrgoon

Mar 4, 2018
So i try the slut way, the hint i should check her bedroom and she work onthe afternoon in weekday. But i can't enter her room....(i tried every time and day)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote