VN Ren'Py First character for my planned game

another_alias

Apr 16, 2019
I am new to game developement but I'm having some ideas I want to get into a VN. A lot of games bothered me since they often look bad or have a horrible story so I'm just gonna create on myself.
I don't have any name for her yet so you're welcome to give me some ideas :)

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Nice out of so many bad LIs you got the boob slope right! just a personal pet peeve when they have a convex upper boob makes it look bolt on but yours is perfect!

I dunno she looks like something like an Addy or Kira to me...

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
The character looks good. Quite natural like I could meet het in the street. Her smile is quite cheeky, gives her a bit of personality. Nice lighting too by the way.
What the previous poster probably is reacting too is the hairstyle that a lot of people use (it is what comes free with Daz and is one of the good ones that can be posed). I don't mind it. (I even used it on my the character I use as a profile).
Since you really want to work on story and art. A consideration. What she is wearing is a bit revealing to wear out on the street. If you can justify it go ahead otherwise you might want to give her several outfits.
Lastly a suggestion. If you are going to make multiple characters don't start with your main character. You will get better over time so make a few characters and then your main one. Don't wait too long though as you might end up at a point where you don't have enough inspiration.

another_alias

Apr 16, 2019
The character looks good. Quite natural like I could meet het in the street. Her smile is quite cheeky, gives her a bit of personality. Nice lighting too by the way.
What the previous poster probably is reacting too is the hairstyle that a lot of people use (it is what comes free with Daz and is one of the good ones that can be posed). I don't mind it. (I even used it on my the character I use as a profile).
Since you really want to work on story and art. A consideration. What she is wearing is a bit revealing to wear out on the street. If you can justify it go ahead otherwise you might want to give her several outfits.
Lastly a suggestion. If you are going to make multiple characters don't start with your main character. You will get better over time so make a few characters and then your main one. Don't wait too long though as you might end up at a point where you don't have enough inspiration.
My game will be about freeuse and basically everyone is supposed to run around half naked lol
The hair is actually not one of the free assets but I definitely know what/which one you mean. I will try to make my characters look more unique. I've been spending some time scrambling more assets.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
What the previous poster probably is reacting too is the hairstyle that a lot of people use (it is what comes free with Daz and is one of the good ones that can be posed).

You're thinking of the Toulouse Hair that came with G3 through G8:

medieval-girl_p.png

Reactions: GNVE

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Ideas ? Ideas for what ? A name for her ? I would use a name generator:

Lea Miller. Why ? Because she looks bitchy and Lea suits it haha. Cant say much about other ideas since Im not even sure what type of story you even want to create.

Reactions: another_alias