• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

First Adult Store for iOS — What do you think?

annie888

Apr 4, 2024
Anyway, I wouldn't want to see my game on your site as long as people are paying money for it.
Sure, we respect your wishes and perspective!
We removed your game from the catalog - consider it done.

We truly wish we could offer our service for free, but the costs of Apple developer certificates make that impossible. Nonetheless, we're always open to future collaborations.

If you ever have a change of heart or feel like our platform's a good fit for you, just hit us up. We're always around and happy to have you on board anytime!

Reactions: Shadik

zegamez

Game Developer
May 22, 2019
Europe based the team ?

I'm asking because so far the use of any application not coming from the Apple Store is illegal, and void the user warranty. Plus, like it's not just an application, but a store that try to institutionalize the process, the chances are high that Apple decide to sue you.
Except if the team is Europe based, and if you wait still few weeks, because Apple finally decided to comply with the and therefore agree to let other stores appear... in a near future.

This being said, even that compliance with the DMA will not change one thing: Apple viscerally hate +18 content.

And it happen that Apple is really stuck up when it come to the public perception of their products, to the point that you can't make a movie where a bad guy would use one of them. So, imagine if you try to make +18 application run on iOS...
Of course, if someone decided to make such movie, the only thing they could do would be to sue them. Then they would probably lost the case. But winning wouldn't be their goal here. They would rely on their millions dollars lawyers to make the process last for years and cost to the production more than what they would have earned with the movie.
So, I have no doubt that they wouldn't hesitate a single second to goes after a store that would be dedicated to what they hate the most, +18 content. Like I have no doubt that it would make you in debt for 5 generations before the trial even actually starts.

Question: At what time of your team thinking process did you wondered why it's so challenging and why Apple didn't made it easier ?

Note that it's a purely rhetorical question. If you had had that thought, you would also had found by yourself everything I said above, and wouldn't had started your project.

With the prior agreement of the those games rights owners, right ?
An agreement that you'll get after having explicitly explained, to the said rights owner, that Apple will be in position to sue them for the simple fact that their game is now available on iOS, right ?

I mean, it would be illegal to port a game without an explicit agreement to do so, and it would be a pure dick move to do it, knowing that it would possibly lead to a lawsuit directed against those games rights owners. What would give to the said rights owners two reasons to sue you and, them, they would win the case...

I had hope for a second, until I discovered what was your concerns...

Am I dreaming, or is there an "and including the money we will give to the games rights owners", missing in what you wrote ?
I mean, you know that it would be totally illegal to not pay the games rights owners while earning money thanks to their creation, right ?

Dinaki Isvrat V19XX WeirdWorld zegamez Shadik The Alley Guy DreamNow AdultSpice
Did you agreed for your game(s) to be ported on iOS and made available on iOS platforms, through a fee-based service that apparently don't intent to give you a share of the benefits they expect to make thanks to your games ?

No, thanks, I prefer my life to be drama free...

I searched, but was totally unable to find them, so, where are the mandatory legal mentions ?

And why the two persons praising your service on your front page have deleted their tweets ?
I mean, you wouldn't have faked tweets, using real persons for that, right ? This too would be totally illegal and they could sue you for that.

TL;DR:

I hope you have a good lawyer, with all the lawsuits you exposed yourself to, he'll be able to by the island he dreams about.

Edit:
Icarus Media I'm curious to have your thoughts regarding the Apple Vs DMA part. Can Apple select the third party store and still be DMA compliant ?
Yes, I agreed. In fact, we signed a contract. By now, everything looks fair.

PS: I don't see a problem that they take money for subscription. Just imagine that itch.io or Steam would start charging players for access to "premium content." Would that stop you from publishing your game there? Builds don't charge players for playing particularly your game, right? They charge players for using the whole catalog. And taking in account how ambitious their goal - that's fair. I guess they realize what they are getting into. So, I'd wish them luck rather then saying "hey, that's Apple - you can't do that!"

Last edited:

annie888

Apr 4, 2024
Hey everyone,
I wanted to take a moment to touch on some key points from this thread, helping to clear things up for both current and future readers.

First off, a huge thanks to everyone who's contributed to this lively discussion. Your engagement is invaluable as we dive deeper into this sector. We started this conversation eager to learn and open to feedback from those more seasoned in the adult market. Your insights are crucial as we strive to adapt and cater to both developers and users.

Now, let's dive a bit deeper into our service's pricing structure:
In app distribution for iOS, free services often depend on less stable "corporate" or "free" certificates, which can cause frequent app functionality issues and necessitate regular reinstalls. In contrast, our paid service uses dependable developer certificates, which, while more costly, ensure a stable and uninterrupted user experience. The complexity of installing apps and ensuring device compatibility is managed by 'sideloading' services, which handle the intricate application signing process—something often lacking in free offerings. By choosing our paid service, you get a smooth experience supported by a professional team. Our subscription plans, priced at $19.99/m (our main store) with a 50% discount for the Adult store ($9,99), are crafted to deliver value and ensure affordability for a wide user base.

We're dedicated to addressing the challenges of unauthorized distribution and actively seek dialogue with developers and content creators. If anyone is uncomfortable with their IPA being distributed through our service, we're ready to remove it immediately. Beyond simple distribution, we assist developers in packaging their IPA files if they don't already have them.
Our primary objective is to make games accessible on iOS devices. Discussions like this one are pivotal in understanding how to serve the community best.

Regarding the developers mentioned by AON:
Dinaki, Isvrat, V19XX, WeirdWorld, zegamez, Shadik, The Alley Guy, DreamNow, AdultSpice
Except for Sharik, all have willingly collaborated with us and provided their game files for repackaging on iOS. Currently, only two games in our catalog were sourced from open-source platforms.

Concerning the issue of pirated websites and .ipa files - we're committed to running an honest operation. We've observed that many platforms upload files without asking for permission. In contrast, we not only seek consent but also offer collaborative opportunities, which is crucial.

Additionally, we're developing various programs to allow developers to profit in different ways. Our goal is also to enable developers to distribute paid content reliably through our service, and we're hard at work making this a reality.

I hope this sheds some light on your concerns. I'm eager to hear any feedback or further questions you might have!

Reactions: zegamez