Finding the best game engine for what I have in mind. . .

Zanurah

Jul 10, 2022
Hi, all! I've been on the lookout for a game engine to create an adult game. As of now, I've narrowed my search to Ren'Py and RPG Maker.

Between the two, I am leaning towards Ren'Py, yet I was curious if someone might know of a better engine for what I have in mind. That being something in similar vein to the original Corruption of Champions? Now, I know that game was designed for Flash, so given the latter is no longer supported, what is the preferred alternative going forward in this day and age?

Better yet, what is best for someone who's not much of a coder, yet still capable of getting a similar look to CoC?

Last edited:

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Hi, all! I've been on the lookout for a game engine to create an adult game. As of now, I've narrowed my search to Ren'Py and RPG Maker.

Between the two, I am leaning towards Ren'Py, yet I was curious if someone might know of a better engine for what I have in mind. That being something of similar vein to the original Corruption of Champions? Now, I know that game was designed for Flash, so given the latter is no longer supported, what is the alternative going forward in this day and age?

Better yet, what is best for someone who's not much of a coder, yet still capable of getting a similar look like CoC?
Renpy is fairly straight forward / easy to learn.