• Female Protagonists

Votes: 372 57.9%
  • Male Protagonists

Votes: 271 42.1%

• Total voters

SurvivalMyths

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2023
If I'm ever given the choice, I'll pretty much always go for the male protagonist option just for immersion purposes.

However I don't really have much of a problem with female protagonists either. I guess my preference really depends on the type of game I'm playing though. Generally I'm more for characters that have a bit of depth to them. So if it's obvious the game was tailored towards one side, then I'll usually go for whatever the developer / developers intended.

Oct 13, 2023
Male protagonists for me, simply because I can immerse myself better into them.

Been tempted to try one with a female protagonist, to see if they are any different. Haven't tried it yet but most likely will do so in the future when I get sick of playing these sad excuses of male protagonists in some of the games I try.

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
It depends on the game as to which gender is preferable. If it's a VN with incest or harem, then I prefer a Male MC (many great RPG's are done with Male MC's as well. One of my RPG favorites with a Male MC is the Queen Opala Series where a Female MC would just feel wrong. Though RPG games like Roundscape Adorevia are good with either gender). While most games tend to go the route of Male MC seduces Female NPC's for whatever reason, the memorable ones for me are where ye get the choice how to act with them (to which I tend to make it a romantic venture of love & sexual intimacy).

As long as game isn't the tired & worn out trope of: "Female MC that goes around & gets fucked by everyone with little to no choice in the matter", then I choose a Female MC in VN, HTML, & RPG games where there's an actual story & a good adventure to it (like the RPG Desecration of Wings).

As for the games with Hermaphrodite, Futanari, & Transgender MC's: This is much better done with a Feminine MC as it looks much more attractive (by most people, including me) & most people to think of a wider range of possibilities with this being a Feminine MC rather than a Masculine one.

It's a moot point in Time-Management games considering there is very little to no sexual content & if there is some then it's not a key focus of the game & more just to give some excitement or "flavor" to the game.

Pertaining to PC Games: it's mostly just about the eye candy as to which gender ye prefer to see in it. I prefer a Female MC for the obvious reason (among others) that the female body is a true work of art.

Overall:
It all comes down to personal preference & viewpoint. Everyone's preferences are different & many can be similar (if not the same) as other's, but the reason for those preferences are what makes them unique.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018
Since we are all like-minded deviant scumbags circling the drains of humanity, I would like to strike up a discussion with y'all on the subject of Female vs. Male protagonists.

I personally prefer female protagonists. I often disregard male protagonist games right off the bat. Most of the male protagonist games just seem way too seedy to me; like you're posing as some stud just fucking your way through 'worthless' women. However, playing as a woman feels like you're somehow taking power over sexuality and making choices that changes the character. When playing as a male, I just get the sense, that, you know; 'men are creeps', from beginning to end, and it's just a question of how many notches you can get on your belt. With female protagonists you can get a sense of development, from inoccent to deviant. But with male protagonists, you just start, stay and end deviant. I would therefore argue that character development is significantly limited in most male protagonist games, whereas with female protagonist games, you can get a real sense of progression, of character evolvement, which ultimately results in way more interesting storylines.

Anyway, what you guys think? And if you prefer male protagonist games, I would love to understand why? Maybe if someone gave me some perspective on this matter, I could perhaps start enjoying those games as well, which would be good, cos (DAMN!) there are a lot of them games out there. It would be 'a whole new world' to me (like Aladdin dude!). Remeber that movie? That was a good movie, man.

Alright, thanks for you time and hopefully your input. Now I'm just gonna lean back and wait for that deviant mountain to come to Muhammad.

Love and peace, SAFFID.
I prefer male protag, why? Because i'm a guy. I'm that odd guy that usually will play as a guy even in normal games because I want to be the main character. I don't truly enjoy the idea of controlling a woman physically or mentally so playing as doesn't entice me too much. In simpler terms, i want to be with the woman not be her.
It's already bad enough that i 90 or so percent of games have a white mc (which I'm not) so playing as a guy is all i got. It seems that you're main issue with male protag is the same one i have which is most mc's are usually written horribly. They are horn dogs that couldnt care less about emotion or love and just want to fuck everything with little actual plot. This is why i enjoy games where the mc is pretty decent in general. I assure you that there are some games out there with male mc's that aren't walking trashbags. Recently played a few where the mc was decent and had me laughing. To be honest the only thing about female protag games that almost entice me is that alot of them seem to have allot of effort put in them from the screencaps i see on a good bit of them.

praesegmen

Sep 1, 2019
I don't have a problem with either, most games with male protagonist are boring without much character depth. Do you guys have any game recommendation with good male protagonist who isn't just horny fuckboy?

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Those are just as rare as female protagonists who are no sluts.
Sex sells and lets be honest, most users are here for it. Personally i prefer a good story and a "real" sexlife, because most humans after puberty take what they get on the way and dont focus their whole life into getting sex. But those games are made by big devs and need mods to prevent fucking in underwear or fading out cutscenes. So far i still search for a healthy combination without needing a ton of mods and play with load orders...